Start by marking “Boo, Bunny!” as Want to Read:
Boo, Bunny!

Boo, Bunny!

3.41 of 5 stars 3.41  ·  rating details  ·  157 ratings  ·  31 reviews
"Eeek ""Squeak "Halloween can be especially spooky for a shy bunny. But when that shy bunny bumps into another shy bunny, friendship scares away fear. Once they join forces, not even the darkest night can stop them two brave bunnies from having the best Halloween ever. Full of sounds, spookiness, and sweetness, this dynamic picture book celebrates the best part of Hallowee...more
Published September 1st 2008 by Harcourt (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Boo, Bunny!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boo, Bunny!

Rachel Anne
Read this for Halloween to a whole bunch of girls my age and they thought it was great. We meant to read it to the little kids, but oh well! Best Halloween ever? I think so.
KMC
This manages to be cute and spooky at the same time. The pig in the story kind of unintentionally creeped me out. Would be good for a baby/toddler storytime.
Amanda Harris
Two little bunnies in halloween outfits meet in the dark night, just about scaring each other to death when they realize that they are both just bunnies! They shyly walk up to a house together "tap, tap, tap." on a big door and wait for a treat. "CREAK! The door opens wide." What happens next? You'll have to read and find out!

I thought this picture book was very, very cute! If you have little ones who are trick-or-treating this year and you want to find a good book to read...this would be a grea...more
Elizabeth K.
Both Lu and I liked this, the story is two bunnies who are initially scared of going out on Halloween, but then get into the spirit of the thing.

It was funny to see that it was a bit of a challenge for her, and took more than a few rereads, to get that it was a BUNNY dressed up in a BEE COSTUME. (I'm not really sure what the other bunny was dressed up as, but I kept calling it the Green Lantern).

There is something about these illustrations that I find simply charming, maybe it is the details of...more
Ina
This is a beautifully illustrated fun to read-aloud book. There are lots of scary shadows, great sound words in the text and two very cute, very scared fuzzy bunnies that my storytime audience loved. They hung on every word of the simple text and were captivated by the illustrations. The message, that life is much less scary and much more fun comes through loud and clear when you have "a paw to hold" came through loud and clear and everyone was smiling at our two brave bunnies when I closed the...more
C. David Maxey
"One silver moon.
Two paws held tight.
Two brave bunnies.
One Halloween night."

This picture book has beautiful illustrations and a rhyming story of two brave bunnies. I appreciate the story's emphasis on the bunnies' brave actions, despite their apprehension about Halloween. In a story about bunnies, the characters really don't need to be gendered, and I'm glad the author thinks so too.
Kristin
The contrast of colors with black and other colors is amazing. I could look at the pictures and make up different stories each time. However, the story is helpful and provides for great verbal intonation and expression. This is a must have for Halloween. I'll be purchasing this book for sure.
Susan
A good Halloween book for the toddler set providing you have the dramatic skills to pull it off - no fear, the librarian who ILL'd it (as I happily read through her stash) "does good picture books" and runs a rollicking program.
Meredith
Who said that Halloween books have to be scary instead of cute? Boo, Bunny! features cartoon bunnies in Halloween costumes, and one is dressed like a bumblebee. Cute, cute, cute!
Denise
I love the illustrations in this book, they are beautiful! They also help set the mood as two bunnies muster up the courage to knock on a scary looking door for treats.
Meg McGregor
A very cute look at the eeeks, squeaks, books, and haunts of Halloween!

Sure to become a favorite for your little boo bunnies to hear over and over!
Kristin
This is a super-cute Halloween picture book for little ones. Adorable characters and vivid illustrations make this the Halloween picture book not to miss!
Karen Arendt
A bunny goes trick-or-treating and gets scared by strange sounds and shapes. Illustrated by Jeff Mack, a favorite of mine. For pre-K-Kdg.
Tara
An adorable Halloween book about two bunnies who go trick or treating! Everything scares them but they are very glad to have each other!
Carissa
"Easter bunnies trick-or-treating," was rolling around in my head reading this. Those are two holidays I would not mix.
Paula
Cute scary story where two bunnies meet. First scaring one another but then becoming friends and overcoming their fear.
Stacy
makes no sense at all. Yet another example of a holiday book that is poorly written and lacks any substance.
Andrea Wilkinson
Really short, cute, simple children's picture book with vibrant, fun illustrations and a simple story.
Tricia
awesome alternative to the usual halloween stories. trick or treating bunnies are beyond adorable.
Melissa Shelley
A really cute book for first time trick-or-treaters! A preschool full of 2 year old LOVED it!
Peacegal
This is a nice little board book that nicely captures the scares and magic of Halloween night.
Powers Family
Simple cute Halloween tale (no bunny pun intended!) with engaging illustrations.
Jodie
Easy read with colorful images on a dark background to get in the Halloween mood.
Briana
Jan 10, 2013 Briana rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Halloween Enthusiasts
1. Fear 2. Rabbits 3. Halloween 4. Stories in Rhyme

Not bad. Not great.
Nitza Campos
(K-2) Cute book to read to little ones before they go off to trick-or-treat.
Tina
"Halloween, bunnies, scared, perfect for storytime"
Aspasia
A white bunny makes a friend on Halloween night.
Rory
Great storytime book for three-year-olds.
Megan
BIG letdown...and the cover looked so cute!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Kathryn O. Galbraith is an award-winning children's book author with more than a dozen picture books to her credit, including Boo, Bunny!; Arbor Day Square; Traveling Babies; and Laura Charlotte. She teaches writing for children at the University of Washington.
More about Kathryn O. Galbraith...
Planting the Wild Garden Two Bunny Buddies Arbor Day Square Laura Charlotte Where Is Baby?