Start by marking “The Courtship Dance (The Matchmaker #4)” as Want to Read:
The Courtship Dance (The Matchmaker #4)

The Courtship Dance (The Matchmaker #4)

4.01  ·  Rating Details ·  2,013 Ratings  ·  93 Reviews
Lady Francesca Haughston had given up on romance for herself, finding passion instead in making desirable matches for others. So it seemed only fair, when she learned she had been deceived into breaking her own long-ago engagement to Sinclair, Duke of Rochford, that she now help him find the perfect wife.Of course, Francesca was certain any spark of passion between them ...more
Published February 1st 2009 by Harlequin Books (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Courtship Dance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Courtship Dance

Romancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia QuinnSeduce Me at Sunrise by Lisa KleypasScandal in Spring by Lisa KleypasNine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLeanWhen He Was Wicked by Julia Quinn
"I've Loved You for Years."
71st out of 809 books — 982 voters
The Duke and I by Julia QuinnA Kingdom of Dreams by Judith McNaughtWhitney, My Love by Judith McNaughtSomething Wonderful by Judith McNaughtAlmost Heaven by Judith McNaught
Dukes... Bring 'em on!
58th out of 340 books — 659 voters

More lists with this book...

ᴥ Irena ᴥ
Jul 14, 2016 ᴥ Irena ᴥ rated it really liked it
I was browsing through historical romances I've read so far and I noticed I've never written anything about this book even though I loved it. No, I haven't read it again and this isn't a bumped review, but I still remember almost all of it.
The main theme of The Courtship Dance is a misunderstanding between the two main characters in the past. Sometime after that moment, the heroine found out the truth and now wants to make amends. Another is past love rekindled.
It is sad and wonderful at the s
Ivana Azap Feješ
Jan 23, 2016 Ivana Azap Feješ rated it it was amazing
The story reveals the facts around Francesca and Sinclair’s engagement fifteen years previous, but also heavily revolves around the financial situation which her late husband left her in. Sinclair is the strong, silent type of hero who doesn’t wear his heart on his sleeve.
Nihan
Mar 25, 2013 Nihan rated it it was amazing
İkinci ve üçüncü kitabı sırf Dük ve Francesca'nın kitabını okuyabileyim diye okudum sayılır:D Nitekim beklentilerim boşa çıkmadı. Çoook güzel ve samimi bir öyküydü, bayıldım, bayıldım.

Neredeyse çocukluklarından beri birbirlerine aşık olan çiftimiz, Francesca on sekiz yaşındayken kevaşenin biri tarafından oyuna geliyor. Senelerini birbirinden ayrı geçiriyorlar ve Francesca gidip hödüğün biriyle evleniyor. Adamı sevmediği için ona yakınlaşamıyor ve adam onu soğuk olmakla suçluyor. Bu da Francesca'
D.L.
Jan 04, 2010 D.L. rated it really liked it
I am the type of person who grows attached to characters who reappear throughout a series. The Matchmakers series focuses on Francesca’s ability to help girls navigate the season and bring couples together, as well as her tense relationship with Sinclair, the Duke of Rochford. So I was glad to finally read their story. I don’t think it was the best in the series, but because I had come to like Francesca’s character so much I think that boosted my enjoyment of the book.

The story reveals the fac
Sophie ♥
“I thought that I would have to pay a great price for these. I feared you might have sold it somewhere else. The other day, when I saw you wearing it and my earrings…why did you not sell them?”
“I could not sell those,” she told him, her unshed tears shining like jewels in her eyes. “They were all I had of you.”
“Oh, my love.” He pulled her to him, hugging her fiercely. “Now you have all of me. You always shall.”

Harlequin Books
"This was a great closure to this series. Lady Haughston had spent so much time finding husbands for others that it was her turn to find happiness." from an eHarlequin.com community member review, read more HERE!
Dec 20, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing
I FELL IN LOVE WITH THIS BOOK!!

Francesca, our heroine, has something to get off her chest. In walks our wonderfully solid, handsome, steadfast hero, who was Francesca's earlier fiance.....now one of her closest male friends, Rochford.

She's been avoiding him for some time now and it's a bit of a mystery to him, until she awkwardly blurts out how sorry she was to have misjudged him and broke of the engagement......wait, what.

