Code Name: Nanny (SEAL and Code Name, #5)

Code Name: Nanny (SEAL and Code Name #5)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  735 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Forget about counterterrorism, organized crime, and money laundering. Female FBI agent Summer Mulcahey is about to enter the terrifying world of ballet classes, science tutorials, and carpooling.

After working six months straight on a hideous kidnapping case, all Summer Mulcahey wants is a serious dose of sun, surf, and sangria. Instead she gets her craziest assignment yet-...more
Mass Market Paperback, 448 pages
Published June 1st 2004 by Dell (first published January 1st 2004)

Something About You by Julie JamesA Lot like Love by Julie JamesWild Card by Lora LeighUnlawful Contact by Pamela ClareThe Darkest Hour by Maya Banks
I Love A Man In Uniform
270th out of 944 books — 902 voters
Carolina Moon by Nora RobertsThe Playboy by Carly PhillipsThe Bachelor by Carly PhillipsHot Property by Carly PhillipsHot Stuff by Carly Phillips
Mar - Mar's 3
78th out of 100 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Kara Jorges
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with this book that some heavy editing wouldn’t fix. While filled with likeable characters and done in a decent prose, as a whole, the book was disjointed and dragged on, after a clumsy stumble. The story begins when FBI agent Summer Mulcahey starts her new assignment posing as a nanny to keep a junior prosecutor and her two children safe. She meets Navy SEAL Gabe Morgan when he strolls naked out of her shower, victim of a prank by Summer’s charges, Audra and...more
Marian
Sep 06, 2012 Marian rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of chick lit, light suspense and the Stephanie Plum novels
As a fan of light chick lit and romantic suspense, I loved this book. It had my favorite elements in it. The suspense plot was good and blended well with the romantic side of the story.

To be honest though, I didn't care too much about the romantic relationship of the main character, Summer. I actually liked the secondary relationship more. Cara and Tate's story was better in terms of the romantic ideal. They made you want to root for them at all cost and they're the reason why I sped through th...more
Nickey Vu
i absolutely fell in love with this book the moment i read it. ONE OF MY FAVORITE. i was inspired to become a FBI agent like Summer after the book was done. HOT SEXY ROMANCE, thrills, and fun!

i was SO SERIOUS for 2 years til one day, i decided to look up the requirements to be an FBI and i gave up hope LOL but everyone knew i wanted to become one, esp my first love. i remember like it was yesterday in 9th grade in hands-on technology class. we would get 15 mins of book reading before the start o...more
Charli
I have to say, another winner by Christina Skye! While I have to admit, I'm reading the books completely out of order, I am thoroughly enjoying the series. I just wish I knew exactly what books are in the series. I know I have 2 of them, Nanny & Baby, and I have Princess on the way.

When Summer Mulcahey is assigned to protect San Francisco's youngest and female assistant DA and her children, she is not aware that Navy Seal Gabe Morgan is also on protection detail there at the personal request...more
Jessi
The super SEALS are back, this time with Gabe as an undercover gardener, asked by his best friend to protect an assistant DA. This particular friend is a Senator and the DA is his fiancee. It seems the DA has been receiving threatening letters and Senator Tate wants to make sure that his new family is safe.
Meanwhile, the DA has contacted the FBI and they send in Summer as a replacement nanny for the DAs two daughters. Summer and Gabe soon realize they are on the same team and that they have to...more
Jaime Atkins
This is the first book I have read by this author and I have to say I really enjoyed it. The characters were fun and the story was exciting. I liked the intertwining story lines with Cara and the Senator alongside Summer and Gabe. The one thing I really liked was that the story did not end abrubtly as soon as the mystery was solved. Each individual story was wrapped up nicely with plenty of pages. That was a nice change. My library only has the next in this series, but I will be hunting out mor...more
July
I would say this book is more a suspense novel more than a romance novel. The romance is secondary. There is a pretty good suspense story. Summer is a FBI agent, she is under cover for District Attorney Cara's Children as a Nanny. Cara is being threatened by a goon who is going to trial. Cara is engaged to be married to Senator Tate. So the first romance is about these two (Cara and Tate). The second romance is about Summer FBI agent and Gabe Navy Seal. But I think the story is more about the my...more
OctoberWoman
I read this book back in 2010, and just realized today it was still marked as to read on my Goodreads shelf. The only note I made about it at the time was:

