Start by marking “Frasier Island (Frasier Island Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Frasier Island (Frasier Island Series #1)

Frasier Island (Frasier Island #1)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  145 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Seasoned novelist Susan Page Davis takes readers on an exciting military adventure where fear meets faith and weakness is exchanged for unexpected strength.

After specialized underwater training, Ensign Rachel Whitney is posted to a remote island in the North Pacific, a tiny scrap of rock guarding a highly classified secret. She could love her new assignment if her commandi
Published March 1st 2007 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Frasier Island, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frasier Island

Ruth
Ensign Rachel Whitney is thrilled when she is assigned to Frasier Island, a remote, highly classified naval outpost under the command of the legendary Lieutenant George Hudson. With a burning drive to succeed born out of past trauma, Rachel's quick temper flares when she encounters immediate hostility from her enigmatic commanding officer. Armed with her newly-minted Christian faith, she determines to acquit herself well and attempts to stifle her unwanted attraction to George, in spite of the p ...more
Tammy Doherty
Rachel Whitney has jut been posted to a remote Pacific island - where she hopes to learn from her commanding officer, Lt. George Hudson. There are only 3 people posted on the island, so when George and Rachel get off on the wrong foot, everyone is uncomfortable.

George is still grieving his late wife when Rachel arrives. The chemistry between them is undeniable, no matter how much he wishes to ignore it. When events escalate, George is forced to admit his feelings. But will he and Rachel get thr
Nicole
Katy
Loved it!! Found another new author that does a beautiful job at building characters & developing really unexpected plot twists! Great blend of intrigue, military interest, romance & faith! Definitely a page turner! I read them out of order, tho. :(
Janice Sisemore
Frasier island

George lost his one true love to cancer and just wants to get away. He is in the navy and is assigned to a remote island. Ensign Rachael Whitney is assigned to work for him there. They do not get along at first because she feels he has something against her. This book has a lot of suspense in it.
Tamara
FRASIER ISLAND is a fast-paced novel that you won’t want to put down. Ensign Rachel Whitney gets her dream assignment, being stationed on the secluded island of Frasier. After reading up on the man who will be her C.O., she can’t wait to meet the legend, Lt. George Hudson. Her thoughts quickly change when she finds him cold and unapproachable. Both Hudson and Whitney try to ignore the tension between them, while Pierre, the third person in the crew realizes the tension is due to the mutual attra ...more
Delaney Keiser
I was captured in the story from the beginning! LOVED this book!
Kimberly
Jan 12, 2008 Kimberly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of inspirational fiction
Shelves: gentle-reads
This was a good inspirational fiction/adventure book. I was a little dismayed with the implausibility of two Naval officers finding romance with each other. My impression has always been that fraternization between officers is highly frowned upon. Although, if one were stuck on an island with only three people, I suppose it would be possible. Also, the secret that they are hiding/guarding on the island was a bit fantastical. I still give the book three stars; I enjoyed the story.
Loraine Nunley
I enjoyed reading "Frasier Island". The storyline was very interesting (imagine being on a remote island with only two other people and having to be standing watch over the countries interests - a great "what if?") and I liked that the main characters had time to develop a relationship. I also enjoyed the secondary character, Pierre, who was the kind of friend everyone should have. I look forward to reading the next book in the series.
Jen
This book was alright...it took me pretty much the whole term to get through...haha. I could only read about 3 pages a night before falling asleep. But I'm sure if I had read it more normally I would have liked it more.
Miriam
Excited to find an author of this quality again. Just the right amount of suspense! Comparable to Dee Henderson. Can't wait to read another written by Susan Page Davis.
Stephanie
The romance story line was very predictable, the mystery not as predictable, and it was very light on the preaching. Not quite Dee Henderson, but still very enjoyable.
Susan
I think this is a good one. It had some parts that could've been left out because it really didn't have much to do with the whole plot but all in all it was ggod.
Susan
Ensign Rachel Whitney is posted to a tiny island guarding a highly classified secret. Word leaks out. Good adventure and a little romance.
Michelle
Aug 30, 2007 Michelle rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those who like Dee Henderson
I really liked this book...reminiscent of Dee Henderson's stuff, but in a less "hero" sort of way. I hope she writes some more like this.
Amy
This story falls into the subgenre of Romantic Suspense. It is a military tale set in the North Pacific in present time.
Sheryl
I took Michelle's recommendation to read this one, and I was glad I did. A good story with some action and adventure.
Melissa
Excellent Christian adventure about Navy officers on a small military island.
Leah (packfan20)
Not one of my favorites by SPD. The relationships were too unrealistic.
Sara
Intriguing series. Good story line and suspenseful
AmyJo
I loved this book. Very interesting. Kept me guessing.
Jessie Jones
Absolutely wonderful! I loved reading it.
Jeannie
Dec 23, 2009 Jeannie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Jeannie by: Amy Jo Wheeler
Shelves: fiction, novel
Vancouver girls' book club - Dec '09
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Judi Lacey
Judi Lacey marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Lisa Anderson
Lisa Anderson marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
  • Paid In Blood (NCIS, #1)
  • The Wedding Caper (Bridal Mayhem Mystery, #1)
  • Sworn to Protect (Call of Duty, #2)
  • Nightshade (Discarded Heroes, #1)
  • Fiesta Moon (Moonstruck #2)
  • Cowgirl at Heart (The McCord Sisters, #2)
  • Boo
  • Christmas Mail-Order Brides: Four Mail-Order Brides Travel the Transcontinental Railroad in Search of Love
  • Amanda (Austen Series, #5)
  • Stand-In Groom (Brides of Bonneterre #1)
  • Lethal Legacy (Guardians of Justice, #3)
  • Crimson Eve (Kanner Lake Series #3)
  • A Delirious Summer
  • Canary Island Song (Hideaway #2)
  • Revealed (Fountain Creek Chronicles, #2)
  • A Garden in Paris
  • Emily's Chance (The Callahans of Texas, #2)
  • In Sheep's Clothing (Mission: Russia #1) (Steeple Hill Women's Fiction #25)
FROM AUTHOR'S WEBSITE: I'm a native of central Maine, and grew up on a small farm with a wonderful mom and dad, three sisters and a brother. Most of my books take place in small towns, many of them in Maine.

My husband, Jim, and I moved to his birth state, Oregon, for a while after we were married, but decided to move back to Maine and be near my family. We're so glad we did. It allowed our six ch
More about Susan Page Davis...

Frasier Island (3 books)
  • Finding Marie (Frasier Island Series #2)
  • Inside Story
Love Finds You in Prince Edward Island, Canada The Sheriff's Surrender (The Ladies' Shooting Club Series, #1) The Lady's Maid (Prairie Dreams, #1) Lady Anne's Quest (Prairie Dreams, #2) The Gunsmith's Gallantry (The Ladies' Shooting Club, #2)