Start by marking “Boo, Bunny!” as Want to Read:
Boo, Bunny!

Boo, Bunny!

3.41  ·  Rating Details  ·  206 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
"Eeek ""Squeak "Halloween can be especially spooky for a shy bunny. But when that shy bunny bumps into another shy bunny, friendship scares away fear. Once they join forces, not even the darkest night can stop them two brave bunnies from having the best Halloween ever. Full of sounds, spookiness, and sweetness, this dynamic picture book celebrates the best part of Hallowee ...more
Published September 1st 2008 by Harcourt (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Boo, Bunny!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boo, Bunny!

KMC
May 22, 2009 KMC rated it liked it
This manages to be cute and spooky at the same time. The pig in the story kind of unintentionally creeped me out. Would be good for a baby/toddler storytime.
I had a lot of fun engaging with my 3-5 year-old students over this book. We asked questionsnat the end of each PGE: 1) How do they feel? 2) What are they doing? 3) What did the bunnies get when the went trick a or a treating? What do you get when you go trick a or a treating? 4) Was the house really haunted? They like making sound effects when the door creaked open. We talked about Halloween costumes. I liked that even though they haread it earlier in the week, most of them still wanted to read ...more
Amanda Harris
Sep 29, 2010 Amanda Harris rated it really liked it
Two little bunnies in halloween outfits meet in the dark night, just about scaring each other to death when they realize that they are both just bunnies! They shyly walk up to a house together "tap, tap, tap." on a big door and wait for a treat. "CREAK! The door opens wide." What happens next? You'll have to read and find out!

I thought this picture book was very, very cute! If you have little ones who are trick-or-treating this year and you want to find a good book to read...this would be a grea
Whole And
Jul 27, 2015 Whole And rated it liked it
Cute and light Halloween story of two brave bunnies going trick or treating on a scary night. Can be used as an early reader as well.
Elizabeth K.
Oct 09, 2012 Elizabeth K. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-lucy
Both Lu and I liked this, the story is two bunnies who are initially scared of going out on Halloween, but then get into the spirit of the thing.

It was funny to see that it was a bit of a challenge for her, and took more than a few rereads, to get that it was a BUNNY dressed up in a BEE COSTUME. (I'm not really sure what the other bunny was dressed up as, but I kept calling it the Green Lantern).

There is something about these illustrations that I find simply charming, maybe it is the details of
Niki Stacey
Aug 20, 2015 Niki Stacey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Poppy loves bunnies and I'm pretty sure she'll love Halloween just like me.
Cosette
Apr 27, 2015 Cosette rated it did not like it
Pictures are amazing.
Ina
Oct 16, 2012 Ina rated it it was amazing
Shelves: storytime-reads
This is a beautifully illustrated fun to read-aloud book. There are lots of scary shadows, great sound words in the text and two very cute, very scared fuzzy bunnies that my storytime audience loved. They hung on every word of the simple text and were captivated by the illustrations. The message, that life is much less scary and much more fun comes through loud and clear when you have "a paw to hold" came through loud and clear and everyone was smiling at our two brave bunnies when I closed the ...more
Kristin Miller
Two bunny's are out on Halloween to go trick or treating but they are scared. Then they learn there is nothing to be scared of and enjoy trick or treating.

I liked this book. I would use it in my classroom during Halloween time. I would like this book on my bookshelf for my students because its a easier read and its a fun book that I feel they would enjoy.
Brittiny
Jul 15, 2015 Brittiny rated it did not like it
Boo, Bunny! by Kathryn O. Galbraith is under poetry. This is the story of a bunny that wants to go trick-or-treating, but it scared of everything. And then the bunny makes a friend out of nowhere, gets candy, and goes home. I did not find a point to the story. And I do not understand why it has to be scary. Is it trying to teach kids to be scared of the dark? If I was to use this to teach, I would point out the words. They rhymed and stayed in rhythm easily. It amde it easier to read the book.
C. David Maxey
Oct 07, 2012 C. David Maxey rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
"One silver moon.
Two paws held tight.
Two brave bunnies.
One Halloween night."