I really enjoyed this. I gather there are a lot of romances now about CIA agents and Navy SEALS and the like, sort of a new mini genre, but this is the first one I've read. I picked up a couple more books in the series though and plan to continue it, as well as keep an eye out for other books by the author.
Karalee
This was a fun, chick-lit book involving an FBI agent that goes undercover as a nanny while investigating threats against the mom (a district attorney). The characters were interesting and the book was a very fast read but there were some plot holes and jumps that were not quite realistic. I would definitely read another book by this author, though, because it was a quick, fun read.
Kelly
This is the first book I've read by Skye, and I'll be looking for more by her. Quite a few books I've read recently seem to have two different, but connected romances within the story. It keeps the storyline moving and adds more meat to the plot. This one is no exception and there is an additional mystery that's solution was quite unexpected
Beth F.
I didn’t like this book. I have so many complaints with this book that I don’t even feel like listing them all. But the top reasons this book was Made of FAIL are:

--poor character development
--ferrets
--trying to cram too much plot into a romance paperback book.

Blech.
Cris
Really works better as an action-adventure with a romantic storyline than a romance. About half-way through the book splits focus into a second couple. Lots of minor plot threads go nowhere or are left hanging. Contains several moderatly explict sex scenes.
Brianna
pretty good. now i can see why this woman was so stubborn. she felt like she had the need to prove herself to the men that she was a good agent. I really really like Gabe at the end for what he did to her, but he made up for it in the end.
Alexandra Harkins
I love this story, eventhough I feel that there isn't much empahsis put on the romance Between Summer and Gabe. I feel in love with Sophy and Audra from the moment they were introduced! Christina Skye is an amazing writer!
Linda
This was a good book with lots of action and romance. It actually sucked me in pretty good towards the end and I didn't put it down when I should have so I could get some sleep, always the sign of a good book.
Kristen Roberts
Love this series.. the kick butt tough girl with some hot romance... and my favorite.. solving some crime or series of crimes - keeping you on your toes.
Michelle
I enjoyed this book. Great plot and I was really surprised to discover who the villain was. I plan to read other books written by this author.
Allison
I would recommend this series as a read-alike for Suzanne Brockmann, but with a slightly lighter and more humorous tone.
Sara
An FBI agent hooks up with a Navy SEAL to protect a family from a criminal, only to find they're madly in love with one another.
Lindsey
This is actually Book #1 of the Code Name series. This was a really good book and was fun to read!!! :)
Jill
Pretty good - I read this out of order, so I already saw them as a couple in the later books.
Cute. Not the best book I have ever read, but it was very enjoyable. And I love that Izzy was back!
Tammy
Uhg. This book. I thought I liked the last one of her books that I read. But this was just-- Uhg.
Sheri
I wish it had more action... but overall very good
Ana
What can I say... I like a good beach read.
Ruth Ellen

Great book and funny.
Beth Barany
I'm enjoying this! Fun!
Nikkishay
love it
  • Crazy Wild (Steele Street, #3)
  • When She's Bad (Sisters Trilogy, #2)
  • And Then He Kissed Me
  • Don't Let Go (SEAL Team 12, #5)
  • SEALed with a Promise (SEALed, #2)
  • Tall, Dark And Dangerous (Tall, Dark and Dangerous, #1-2)
  • In Too Deep (T-FLAC, #4)
  • Getting Lucky (Marine, #2)
  • Man at Work
  • Deal With This (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #7) (Goddard Project, #2)
  • Be My Baby Tonight (The Trehan Brothers, #2)
  • Must Love Mistletoe (Holidays, #1)
  • No Safe Place
AKA Roberta Helmer

Roberta Helmer is an American writer of Chinese art and culture and as Christina Skye is a best-selling USA Today and Publishers Weekly writer of over 23 romance novels. Her romance book have been traslated into 8 languages.

Roberta Helmer was born in Dayton, Ohio, U.S.A., an is a descendant of Revolutionary War hero Adam Helmer. She attended the University of Pennsylvania and ob...more
More about Christina Skye...
Code Name: Baby (SEAL and Code Name, #7) Code Name: Princess (SEAL and Code Name, #6) Going Overboard (SEAL and Code Name, #2) Code Name: Bikini (SEAL and Code Name, #9) The Accidental Bride (Summer Island #2)