Start by marking “Virgin Lies (Paul Lucas, #2)” as Want to Read:
Virgin Lies (Paul Lucas, #2)

Virgin Lies (Paul Lucas #2)

3.33  ·  Rating Details  ·  95 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews

On a blistering Boston summer day, a nine-year-old girl disappears while crossing a public park. The only witness is a homeless schizophrenic woman who believes she is under surveillance and whose memory may not be reliable. Dr. Paul Lucas, an expert at interrogating violent criminals and the insane, is called in to help evaluate the woman's testimony.
Lucas elicits small
Published March 20th 2007 by St. Martin's Press (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Virgin Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Virgin Lies

Raymond
Interesting premise, and the tension between man and wife and the question of Principle and Pragmatism which arises between them well presented.

Unfortunately, the author chose an hour by hour unfolding of the story which becomes tedious long before the conclusion
Amna
Jul 20, 2011 Amna rated it liked it
This was an ok book. It was boring compared to the first one, very disappointing. i wouldn't recommend it to people who read the first one.

This book was about Dr. Lucas, a forensics Physchatrist, who got called in by his wife, Abby, to come interview suspects of danielle's kidnapping. Danielle is a 8 year old girl who was told to go pick up coffee then went into a van and wasn't seen afterwards. The suspects are Arthur and Dave. Dave works at the coffee/ donut shop where she picked the coffee up
Amy
Apr 05, 2014 Amy rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book - it's among my favorites that I've read lately and I'm really looking forward to reading more of Anscombe's works. I'm fascinated by deception detection and found this story truly engaging; it was well-paced, with such an interesting exploration of professional ethics.
Daphne

Kind of interesting but only because I wanted to know what happened to the girl, the main character didn't interest me at all and I couldn't care less about his struggles with his wife. I didn't realize it was the second book in a series until I had already started, a few of the references to the first story felt distracting and out of place because they had little to do with the plot of this book. I also wish the ending had been somewhat less abrupt and more satisfying. I'm not eager to read mo
Sadie
Feb 19, 2008 Sadie rated it did not like it
You know how you're at the library and you grab a book you wouldn't normally read but you think, hey, I have a dr.'s appt soon, and this will be just the thing to read; I can breeze through it, be entertained and no harm done? Well, that's why I checked out this book. Yeah, it's a quick read but even though its written by an expert, I found it to be insulting to my intelligence and to people everywhere with half a brain.
Maggie
Nov 03, 2012 Maggie rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book, and thought it was thrilling. It made you think a bit about how police use thief own ways of getting information. I read this book before the first one and actually liked this one better, even if I didn't get the references back to the first book as I read this one.
Lisa Greer
Feb 22, 2009 Lisa Greer rated it really liked it
My gosh, Anscombe is a gripping, talented writer. If you are interested in abornal psych, his is THE king of it from all that I've read in recent years. He also has the cred. to back it up. I learn so much when I read his books, and they are like a wild ride... with lots of humanity and heart.
Christen
Aug 07, 2007 Christen rated it liked it
Ok book for the train if you read through books quickly. Fast-paced, easy and quick read. Somewhat abrubt ending, but interesting story throughout. The book is about a kidnapping and is told by a criminal profiler, so don't let the title deceive you.
Miriam
Mar 09, 2011 Miriam rated it liked it
What would you do in the name of justice? not the law, mind you, but justice. Would you cross the line of your principles to save a life? Does the end justify the means?
Eleanor
Oct 28, 2009 Eleanor rated it liked it
This is actually a very good psycho-thriller ... It dragged
in some spots, which is why I only gave it a 3 ..
Gabrielle
Jul 02, 2009 Gabrielle rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Spoiler alert!!!

This makes you question what you believe about using torture as a means to obtain information.
Jacquidee
Jul 28, 2008 Jacquidee rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Absolutely loved it. Cannot wait to read his 1st novel.
Kirakori
windwinded. shut up & get to the job dude!
Karen Riley
Karen Riley rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2016
Eric
Eric marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2016
Amanda B
Amanda B marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2016
Suzan
Suzan rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2016
Aimee
Aimee added it
Feb 29, 2016
André Eerden
André Eerden marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2016
Nikki Roberts
Nikki Roberts marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2016
Judy Spare
Judy Spare rated it it was ok
Jan 26, 2016
Katie
Katie added it
Jan 16, 2016
Gilles Oorts
Gilles Oorts marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
Keith Vaughan
Keith Vaughan rated it it was amazing
Dec 14, 2015
Olivia
Olivia added it
Dec 13, 2015
Lieve Dupont
Lieve Dupont rated it liked it
Nov 19, 2015
Meg
Meg rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2015
Elli Modschiedler
Elli Modschiedler rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

Paul Lucas (2 books)
  • The Interview Room (Paul Lucas, #1)