Start by marking “Treasury of American Tall Tales: Volume 1: Davy Crockett, Rip Van Winkle, Johnny Appleseed, Paul Bunyan (Rabbit Ears)” as Want to Read:

3.91  ·  Rating Details  ·  22 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
The Rabbit Ears Treasury of American Tall Tales features the larger-than-life characters of America's favorite folk stories--read by your favorite stars and featuring original music by some of today's greatest artists.

Davy Crockett
Read by Nicolas Cage
Original Music by David Bromberg
Follow the escapades of America's ultimate backwoods hero as he travels the frontier in his
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published August 22nd 2006 by Listening Library (Audio)

To ask other readers questions about Treasury of American Tall Tales, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Treasury of American Tall Tales

Joanna
Aug 21, 2008 Joanna rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
This collection of Tall Tales produced by Rabbit Ears was quite entertaining. Mixed bag though on the stories.

Johnny Appleseed:
Wow, it's news to me that ole Johnny was promised "three angel-brides in Heaven" for remaining "pure" while on earth. This bit of Americana disturbs me. The story itself meandered in Garrison Keiller's gently mournful tones, and I must say I used to like Mr Appleseed more when I knew less of his story.

Paul Bunyan:
So fun! And no awkward revelations!

Davy Crockett:
Absolute
Relyn
Apr 20, 2012 Relyn rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: teachers, parents, kids
Recommended to Relyn by: Family Fun magazine
Shelves: audiobooks
This is an absolutely remarkable production. I just love Rabbit Ears. Wonderful!
Chrystal Phillips
Jan 12, 2016 Chrystal Phillips rated it it was amazing
I remember both stories fondly from childhood & immensely enjoyed revisiting them as an adult. Bonus added that the audiobook has Garrison Keillor and Angelica Huston reading the stories. Great nostalgic factor and just good stories! I'll be introducing them to my kids!
Renee Brown
Jan 15, 2016 Renee Brown rated it really liked it
Well-narrated collection of American tall tales; Paul Bunyan, Davy Crockett, Rip Van Winkle, Johhny Appleseed
Renee
May 29, 2008 Renee rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 3rd-5th
Johnny Appleseed is read by Garrison Keillor whose voice fit the mood of the story. Rip Van Winkle is read by Angelica Huston and it was enjoyable to listen to her tell the story.
Both stories had music at the beginning and the end of the stories which aided the tone of the stories.

Note: The edition that I listened to has Johnny Appleseed and Rip Van Winkle.

No Reviews found.
Tyson Baker
Sep 25, 2013 Tyson Baker rated it really liked it
Paul Bunyan was my very favorite because there was a joke "let there beards grow down to their feet so they can knit socks."
Amy
Jan 23, 2013 Amy rated it liked it
Recommended to Amy by: Family Fun Magazine
3.5 stars.
Brian Morris
Brian Morris marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2015
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2015
Grace
Grace marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2015
Kim T.
Kim T. marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2015
Brent
Brent marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2016
Chris
Chris rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2015
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Dicie A. Palmer
Dicie A. Palmer marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Sara
Sara rated it really liked it
May 22, 2015
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Marti
Marti rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2014
Happy  Smiles
Happy Smiles marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
James
James marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2013
Liz
Liz rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2013
Meilina Moore
Meilina Moore marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2013
Kenneth L.stieghorst
Kenneth L.stieghorst marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2013
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2012
Rufferington Library
Rufferington Library marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2011
Atticus
Atticus marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2011
Rabbit Ears Entertainment, LLC is an entertainment company committed to the creation of family programming that reflects a deep respect for the intelligence and sense of humor of today’s audiences. Our classic children’s stories are brought to life by the world’s most respected narrators, musicians, and illustrators. Narrated by Hollywood’s top celebrities, scored by renowned musicians, and illust ...more
More about Rabbit Ears...