Start by marking “Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 5 (Rosario+Vampire, #5)” as Want to Read:
Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 5 (Rosario+Vampire, #5)

Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 5 (Rosario+Vampire #5)

4.28  ·  Rating Details ·  1,404 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
All-around average teenager Tsukune can't get accepted to any high school save one...but on his first day he finds the rest of the student body doesn't appear average in the least. Best of all, the cutest girl on campus can't wait to fling her arms around his neck! Wait a sec'--are those her teeth around his neck too...? Tsukune's going to have one heck of a hickey when he ...more
Published February 3rd 2009 by VIZ Media LLC (first published February 3rd 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 5

Fruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoSpecial A, Vol. 1 by Maki Minami
Favorite Shoujo Manga
268th out of 653 books — 1,511 voters
The Girl on the Train by Paula HawkinsThe Martian by Andy WeirA Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. MaasMe Before You by Jojo MoyesPride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
What Women Born in the 80s are Reading in 2016
325th out of 714 books — 73 voters

More lists with this book...

I'mogén
Jun 04, 2015 I'mogén rated it really liked it
I often wonder why this hellish academy is so full of mafia like yobs and creepy teachers! xD
Anyway, as always (another re-read) we meet another character, who is of cause more than she at first seems to be. I remember Mizore being one of my favorites the other times I read this volume, but I can't see so much the appeal anymore, for the time being at least. She's just so... Odd.
I love that throughout this, we see Tskune suffering with the regular, mundane trails of being a teenager, even though
VampireAngelSadist
Jun 29, 2012 VampireAngelSadist rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-read
I kind of forgot what happened the last book, so the beginning was confusing. But eventually I got the plot.
I just Love The snow girl! Shes so nice, although a bit creepy, shes cool! I don't like Moka the best, shes just kind of clueless, even if she is nice.
What's happening in the story so far is pretty interesting, I didn't think that bull would come back, much less with a group of thugs. I also didn't expect that thing with Moka's blood to be affecting Tsukine that much.
Daniel Stephens
Dec 31, 2014 Daniel Stephens rated it it was amazing
I like to give Manga series 5 volumes to bed in - by then I can normally tell if I'm going to stick with them solidly, pick them up now and again, or give them a miss. This is definitely in the stick with it solidly category now. Yes, it's a tad formulaic, but it's fun! And this volume adds a great new character, and a needed change up to the status quo. So yes, unless something unexpected happens, I'll be avidly seeing this through to the end. (It's already beating the Anime hands down.)
Emma
Jun 12, 2015 Emma rated it it was ok
"QUIZ 5: ABOMINABLE SNOWGIRLWHEN A LITERAL FROST QUEEN FALLS FOR YOU LIKE AN ICICLE OFF THE EAVES OF AN ALPINE CHALET, IT'S BEST TO TAKE...a. a snowdayb. a chill pill c. the heat off of her"

Volume 5 and it's still same old same old with this manga. Every volume is a new bad guy trying to kill Tsukune and Moka saving him. It was a cool concept but it isn't going anywhere so I suppose I'll be done.
Leila Anani
Sep 06, 2012 Leila Anani rated it really liked it
This volume ties up the witch story arc, introduces abominable snow girl Mizore and has our students face a Kraken and monstrels (mongrel monsters). It also deals with the affects prolonged exposure ot Moka's blood is having on Tsukune. Really nice artwork, and lively characters continue to make this series a really fun read.
Anna Hakopian t (-_-t)
Nov 02, 2016 Anna Hakopian t (-_-t) rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, november-2016
Why is there no law and order in this school?! Molesting teachers and murderous bullies never get punished!
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Good volume.
L.H.O.O.Q.
Jun 08, 2012 L.H.O.O.Q. added it
Review of the first manga series 1-10:

This manga is not terrible, let’s just say that. But it has a lot of problems.

The art is beautiful and I think the art itself is where the author’s talent lies most heavily, not plotting. The plots of each volume…pretty laughable to even try to identify them with the idea of ‘plot.’ The situations are so see through you know well before anything goes down just how it all will end.

Fan service is always appalling when it happens upon a page, though expected,
Jessie
Oct 26, 2013 Jessie rated it really liked it
This turned out to be a pretty decent series so far. When I started reading the first volume this morning, I wasn't so sure I would continue past these first five. It seemed that the plots were often recycled and that there was nothing new going to happen and no development in the characters. But with Tsukune's further integration into the student body of his new "monster academy," the plots become more interesting as the gang faces up against improved villains, gain additional members who turn ...more
Miss Ryoko
Feb 24, 2013 Miss Ryoko rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, library-book
Huh... well I am quite happy to say this series is taking a turn for the better! It started out really meh but each volume has been an improvement from the last. This volume was a bit ruined for me because I saw the episode in the anime first...but oh well.