Francesa, now a widower who is on the edge of poverty now turns her grace
Ashley S.
Sep 03, 2010 Ashley S. rated it it was amazing
I love the story of these two character's. It seemed that half of the ton was against their love. And some even went above and beyond to break them apart. And they had won...but when love is meant to be, it always finds it's way back it. And that's what happened in The Courtship Dance. I think when you really understand it you'll want to read it over and over agin, just for the fun and enjoyment of it.
Yumru
Jun 07, 2014 Yumru rated it really liked it
Başlarda sıkıldım ama ilerledikçe güzelleşti.Gerçi dükümüz sayesinde oda
Kelsey
Jan 03, 2011 Kelsey rated it really liked it
Lady Francesca Haughston has had to help the ladies/gentlemen of the ton find their husbands/wives just to make ends meet since her husband has died and left her in debt. One person that she truly wants to help is Sinclair, Duke of Rochford to make up for breaking of their engagement when she was very young. Her and Sinclair have always remained friends but deep down she is still in love with him. The chemistry between the two is off the charts! Sinclair gives in and agrees to the plan (but only ...more
Megan
Feb 27, 2009 Megan rated it it was amazing
A fine end to this quartet. The relationship between Francesca and the Duke has been building gradually over the first three books, and it was very satisfying to finally learn the extent of their past history, and to see all of their misunderstandings happily resolved.

Courtship Dance is my favorite of the set after The Bridal Quest. Both of these novels have stronger dramatic content and heroines with compelling internal conflict, whereas The Marriage Wager and The Wedding Challenge, while enter
Lexie
Jun 24, 2010 Lexie rated it really liked it
Camp’s writing has always held my interest. Not only is her writing clever with some of the conventional tropes of the romance genre, but by in large I enjoy her romantic leads. THE COURTSHIP DANCE, the fourth book in the Matchmakers series, is no exception. Readers of the series will recognize the leads, Francesca and Sinclair, from previous books and that the two of them have a history beyond that of the close friendship they feel now.

Francesca and Sinclair’s courtship is fraught with the usua
Linda
Mar 09, 2012 Linda rated it it was amazing
This is my first exposure to this author. I liked the series well enough midway through to return the books to the library and purchase all four of them at a used book store. It's a first rate series.

Very interesting to have an American writer penning things from England's Regency era. I think her characters are more down to earth. We have estates in peril from poor financial management and are given ideas on how the happy couple at the end of the books will be righting things. For the most part
Oct 11, 2010 Sarah rated it really liked it
I love how it is so obvious to us readers that he is courting her yet she is so oblivious. It was cute and funny. Her confusion over certain situations or her jealousy (misplaced) made for some entertaining scenes. It was a very straight forward story with no mystery behind it, but it was really well done. I can almost imagine that they are real people that I am reading about not some over done, simply unbelievable pair of super-humanly gorgeous people. Her shock when he says he loves her then ...more
Amanda
May 24, 2010 Amanda rated it liked it
Jill Hughey
Mar 17, 2012 Jill Hughey rated it really liked it
I was so glad to finally read the romance of the very restrained duke and the love of his life. This is a wonderful book, and a much more realistic story than most historical romances because of the length of time these two have taken to finally come together and the personal quirks that have held them apart.
Channell Daniels
My fav Duck and Dutchess Sinclair and Francesca

Though I loved all the couples .i am so glad that Sinclar was able to have it all . He so deserved it. Ty for this storyline . I was on pins and needle worried that Perer Stank was gonna get his way. That was real scary,rape is a horrible experience. Ty for coving it.
Esra
Jul 04, 2014 Esra rated it it was amazing
Merakla beklediğim Francesca ve Sinclair'in kitabı beni hayal kırıklığına uğratmadı.. Bayıldım..
Francesca kendisini affettirmek için Sinclair'a bir gelin bulmaya çalışıyor ve Sinclair da bunu kabul ediyor.. Ama tek bir amacı var Francesca ile daha çok vakit geçirip, gizliden gizliye ona kur yapmak..
Songül
May 25, 2014 Songül rated it it was amazing
Beklediğime değen bir kitap oldu :) Rockfourd sen nasıl birşey sin böyle :))
Nihawmi
Jul 14, 2014 Nihawmi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Başlarda sıkıldım ama guzel bur sondu :)
Paula
Nov 14, 2016 Paula rated it it was amazing
Sem dúvida que amei este livro e o Duque era um homem delicioso.
HÜLYA
May 17, 2014 HÜLYA rated it it was amazing
Cris
Sep 23, 2013 Cris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historicos, regencia
Esse livro fechou com chave de ouro cravejada de diamantes a série Cupidos!

