Start by marking “Yotsuba, tome 5 (Yotsuba&! #5)” as Want to Read:
Yotsuba, tome 5 (Yotsuba&! #5)

Yotsuba, tome 5 (Yotsuba&! #5)

4.57  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,469 Ratings  ·  85 Reviews
It's the end of an endless summer, and Yotsuba is out to make the most of it. First, she'll go toe-to-toe with a cardboard robot, then help out the neighbors by eating their grapes and spearheading an impromptu trip to the beach. But when her ice cream is stolen by Yanda, Koiwai's understudy, Yotsuba may have to admit she's finally met her match!
Poche, 204 pages
Published June 14th 2007 by Kurokawa (first published April 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Yotsuba, tome 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yotsuba, tome 5

Caleb
Feb 02, 2009 Caleb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
This series is the best thing ever. EVER.
Carrie
Feb 16, 2012 Carrie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good collection. Yotsuba meets a robot named Cardbo, she helps out with chores around the house (watching laundry is fascinating,) and she meets her father's good-for-nothing friend Yanda, who just shows up, eats their instant ramen and tries to steal Yotsuba's ice cream. Yotsuba is not impressed.

They go stargazing with Jumbo. While in the dark park, Yotsuba shines a flashlight in her eyes, blinds herself, and then runs away into a garbage can. (I laughed for at least ten minutes.)

My
Sarah ~Sehrenity~
May 26, 2013 Sarah ~Sehrenity~ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
This volume features the best scene ever... a bored-by-days-of-rain Yotsuba creating an army of ghost creatures while Daddy isn't looking. All. Staring. At. Him. "Geez!! That's creepy!!" doesn't begin to describe how funny these two pages are. Awesome.
Crystal
Jul 24, 2013 Crystal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, manga
Loved this one, especially the beach, the robot ("don't crush Yotsuba's dreams!"), and Yotsuba's fury towards the visitor who eats her ice cream. Girl, I understand.
MissAnnThrope
30 May 2013

Danbo (aka Cardbo)!!
(view spoiler)

What I love most about this series is Yotsuba's contagious joy, her effervescent personality, and her ability to never let anything get her down. That is, until she meets her arch-nemesis, Yanda! To her credit, he is a turd and would probably make Mother Teresa want to knock him out. Yotsuba&!, Vol. 05 shows an unexpectedly aggressive different side to Yotsuba that somehow makes her even more adorable and will leave you howling wi
Sue Moro
Apr 25, 2015 Sue Moro rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Yotsuba helps out with chores at the neighbors, splashes about in the rain (her father says she is bad at umbrella), visits the beach, and goes one on one against Yanada, her father's associate. The scenes versus Yanada had me laughing out loud! Yotsuba makes me smile and want to go jump up and down in a puddle!
Amin
Sep 22, 2014 Amin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic-manga, e-books
یاتسوبا واقعا شیرینه . باید به مانگاکا این مجموعه به خاطر خلاقیت های خوبش و طنز های موقعیتش تبریک گفت
- برای یه مدت خوندن بقیه جلد هاش رو متوقف میکنم . حس میکنم برای برگشت به دنیای یاتسوبا ریکاوری لازم دارم
Vanessa
Dec 14, 2013 Vanessa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yotsuba&! mangas never fail to cheer me up. The main message of any of the little stories within them is that it's important to enjoy life, even the little things (which is definitely something I forget on occasion).
Yotsuba is an excitable child who expresses joy and wonder at everything she comes across, and the stories in this volume were at times sweet and at other times hilarious. I love her facial expressions as they never fail to make me smile.
I can't wait to pick up the next volume
Putri
Ah, Yotsuba, tokoh komik anak kecil favorit saya selain Miiko. Dengan pola pikir khas anak umur 5 tahun, Yotsuba mengajak kita untuk bermain ke dalam kehidupan sehari-harinya. Hal-hal yang remeh seperti koran, cat, bunga, naik sepeda, berbelanja, main ke rumah tetangga, jadi hal yang menarik karena selalu saja ada kejadian lucu yang dialami Yotsuba. Di buku kelima dari entah-berapa-jumlah-volume-Yotsuba&!-selanjutnya ini, Yotsuba bertemu dengan Yanda, teman ayahnya yang nantinya di buku sela ...more
Anna
I know I love it. You know I love it. No surprises today. Yo!

I you need a good ol' laugh (it's really funny! For me, at least) and a cute'n'light manga, READ IT! Yotsuba is a gem.

That's all I'm going to say and last time I recommend you to read it (maybe, muahaha). It's healthy and good for your page count. Juuuuust sayin'.
Joy
Dec 31, 2008 Joy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, 21c, chromatic
I especially loved the chapters with Cardbo and Yanda.
Amy
May 13, 2009 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009, j-comics
Yotsuba shows you how to love life! I love how this whole series shows Yotsuba enjoying all kinds of summer activities. This was a good time of year to read the series, because it's gotten me excited for summer fun!

I just finished this series, of which there are five volumes (hopefully a sixth volume will be coming out this summer). I haven’t read a ton of comics series, but I would have to say that this is my favorite. Yotsuba, the titular character, is t

Sarah Hayes
Oct 21, 2010 Sarah Hayes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Originally posted here at Anime Radius.

