Start by marking “Frasier Island (Frasier Island Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Frasier Island (Frasier Island Series #1)

Frasier Island (Frasier Island #1)

4.14  ·  Rating Details  ·  167 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Seasoned novelist Susan Page Davis takes readers on an exciting military adventure where fear meets faith and weakness is exchanged for unexpected strength.

After specialized underwater training, Ensign Rachel Whitney is posted to a remote island in the North Pacific, a tiny scrap of rock guarding a highly classified secret. She could love her new assignment if her commandi
Published March 1st 2007 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Frasier Island, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frasier Island

Deb Brammer
Dec 20, 2015 Deb Brammer rated it really liked it
Frasier Island was an interesting setting that was distinctively military. Ensign Rachel Whitney is sent to Frasier Island to serve in a capacity for which she has been well trained. She lives on this remote island with only two other personnel, both men. She has to work to earn the respect of Lt. George Hudson who doesn't think women should be stationed in these close quarters with men. Before coming to the island, Rachel has great respect for George's abilities, but after meeting him, she feel ...more
Ruth
Feb 06, 2009 Ruth rated it it was amazing
Ensign Rachel Whitney is thrilled when she is assigned to Frasier Island, a remote, highly classified naval outpost under the command of the legendary Lieutenant George Hudson. With a burning drive to succeed born out of past trauma, Rachel's quick temper flares when she encounters immediate hostility from her enigmatic commanding officer. Armed with her newly-minted Christian faith, she determines to acquit herself well and attempts to stifle her unwanted attraction to George, in spite of the p ...more
Tammy Doherty
Mar 26, 2010 Tammy Doherty rated it really liked it
Rachel Whitney has jut been posted to a remote Pacific island - where she hopes to learn from her commanding officer, Lt. George Hudson. There are only 3 people posted on the island, so when George and Rachel get off on the wrong foot, everyone is uncomfortable.

George is still grieving his late wife when Rachel arrives. The chemistry between them is undeniable, no matter how much he wishes to ignore it. When events escalate, George is forced to admit his feelings. But will he and Rachel get thr
Nicole
Sep 26, 2013 Nicole rated it it was ok
Tracy
Dec 25, 2015 Tracy rated it liked it
Not a bad read. A Christian romantic suspense about a distant, important, and isolated naval outpost and the three-member team working on it. Really enjoyed this one, and was glad to have a strong and independent heroine, though I think that part died off too much at the end.
Katy
Apr 13, 2014 Katy rated it really liked it
Loved it!! Found another new author that does a beautiful job at building characters & developing really unexpected plot twists! Great blend of intrigue, military interest, romance & faith! Definitely a page turner! I read them out of order, tho. :(
Janice Sisemore
Aug 31, 2014 Janice Sisemore rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
Frasier island

George lost his one true love to cancer and just wants to get away. He is in the navy and is assigned to a remote island. Ensign Rachael Whitney is assigned to work for him there. They do not get along at first because she feels he has something against her. This book has a lot of suspense in it.
Tamara Tilley
Jan 23, 2016 Tamara Tilley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, own
FRASIER ISLAND is a fast-paced novel that you won’t want to put down. Ensign Rachel Whitney gets her dream assignment, being stationed on the secluded island of Frasier. After reading up on the man who will be her C.O., she can’t wait to meet the legend, Lt. George Hudson. Her thoughts quickly change when she finds him cold and unapproachable. Both Hudson and Whitney try to ignore the tension between them, while Pierre, the third person in the crew realizes the tension is due to the mutual attra ...more
June
Dec 27, 2015 June rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Second reading I read this years ago and enjoyed it. One of my all time favorite books ever. Just finished reading it with the boys and they liked it.

