Virgin Lies (Paul Lucas, #2)

Virgin Lies (Paul Lucas #2)

3.34 of 5 stars 3.34  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  12 reviews

On a blistering Boston summer day, a nine-year-old girl disappears while crossing a public park. The only witness is a homeless schizophrenic woman who believes she is under surveillance and whose memory may not be reliable. Dr. Paul Lucas, an expert at interrogating violent criminals and the insane, is called in to help evaluate the woman's testimony.
Lucas elicits small
Published March 20th 2007 by St. Martin's Press (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Virgin Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Virgin Lies

Raymond
Interesting premise, and the tension between man and wife and the question of Principle and Pragmatism which arises between them well presented.

Unfortunately, the author chose an hour by hour unfolding of the story which becomes tedious long before the conclusion
Amna
This was an ok book. It was boring compared to the first one, very disappointing. i wouldn't recommend it to people who read the first one.

This book was about Dr. Lucas, a forensics Physchatrist, who got called in by his wife, Abby, to come interview suspects of danielle's kidnapping. Danielle is a 8 year old girl who was told to go pick up coffee then went into a van and wasn't seen afterwards. The suspects are Arthur and Dave. Dave works at the coffee/ donut shop where she picked the coffee up...more
Amy
I really enjoyed this book - it's among my favorites that I've read lately and I'm really looking forward to reading more of Anscombe's works. I'm fascinated by deception detection and found this story truly engaging; it was well-paced, with such an interesting exploration of professional ethics.
Sadie
You know how you're at the library and you grab a book you wouldn't normally read but you think, hey, I have a dr.'s appt soon, and this will be just the thing to read; I can breeze through it, be entertained and no harm done? Well, that's why I checked out this book. Yeah, it's a quick read but even though its written by an expert, I found it to be insulting to my intelligence and to people everywhere with half a brain.
Maggie
I really liked this book, and thought it was thrilling. It made you think a bit about how police use thief own ways of getting information. I read this book before the first one and actually liked this one better, even if I didn't get the references back to the first book as I read this one.
Lisa Greer
My gosh, Anscombe is a gripping, talented writer. If you are interested in abornal psych, his is THE king of it from all that I've read in recent years. He also has the cred. to back it up. I learn so much when I read his books, and they are like a wild ride... with lots of humanity and heart.
Christen
Ok book for the train if you read through books quickly. Fast-paced, easy and quick read. Somewhat abrubt ending, but interesting story throughout. The book is about a kidnapping and is told by a criminal profiler, so don't let the title deceive you.
Miriam
What would you do in the name of justice? not the law, mind you, but justice. Would you cross the line of your principles to save a life? Does the end justify the means?
Eleanor
This is actually a very good psycho-thriller ... It dragged
in some spots, which is why I only gave it a 3 ..
Gabrielle
Spoiler alert!!!

This makes you question what you believe about using torture as a means to obtain information.
Jacquidee
Jul 28, 2008 Jacquidee rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Absolutely loved it. Cannot wait to read his 1st novel.
Kirakori
windwinded. shut up & get to the job dude!
Lilian
Lilian added it
Aug 19, 2014
Marjolein
Marjolein marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Laura Stuckey
Laura Stuckey marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
-oii-
-oii- added it
Jun 11, 2014
Anil Sensoz
Anil Sensoz marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2014
Mary Worley
Mary Worley marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
Cory
Cory added it
Jul 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Secret Life Of Laszlo, Count Dracula The Interview Room (Paul Lucas, #1) Shank O interrogatório Görüşme Odası