Tsuku-tsuku boshi! It's the end of summer - and spring is right around the corner! Oh, it's not? It's fall that's up next? Okay! As the fifth volume of Yotsuba&! opens, the summer season is drawing to a close. That can only mean one thing: try to fit in as many sunny summer day activities into one book as possible before autumn! This includes everything from ice cream cones to airing out futons in the sun to even the ubiquitous trip to the beach (one th
Marissa Dame
Mar 29, 2013 Marissa Dame rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Content Rating: G
Star Rating: 4.5 stars (really liked it)

Check out my review on my blog!
(http://thebookcharacter.blogspot.com/...)

Opinions:
I enjoyed this short and pretty much easy read. At first though it was hard for me to get use to reading right to left (as you must do in this book), and I was also confused about Yotsuba's relationship with everyone in the book. She calls the mother of her neighboring friends "Mom", but she is not actually Yotsuba's mother. I would recommend reading this se
Brian
Oct 31, 2015 Brian rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This particular volume of Yotsuba simply wasn't as good as the others ones. For some reason, the character has started to become written as not being so cute and innocent but as simply dumb. Where was the young naive Yotsuba I loved from the previous volumes who behaves more as an alien and less as a bratty young kid. I hope this is corrected and improves in future volumes!
Elaine Lin
May 30, 2010 Elaine Lin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yotsuba is still an outstanding little girl growing up in a small neighborhood. She is still learning many ways of life along with her family and friends. She is a cute girl that doesn't give up until she finally succeeds. Yasuda, a new character in this novel, jokes around with Yotsubaby taking a bite out of her ice cream cone. She doesn't surrender to him so she takes his phone during his phone call and yells " IDIOT!" to that random person. She doesn't give up until she thinks it's even or sh ...more
Sara
Definitely one of my favorites in the series. Yotsuba has so much joy and energy- it just lifts your spirits reading it. Amazing! This little girl can be so infectious and just make your heart laugh. I love her!
Kathleen
Recycling and Robots? Yotsuba works hard at everything she tries! Of course, a five year old naturally encounters obstacles others might not.

These continue to be some of the cutest manga extant.
Swety Retna
Jun 13, 2013 Swety Retna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loove this series so much! Hey, what about the chapter about Yotsuba and Helping?! you know, I read this chapter for sooo many timeeesssss!!! really, this is the most interesting and the funniest story I read. I sometimes think about what Daddy Koiwai has in his mind about Yotsuba's behavior, ha ha but He always lets yotsuba do whatever she wants and just look at her with blank look :D ha ha
when Yotsuba climb in Mom's back, Daddy was just looking! so cute.
And I really love Yotsuba activities
Hana Bilqisthi
Yitsuba pakai jas hujan lucu XD
yotsuba berani banget nanya orang dewasa satu persatu ..
baca komik ini jad makin kagum sama Ayahnya Yotsuba yang pengertian dan sabar banget menghadapi Yotsuba XD
Olesya
May 19, 2015 Olesya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cannot believe it but these just get funnier with every volume! I can tell the Yanda vs. Yotsuba rivalry set up in this one will bear fruit to much hilarity later.
Johara Almogbel
Oct 20, 2014 Johara Almogbel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The chores one killed me. I need to have a kid as easily amused as Yotsubato, I really do.
Harun Harahap
Makin konyol aja nih Yotsuba. Paling kocak pas bagian berantem sama Yanda. Ahahaha, sikoplok...
Eric
Jan 20, 2016 Eric rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I laughed so hard at this my girlfriend came into the room to tell me to shut up
Sweet's Family Bookshelves
My 8 year old enjoyed this book. She said the ending was a little strange. Now I need to go check out the next couple books in the series for her.
Meep
Jun 08, 2015 Meep rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everybody!
I love the Yotsuba series! She is just so funny and I love all her friends!
Celie
May 14, 2015 Celie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a fun, light read. It is also good for younger siblings.
Sammy C
Feb 02, 2016 Sammy C rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, Yotsuba! The first ever time your threw a tantrum!
brightredglow
Dec 18, 2015 brightredglow rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Volume when Yanda is intro'd will always be my fave.
Ivy
May 27, 2014 Ivy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So cute! sad it stops at 12 but, oh well!
  • Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 3
  • Mushishi, Volume 7
  • Genshiken: The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture, Vol. 3
  • A Bride's Story, Vol. 4 (A Bride's Story, #4)
  • Bunny Drop 4 (Bunny Drop, #4)
  • Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 9
Kiyohiko Azuma (東清彦 or あずま きよひこ Azuma Kiyohiko) is a Japanese manga author and artist. His most well-known work is Azumanga Daioh. His current series is Yotsuba&!, which is serialized monthly in Dengeki Daioh magazine.
More about Kiyohiko Azuma...

Yotsuba&! (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 01 (Yotsuba&! #1)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 02 (Yotsuba&! #2)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 03 (Yotsuba&! #3)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 04 (Yotsuba&! #4)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 06 (Yotsuba&! #6)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 07 (Yotsuba&! #7)
  • Yotsuba, tome 8 (Yotsuba&! #8)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 09 (Yotsuba&! #9)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 10 (Yotsuba&! #10)
  • ¡Yotsuba! Vol. 11 (Yotsuba&! #11)