Start by marking “The Lost And Found” as Want to Read:
The Lost And Found

The Lost And Found

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  86 ratings  ·  13 reviews
When Wendell, Floyd, and Mona search through the lost-and-found bin, they are sucked into a deep cave filled with all kinds of lost items, including mummies and dinosaur bones. Will they ever find Mona's lucky hat and make it safely back to school? Full color.
Published May 1st 2001 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about The Lost And Found, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lost And Found

Amy
Lost and Found was kind of an interesting book. The story was creative, events were unexpected, and there was a real sense of adventure that blossomed through the text and pictures on the initial pages of this book. My niece and nephew had just been fed and had just had ice cream, so their energy levels were high, but this book caught their attention right away and they sat quietly and listened to it. So the beginning was good.

But it kind of felt like direction was lost about halfway through the
Sarah Sammis
I know Mark Teague's work through his collaboration with Jane Yolen on the How Do Dinosaurs? series. So when I saw The Lost and Found written and illustrated by Mark Teague, I snatched the book up to add to our collection.

In The Lost and Found, Mark Teague creates a wonderful alternate world where all the lost and found things go. The way into this magical world is, of course, through the lost and found bin. Thematically then, Teague's book is like Attic of the Wind except less sappy.

The story f
Dolly
Oct 17, 2012 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This book offers a humorous and entertaining look at school lost and founds as well as friendship. I know that the lost and found at our girls' elementary school is huge by the end of the school year, with innumerable coats, gloves, lunchboxes, hats, etc.

We enjoyed reading this fantastic story about children going on a journey to discover a missing hat and coming back as good friends. The ending is entertaining and we loved the colorful illustrations, too.
Emily
This story was interesting and I never really knew what was coming next. This could be used to teach that predictions can be wring and the story still be good. Also, when teaching students to you their imagination-such as a never ending Lost and Found box.
Pat Fromm
My wife really enjoyed the trip, and it was not what she expected.
Hannah
PB 23
This is a great story about the power of imagination. This book also has a lot of opportunities for creative writing opportunities. The art in this story is also really good and illustrates children very well. The characters are appropriate for the story, and I think a lot of kids would like this story.
Janae
I love Mark Teague illustrations and this is a fun story about being lost and found in the Lost and Found. I like the trio of characters Mona, Floyd and Wendell who are also found in One Halloween Night. The boys are in Secret Shortcut which is my favorite Teague story.
Jessica Bennett
These characters definitely use their imagination as they fall into the lost and found bin and go on an adventure! There is a good example of a problem/solution evident in the book for the students to figure out as well.
Mark Teague has beautiful illustrations and imaginative, entertaining plots. He should be far better known than he is.
Abby Clark
Used for a writing mini lesson about being descriptive and imaginative in writing.
Michelle
A fun book that I would recommend as a Kindergarten to Second grade read aloud
Jim
perfect book to read on friday the 13th
Tiff
WHY must this be out of print??

Ryan Winterbower
Ryan Winterbower marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2015
Small Wonders
Small Wonders marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
John
John marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Monica
Monica added it
Nov 19, 2014
Tod
Tod added it
Oct 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Mark Teague has delighted young readers with more than 20 picture books, and he has written many of them himself, including the popular Pigsty, Baby Tamer, and One Halloween Night. He is also the illustrator of Cynthia Rylant's beloved Poppleton series for beginning readers and the best-selling books by Jane Yolen, How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight and How Do Dinosaurs Get Well Soon.

Mark Teague's lif
More about Mark Teague...
Dear Mrs. LaRue: Letters from Obedience School Pigsty The Three Little Pigs and the Somewhat Bad Wolf Detective LaRue: Letters from the Investigation How I Spent My Summer Vacation