Start by marking “Take Me, Take Me With You” as Want to Read:
Take Me, Take Me With You

Take Me, Take Me With You

2.76 of 5 stars 2.76  ·  rating details  ·  105 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Lauren Kelly, with amazing power and authority, explores the secret kinship of "soul mates," in a mysterious and demonic love story.

Lara Quade, a disaffected intellectual associated with a prominent Princeton research center, is a young woman whose physical beauty has been scarred in a childhood accident. She is jarred out of the routine of her life by a seemingly chance m
Published July 5th 2005 by Harper Paperbacks (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Take Me, Take Me With You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Take Me, Take Me With You

David
This could have been one of the best books that I had in a long time if the plot simply wasn’t mediocre. For there were a lot of emotions surging through every page of this book that the author herself was able to put them in ways that was both admirable and audacious. Take me, Take me with you by Lauren Kelly simply was bold, suspenseful, and thrilling as was topped with a careful touch of romance, eroticism and an ending that was both bittersweet and heartwarming.

The story mainly revolved aro
Anna Janelle
I'll preface this by saying that I picked this book up at a used book sale held by a church in my hometown. On the last day of the sale, they have a ridiculous deal where you pay $3.00 for all the books you can stuff into a bag. (Coincidentally, I paid $15 for 48 books - 27 of them hardbacks in near new condition - mind-blowing stuff here). Because the books are so cheap, I get a bit grabby and end up choosing books I wouldn't normally purchase at full price. This is one of those books.

It's writ
Nancy
Feb 12, 2014 Nancy rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
I didn't see "Joyce Carol Oates writing as" on the cover until after I'd started the book, and then I thought, "oh." The stories of hers that I've read are too disturbing, almost always with women as semi-complicit victims of violent men. That theme is in this novel as well. It did keep me turning the pages, but the ending was unsatisfying in every way. Also the reveal was obvious to me all along - maybe it was meant to be, but I couldn't tell.
Ryandake
Take Me, Take Me with You is a creepy creepy read. very well done creepiness, as you'd expect from Joyce Carol Oates (writing under a pseudonym here as Lauren Kelly).

it's the sort of book that, if you grew up in a violent, booze-soaked household, might cause you to dive for whatever you use to self-medicate.

approach with caution. it's a good 'un, but don't be hoping for a sunny, redemptive ending.
Michele Folmar
Very dark, and suspenseful in moments. The book kept me interested from the moment I saw the cover. It was simply intriguing. The story is just so original, and I liked that. The dialogue and interaction between the main character and the mystery man, don't want to spoil anything, but I just want to say that it was very real. Very exposed. The feelings brought up in this book aren't for the light-hearted. It was a weird experience too in some moments. But of course I didn't expect anything less ...more
Christi
Author Lauren Kelly is Joyce Carol Oates. I really could not tell from this book that they were one in the same. I'm not that fond of JC Oates' writing a lot of the time, but really loved this book. Mysterious, dark and a little sick, this book pulled me in and I was totally engrossed from page 1 to the end.
Katie
I kept feeling like I had read this book before. Either it's similar to a book I've already read, or I started reading it and it wasn't memorable enough to remember that I already read it. Very weird.
Paulette Ponte
Typical Joyce Carol Oates book. Typical of me to love it. Not for everyone but very intense with Oates' usual grown up adults looking for answers about their families.
Fabulous first chapter. All down hill from there. Probably not worth reading unless you're substituting for a James Patterson book. Maybe not even then.
Alice
Very similar to her writings as Joyce Carol Oates. A little confused as to why she writes under the two different names. Albeit a decent read.
Rebekkila
Oct 29, 2012 Rebekkila marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Louvaine
Felt rushed; kind of strung-along story about a woman coming to terms with her mother and her past. So-so, mediocre book.
Christina
Dec 07, 2010 Christina marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: partially-read
I didn't get to finish this one because my sister stole it from me on the plane... plan to finish.
t m
Disappointing. The story was interesting, to a point, but ultimately, went pretty much nowhere.
Lynne
Not much plot. Could have been further developed.
Daniel
Interesting, bizarre characters. Cool ending.
Christy Jones
Christy Jones marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Michelle Talbo
Michelle Talbo marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
D
D marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Glebert
Glebert marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Kristine
Kristine marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Lauren Kelly is one of the pseudonyms used by Joyce Carol Oates.

More about Lauren Kelly...
Blood Mask: A Novel of Suspense The Stolen Heart: A Novel of Suspense The Everything Wheat-Free Diet Cookbook: Simple, Healthy Recipes for Your Wheat-Free Lifestyle The Greek Yogurt Cookbook: Includes Over 125 Delicious, Nutritious Greek Yogurt Recipes Blood Mask