Deus do céu, que livro bom! Eu li como se estivesse devorando uma panela de brigadeiro, era uma página atras da outra sem me cansar! Só demorei 2 dias pra terminar de ler porque precisava ir trabalhar e dormir, senão dava conta dessas 400 páginas no mesmo dia! Kkkkkk

Nós sabemos das dificuldades da Francesca desde os outros livros, então não é novidade os exercícios de acrobacia que ela faz para se manter na sociedade e no
Talulah Mankiller
Sep 08, 2010 Talulah Mankiller rated it it was ok
So y’all wanted me to read a Regency Romance. Here it is. It’s thoroughly forgettable, although it does allow me to add a few cliches to my Dead Gay List: the Feckless Gamester (the heroine’s former husband gambled everything they owned, including her honor! Okay, in this book she’s just in danger of losing her house, but sometimes he totally sells her hot body). Also, The Great Sexual Awakening: the Heroine had an unhappy marriage in which no one seemed to own a copy of The Joy of Sex. So now ...more
Rosa
Jan 18, 2016 Rosa rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
Oh dear. Two stars is maybe a bit harsh, but I had so been looking forward to this book (and the couple) that not liking it was a huge letdown.

To be clear: the first 200 pages are 4 to 5 star material. It's witty and hilarious and wonderful, and so are the leads. Francesca, especially, and her struggle with money is deeply engaging. And what I love about Candace Camp's books is that the overarching issue isn't drawn out the way you'd expect, secrets you'd expect to cause contrived strife are blu
Beachreader
Jun 12, 2016 Beachreader rated it liked it
3.5 stars. The love story of Francesca and Sinclair, the Duke, was dangling over the reader's head through the first 3 books of the series. Finally in book 4, we are told the entire story from the perspective of both parties. However even though the third person voice is used throughout this series, the author does not really give as much insight into what the male protagonists feel or think. The women are much better developed.

The storyline for book 4 is mostly good. But at about the 90 percent
Alexandria Tale
Sinclair was just... awesome! His loyalty was topnotch. He did everything in his power to help her, even when he thought she loved another. He did that in silence, grieving he couldn't help her upfront because he didn't have the rights to do that.

Meanwhile, Francesca was just as awesome (though not so much as Sinclair). She was strong, not in physical but in mentality. She barely scraped by after her husband died, leaving her with nothing but debts. She used her wit to help ladies/gentlemen made
Rebeca Figueiredo
Jun 14, 2015 Rebeca Figueiredo marked it as dnf

"I suppose that you have brought women of a certain sort here before.”

“Not here,” he replied simply.

Strangely, she felt warmed by his answer. Rochford was not the sort of man who would dishonor his house, his family or his wife in any way. He would not conduct casual affairs in the home that had been his parents’, and that would someday be his wife’s and children’s.

i CANT stand slut shaming, what idiot, at one point she considers herself to be inferior to other women for not enjoying sex (as
cecilia
Apr 11, 2009 cecilia rated it really liked it
Underneath that burning tension waiting to explode into wonderful bliss, Francesca and Sinclair have a deep-rooted friendship and understanding of each other that never went away despite their broken engagement.

While it was an enjoyable romp, I had been hoping for a little bit more in the story. Sinclair does spend time with the candidates that Francesca chooses, and she does get jealous - but I do not think Candace Camp spent a lot of time on fully developing this conflict. I would have liked t
Amanda
May 04, 2009 Amanda rated it liked it
I was very excited to finally get to read the last book of this series. Francesca, the heroine, is a fascinating character that I adored from the first book.

Her relationship with the Duke of Rochford (Sinclair) is hinted at through out the whole series, and it was great to finally get to the bottom of their history. And what a history is was....

I love both of these characters. Especially the Duke. He's everything that you could want in a hero. While he isn't your typical 'rake' he was still ver
  • Never Trust a Scoundrel (Sons of Scandal, #1)
  • Secret Desires of a Gentleman (Girl Bachelors, #3)
  • A Lady's Guide to Improper Behavior (Adventurers’ Club #2)
  • Tempted All Night (Neville Family, #4)
  • How to Seduce a Duke (Royle Sisters, #1)
  • Dangerous in Diamonds (The Rarest Blooms, #4)
  • The Love Affair of an English Lord (Boscastle, #2)
  • Don't Tempt Me (Fallen Women, #2)
  • A Matter of Temptation (Lost Lords, #2)
  • Lessons From a Scarlet Lady (Northfield, #1)
  • After Dark with a Scoundrel (Lords of Vice, #3)
  • Desire (Notorious, #3)
  • Seducing an Angel (Huxtable Quintet, #4)
Candace Camp is the New York Times bestselling author of over sixty books.

Her first novel, *Bonds of Love*, was published by Jove Publishing in 1978, under the pseudonym Lisa Gregory. Two pseudonyms (Kristin James and Sharon Stephens)and many books later, Candace writes under her own name Candace Camp and still loves creating stories.

Candace lives in Austin, Texas, with her husband and is the mot
More about Candace Camp...

The Matchmaker (4 books)
  • The Marriage Wager (The Matchmaker #1)
  • The Bridal Quest (The Matchmaker #2)
  • The Wedding Challenge (The Matchmaker #3)

“Love makes fools of us all, I fear.” 0 likes