This picture book has beautiful illustrations and a rhyming story of two brave bunnies. I appreciate the story's emphasis on the bunnies' brave actions, despite their apprehension about Halloween. In a story about bunnies, the characters really don't need to be gendered, and I'm glad the author thinks so too.
Kristin
Aug 06, 2009 Kristin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: toddler
The contrast of colors with black and other colors is amazing. I could look at the pictures and make up different stories each time. However, the story is helpful and provides for great verbal intonation and expression. This is a must have for Halloween. I'll be purchasing this book for sure.
Susan
A good Halloween book for the toddler set providing you have the dramatic skills to pull it off - no fear, the librarian who ILL'd it (as I happily read through her stash) "does good picture books" and runs a rollicking program.
Meredith
Who said that Halloween books have to be scary instead of cute? Boo, Bunny! features cartoon bunnies in Halloween costumes, and one is dressed like a bumblebee. Cute, cute, cute!
Melissa Dwyer
Nov 03, 2015 Melissa Dwyer rated it liked it
Originally rated G by Jacqueline Kimmel
Colorful illustrations and rhyming text encourage young listeners to join in. A good Halloween read aloud for young children.
Denise
Sep 17, 2008 Denise rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I love the illustrations in this book, they are beautiful! They also help set the mood as two bunnies muster up the courage to knock on a scary looking door for treats.
Meg McGregor
Sep 03, 2013 Meg McGregor rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-lexi
A very cute look at the eeeks, squeaks, books, and haunts of Halloween!

Sure to become a favorite for your little boo bunnies to hear over and over!
Kristin
Sep 04, 2008 Kristin rated it really liked it
This is a super-cute Halloween picture book for little ones. Adorable characters and vivid illustrations make this the Halloween picture book not to miss!
Karen Arendt
Jul 28, 2011 Karen Arendt rated it liked it
A bunny goes trick-or-treating and gets scared by strange sounds and shapes. Illustrated by Jeff Mack, a favorite of mine. For pre-K-Kdg.
Tara
Oct 08, 2008 Tara rated it it was amazing
An adorable Halloween book about two bunnies who go trick or treating! Everything scares them but they are very glad to have each other!
Carissa
"Easter bunnies trick-or-treating," was rolling around in my head reading this. Those are two holidays I would not mix.
Paula
Cute scary story where two bunnies meet. First scaring one another but then becoming friends and overcoming their fear.
Stacy
Oct 16, 2011 Stacy rated it did not like it
makes no sense at all. Yet another example of a holiday book that is poorly written and lacks any substance.
Andrea Wilkinson
Dec 04, 2012 Andrea Wilkinson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
Really short, cute, simple children's picture book with vibrant, fun illustrations and a simple story.
Tricia
Dec 26, 2008 Tricia rated it it was amazing
awesome alternative to the usual halloween stories. trick or treating bunnies are beyond adorable.
Melissa Shelley
Oct 19, 2009 Melissa Shelley rated it really liked it
A really cute book for first time trick-or-treaters! A preschool full of 2 year old LOVED it!
Peacegal
This is a nice little board book that nicely captures the scares and magic of Halloween night.
Powers Family
Oct 04, 2010 Powers Family rated it liked it
Simple cute Halloween tale (no bunny pun intended!) with engaging illustrations.
Jodie
Jul 24, 2012 Jodie rated it liked it
Easy read with colorful images on a dark background to get in the Halloween mood.
Briana
Jan 10, 2013 Briana rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Halloween Enthusiasts
1. Fear 2. Rabbits 3. Halloween 4. Stories in Rhyme

Not bad. Not great.
  • Little Goblins Ten
  • Pumpkin Trouble
  • Frankenstein
  • Where Is Baby's Pumpkin?
  • Ghosts in the House!
  • Scary, Scary Halloween
  • Ten Orange Pumpkins: A Counting Book
  • Plumply, Dumply Pumpkin
  • Kitty Cat, Kitty Cat, Are You Waking Up?
  • The Tree House
  • Pumpkin Heads
  • The Great Sheep Shenanigans
  • I Knew You Could!: A Book for All the Stops in Your Life
  • Penguins, Penguins, Everywhere!
  • Sergio Makes a Splash
  • Winnie-the-Pooh and Some Bees carousel book (Winnie-the-Pooh Carousel Book)
  • Happy Halloween, Little Critter!
  • Pumpkin Jack
Kathryn O. Galbraith is an award-winning children's book author with more than a dozen picture books to her credit, including Boo, Bunny!; Arbor Day Square; Traveling Babies; and Laura Charlotte. She teaches writing for children at the University of Washington.
More about Kathryn O. Galbraith...