Rachel has admired George Hudson for a long time. She is excited when after training she gets the assignment at Frasier Island and finally gets to meet George. But things don't go well and she finds herself being short tempered and insubordinate with him. Things on the island are pretty laid back. She enjoys time spent with Pierre and is glad he's
Terry Conrad
Feb 17, 2016 Terry Conrad rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Good storyline. All characters well developed and lots of suspense.
Delaney Keiser
Apr 23, 2014 Delaney Keiser rated it it was amazing
I was captured in the story from the beginning! LOVED this book!
Barbara Wayne cassidy
Apr 15, 2016 Barbara Wayne cassidy rated it really liked it
Quite and intriguing plot with some twists.
Kimberly
Jan 12, 2008 Kimberly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of inspirational fiction
Shelves: gentle-reads
This was a good inspirational fiction/adventure book. I was a little dismayed with the implausibility of two Naval officers finding romance with each other. My impression has always been that fraternization between officers is highly frowned upon. Although, if one were stuck on an island with only three people, I suppose it would be possible. Also, the secret that they are hiding/guarding on the island was a bit fantastical. I still give the book three stars; I enjoyed the story.
Loraine Nunley
Jun 13, 2013 Loraine Nunley rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading "Frasier Island". The storyline was very interesting (imagine being on a remote island with only two other people and having to be standing watch over the countries interests - a great "what if?") and I liked that the main characters had time to develop a relationship. I also enjoyed the secondary character, Pierre, who was the kind of friend everyone should have. I look forward to reading the next book in the series.
Jen
Nov 27, 2007 Jen rated it liked it
This book was alright...it took me pretty much the whole term to get through...haha. I could only read about 3 pages a night before falling asleep. But I'm sure if I had read it more normally I would have liked it more.
Miriam
Apr 10, 2008 Miriam rated it it was amazing
Excited to find an author of this quality again. Just the right amount of suspense! Comparable to Dee Henderson. Can't wait to read another written by Susan Page Davis.
Stephanie
Jun 16, 2010 Stephanie rated it really liked it
The romance story line was very predictable, the mystery not as predictable, and it was very light on the preaching. Not quite Dee Henderson, but still very enjoyable.
Susan
Apr 17, 2011 Susan rated it really liked it
I think this is a good one. It had some parts that could've been left out because it really didn't have much to do with the whole plot but all in all it was ggod.
Susan
May 01, 2008 Susan rated it really liked it
Ensign Rachel Whitney is posted to a tiny island guarding a highly classified secret. Word leaks out. Good adventure and a little romance.
Michelle
Aug 30, 2007 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Those who like Dee Henderson
I really liked this book...reminiscent of Dee Henderson's stuff, but in a less "hero" sort of way. I hope she writes some more like this.
Amy
Jul 28, 2007 Amy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: inspirational
This story falls into the subgenre of Romantic Suspense. It is a military tale set in the North Pacific in present time.
Sheryl
Sep 26, 2007 Sheryl rated it really liked it
I took Michelle's recommendation to read this one, and I was glad I did. A good story with some action and adventure.
Melissa
Sep 12, 2014 Melissa rated it really liked it
Excellent Christian adventure about Navy officers on a small military island.
Leah (packfan20)
Not one of my favorites by SPD. The relationships were too unrealistic.
Sara
Sep 14, 2010 Sara rated it really liked it
Intriguing series. Good story line and suspenseful
AmyJo
Mar 25, 2009 AmyJo rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Very interesting. Kept me guessing.
Jessie Jones
Aug 20, 2009 Jessie Jones rated it it was amazing
Absolutely wonderful! I loved reading it.
Jeannie
Dec 23, 2009 Jeannie rated it liked it
Recommended to Jeannie by: Amy Jo Wheeler
Shelves: novel, fiction
Vancouver girls' book club - Dec '09
Carple
Carple rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2016
Pat Winter
Pat Winter marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Wedding Caper (Bridal Mayhem Mystery, #1)
  • Paid In Blood (NCIS, #1)
  • Allah's Fire (Task Force Valor Series, #1)
  • Hi Honey, I'm Home (Palisades Pure Romance)
  • Stand-In Groom (Brides of Bonneterre #1)
  • Sworn to Protect (Call of Duty, #2)
  • Finding Hope
  • Cowgirl at Heart (The McCord Sisters, #2)
  • Nightshade (Discarded Heroes, #1)
  • To Dance Once More (Hope of the South, #1)
  • Beautiful Bandit (Lone Star Legends, #1)
  • Cuts Like a Knife (Kristen Conner Mystery #1)
  • Amanda (Austen Series, #5)
  • Lost in NashVegas
  • Canary Island Song (Hideaway #2)
  • Christmas Mail-Order Brides: Four Mail-Order Brides Travel the Transcontinental Railroad in Search of Love
  • Where Heaven Begins
  • Boo
FROM AUTHOR'S WEBSITE: I'm a native of central Maine, and grew up on a small farm with a wonderful mom and dad, three sisters and a brother. Most of my books take place in small towns, many of them in Maine.

My husband, Jim, and I moved to his birth state, Oregon, for a while after we were married, but decided to move back to Maine and be near my family. It allowed our six children to grow up feel
More about Susan Page Davis...

Frasier Island (3 books)
  • Finding Marie (Frasier Island Series #2)
  • Inside Story