Start by marking “Lucy Springer Gets Even” as Want to Read:
Lucy Springer Gets Even

Lucy Springer Gets Even

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Lucy Springer thinks she's got it tough. She's living through renovation hell, her two kids seem more challenging than ever, and her once successful acting career has been reduced to the odd commercial. Then Max, her husband, absconds to Bali with an unknown companion and things go from bad to disastrous. But Lucy doesn't give up easily. Juggling increasingly chaotic build ...more
Published January 1st 2009 by Allen & Unwin (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Lucy Springer Gets Even, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucy Springer Gets Even

Leah
Lucy Springer’s life is falling apart. Her career as an actress has fallen to the wayside, her children are incredibly challenging and she’s living through renovation hell. Oh – and then her husband, Max, walks out on her and goes to Bali. After a lot of crying and even more wine-drinking, Lucy decides it’s time to get her life back on track and sets about doing exactly that. Trouble is, can she manage it?

Lucy Springer Gets Even is Lisa Heidke’s debut novel. The cover isn’t too inspiring but the
Suzanne (Chick with Books) Yester
Lucy Springer Gets Even by Lisa Heidke is pure Chick Lit! Lucy's acting career has been on permanent standby for a while (although there was the infamous broccoli commercial...), her love life just turned upside down, with her husband taking off to parts unknown without so much as a goodbye, and if that weren't bad enough, she has no kitchen, and the house is a disaster as it's in major renovations with workers who enjoy a good cup of coffee more than swinging a hammer. What's a girl to do? Call ...more
Proud Book Nerd
What a fun read! I really enjoyed reading Lucy's story. I loved her personality, her sarcasm, her realness. I HATED Max. What a jerk! And all the talk of Alana being "fragile" – whatever.

I thought the characters were all very real. From Lucy's insecurity to the moms' lunch dates at which they all gossip about who isn't there. Gloria drove me nuts, though. Why is she Lucy's best friend? She doesn't respect Lucy at all. I don't get it. And Dom – I wanna know what happens with that. I was very dis
Jaime
Lisa Heidke has written a fun, diary-style novel that will having you smiling, laughing and shaking your head over everything Lucy Springer has to deal with. Can she sort it all out in just sixty-four days?

Lucy Springer is far from perfect, but those very things make her an incredibly loveable character. She takes things in stride, and I love that she never becomes vengeful or sour with the world even when it seems she’s getting it from every angle. She deals with things a lot better than I woul
Paula
Sep 04, 2008 Paula rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: chick lit fans who like intelligence & fun
Recommended to Paula by: NTB
Shelves: 2008-reads
This book tured up yesterday in NTB and I had to take it home. Laughed myself stupid at a couple of points - and loved how relevant to the climate/lifestyle/moments of Australasian mothers - and our classic DIY-oops-Get-the-Professionals-In husbands and partners that we have.

And Bali! Been there, done that - I'm sure Lisa was staying at the same hotel as we did!
Selena Hanet-Hutchins
Jul 14, 2010 Selena Hanet-Hutchins rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: any woman suffering a renovation and a family
Lisa Heidke's voice is warm and inclusive, as if the whole story is revealed over a few drinks with girlfriends. The action is engaging and the story has some unexpected twists. Lucy is full of one-liners I wish I'd thought of, but not as forced as some other writers in the genre.
K
I really enjoyed this chick-lit, especially since I was familar with all the areas.

I found it nicely paced and not too sappy, as so many of the genre are.
Suzie
A fun read. I'd definitely recommend it for women who like to read intelligent chick-lit. Pity about the cover though.
Ms_MotorbikeNut
Very funny book was laughing out at every page
Cathy
Well-written, this was a great read.
Emespre
I'm conflicted over this book. I wouldn't have ever looked twice at it if my best friend hadn't given it to me along with a book that she knew that I'd like, but I definitely enjoyed reading it. The characters, such as the workmen, were interesting. It was also a nice surprise to find the story set in Sydney; I don't really think about where books are set when I start reading them, but if I do ever think about location I assume America unless stated otherwise. The characterisation of Max and two ...more
Carla Caruso
This is vintage chick-lit! Published in 2009, I wanted to try another of Lisa Heidke's novels, with her being an Aussie women's fiction author. And this book was just so much fun.

Lucy Springer is an ageing, fading soap star, she's living in renovation hell, has two whining kids, and her horrible hubby has just absconded to Bali with an "unknown companion".

There are a lot of (highly original) laughs along the way, though there's a hint of sadness underlying it all - as with all good comedy. The
Melanie
it was okay
i didnt like it
but i didnt hate it
mixed feelings
i guess this book isnt suited to my age
so thats what im making it come to
good for older readers
Wendy
Apr 02, 2009 Wendy marked it as to-read
A Goodreads First Reads book. Arrived this morning, looks interesting. Have also registered it on bookcrossing and will share it at our monthly meetup after I read it.
Reagan
Apr 08, 2009 Reagan rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: own, won
i received this book through goodread's first reads.

very enjoyable. cute story, well written, engrossing.
Kellie Van
Not the new jodi picoult as touted by angus and Robertson but an amusing read nonetheless!
Jennifer Mathis
Jennifer Mathis marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Judy Nickless
Judy Nickless marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Lianne
Lianne added it
Jul 20, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Thewalkinglexicon
Thewalkinglexicon marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Josephine Anne
Josephine Anne marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
After growing up in Brisbane, I ran away to Sydney, via London, and worked in book and magazine publishing. After many years living in the inner west, I was surprised one morning to wake up and find myself married with three children and living on the North Shore.

I’m not one of those people who’ve always wanted to write a novel...okay, I am one of those people. But it wasn’t until a few years ago
More about Lisa Heidke...
Stella Makes Good What Kate Did Next Claudia's Big Break It Started with a Kiss