Dinosaurs!

Dinosaurs!

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  76 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Bright illustrations and an informative text for young dinosaur fans.
Published May 1st 2008 by Holiday House (first published 1987)

Catherine Page
Oct 01, 2008 Catherine Page rated it 3 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Parents of preschool and early elementary children.
Gail Gibbons is a prolific author/illustrator whose titles usually provide a basic introduction to a topic for preschool/early elementary students and their parents. Dinosaurs! follows this pattern and can serve as a useful read-aloud for parents or starting place for assignments for early elementary students. This is helpful because some dinosaur books are difficult to read aloud to younger children.

Dinosaurs! explains when dinosaurs lived, how fossils occured, and how paleontologists study fos...more
Deanna Vaughn
Dinosaurs! is a nonfiction book that gives information about types of dinosaurs. This book is easy to read for young children. It talks about how long ago dinosaurs roamed the Earth to what the dinosaurs ate. This book also categorizes the dinosaurs into plant and meat eaters. The book shows lots of pictures of the different types of dinosaurs. I think this is a great informational book for children interested or beginning to be interested in dinosaurs.
Amber McMinn
Dinosaurs talked about details of when they were on Earth and what the different kinds were called. All of the dinosaurs died around seventy million years ago and roamed the Earth's land for millions of years. Over time, they became fossils under the stone. Paleontologists dug up the fossils and carefully examined them to find out their names and features of them, while putting them back together. The scariest was called Tyrannosaurus Rex and it had teeth that were six inches long. It stood twen...more
The perfect introduction to dinosaurs for kids in Kindergarten and grade 1. Depending on interest, it might even work well for preschool students. Gail Gibbons presents information about dinosaurs in clear, simple language that's easy for young listeners to understand.
Jasmine Contreras
Dinosaurs! Is an informational book about Dinosaurs of course! It gave very important basic information about Dinosaurs, I think it is a good book for kids ages 4-6 just learning about dinosaurs. I even learned new things about dinosaurs I did not know.
Deborah Harris
AR Quiz No. 31414 EN Nonfiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: LG - BL: 3.7 - AR Pts: 0.5
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP, VP
Skylar Burris
A good overview of dinosaurs written on a basic enough level that my soon-to-be first grader could easily follow it. (Also, frankly, written on a basic enough level that I could read it aloud without stumbling all over my speech.)
Randie
The Queen of non-fiction provides readers with a wealth of knowledge about dinosaurs. While the information is accurate and mildly interesting the illustrations were not detailed enough for young dinosaur lovers.
Cheryl
Very accessible. My children really engaged with the pictures, and I liked being able to tell them the names of the dinosaurs they were looking at. A good introduction for toddlers.
Mrs Bond
Another informative text from Gail Gibbons. Discusses different dinosaurs and their characteristics. Meteor is named as the cause of the disappearance of dinosaurs.
Chelsey Combs
This is a great book all about dinosaurs. Young children will love reading about dinosaurs. It's a great introduction to non-fiction literature.
Ruth
Well written informational text about dinosaurs. Enough information was given, but not in an overwhelming way.
Polly
This is in classic Gail Gibbons style. If the material strikes a chord, some kids will love it.
Bridget
Easy to learn in a simple way. If I am able to learn than my kids are able to learn.
Kim R
Kim R added it
Mar 13, 2014
Aiden Ryan
Aiden Ryan marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Jc Galino
Jc Galino marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2014
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2014
Arlyn
Arlyn added it
Jan 09, 2014
Deanie
Deanie marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2013
Morgyn
Morgyn added it
Dec 17, 2013
Erin
Erin added it
Dec 03, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
From Seed to Plant The Seasons of Arnold's Apple Tree The Moon Book The Pumpkin Book Apples