I am very happy to see that Moka transfusing Tsukune with her blood is finally have an impact on him. I was going to be pretty pissed if she was constantly turning him into a temporary vampire and nothing serious was going to happen.

I didn't t
Dante' Slaton
Mar 05, 2013 Dante' Slaton rated it it was amazing
With the end of summer over, a new school year begins with Tsukune and the gang. After their counter at the sun flower field in the human world their newspaper club now has a new headline for their next back to school story. And that's not what also is a headline when a new girl come to school. A girl who very chill to meet Tsukune very much. Find out who is this new student in this next series.
Jessica
Aug 31, 2011 Jessica rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, horror, manga
A new ice creature enters the scene, a nice change of pace. I also liked that the end wasn't exactly what was expected. She promises to be an interesting character, except for the fact that she joins the ranks of women who have fallen in love with Tsukune....which appears to be EVERY single one.
Andrea Evans
Jul 09, 2014 Andrea Evans rated it really liked it
Nikki  King
Dec 30, 2012 Nikki King rated it liked it
So now there's yet ANOTHER girl in love with Tsukune... What a bore. At least she's cooler than the others HAHAHAHA see what I did there? You would if you've read it! In all seriousness though I DO like her best, after Moka. But Moka's all wishy-washy. Mizore does what best for Tsukune, even if it's not in her best interest of win in him over. And she has a sense of style.
Maria
Dec 21, 2010 Maria rated it liked it
Recommends it for: to everyone
Recommended to Maria by: my bros
ok.i know i read this before but it was pretty good and i wanted to read it again.they go to the human world; finding out that witches are killing people because their near their property.and a student they never seen before comes out of hiding(girl in the cover)(btw tsukune is a vampire but at fist was a ghoul; i'll show you his sysatem: human>vampire>ghoul>vampire)
abatage
Feb 15, 2011 abatage rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
It's good that this series is getting better already, because the formula of meet monster/remove rosario/kick butt was perhaps wearing a little thin. Thankfully there have been a few different story elements coming up that change the pace, but still maintain the momentum.
Lauren
Feb 10, 2015 Lauren rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
There was a fun playfulness about this series that I really enjoyed. The author threw in a healthy mix of comedic relief to each character and I loved how there were so many completely opposite personalities.
Robin Conley
Feb 20, 2011 Robin Conley rated it liked it
I like the artist's work in this manga and I think the story is great too. It keeps adding twists that makes the problems be interesting, even when it is a similar situation.
Toni Marie
Jun 08, 2016 Toni Marie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love!

This series is addictive, and I can not put down these books! I only hope there is much more to come.
James
Aug 04, 2013 James rated it it was amazing
Rosario+vampire is a good akuma based manga. It has a good art style and a good plot line. The akuma concept is good and very entertaining. Characters are good and interesting.
Chris Humphries
Chris Humphries rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2013
Lily Marie
Lily Marie rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2012
Meghan
Meghan rated it liked it
May 11, 2015
Borbala Kiss
Borbala Kiss rated it did not like it
Aug 31, 2015
Madisela
Madisela rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2012
Araceli
Araceli rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2012
Qyubun95
Qyubun95 rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2012
Ultragirlx3
Ultragirlx3 rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2015
Michael Donato
Michael Donato rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2015
Courtney Schatz
Courtney Schatz rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2015
anime 1 9 Oct 27, 2009 06:58PM
Anime vampires 1 7 Oct 27, 2009 06:56PM
  • Chibi Vampire, Vol. 14
  • Bakuman, Volume 8: Panty Shot and Savior
  • Chobits, Omnibus 2
  • Black Cat, Volume 14
  • Claymore, Vol. 2: Darkness in Paradise (Claymore, #2)
Akihisa Ikeda (池田晃久) is a manga artist/manga-ka best known for the manga series Rosario + Vampire (ロザリオとバンパイア Rosario to Vampire). He's been a huge fan of vampires and monsters since he was a little kid. He says one of the perks of being a manga artist is being able to go for walks during the day when everybody else is stuck in the office.
More about Akihisa Ikeda...

Rosario+Vampire (10 books)
  • Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 1 (Rosario+Vampire, #1)
  • Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 2 (Rosario+Vampire, #2)
  • Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 3 (Rosario+Vampire, #3)
  • Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 4 (Rosario+Vampire, #4)
  • Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 6 (Rosario+Vampire, #6)
  • Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 7 (Rosario+Vampire, #7)
  • Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 8 (Rosario+Vampire, #8)
  • Rosario + Vampire, Tome 9 (Rosario+Vampire, #9)
  • Rosario+Vampire, Vol. 10 (Rosario+Vampire, #10)