For Guitar Players Only

For Guitar Players Only

4.67 of 5 stars 4.67  ·  rating details  ·  3 ratings  ·  3 reviews
For Guitar Players Only is one of the most unique books ever written for guitar. Legendary studio guitarist Tommy Tedesco shares his personal hints and exercises for improving picking technique and sight reading abilities, while offering countless other i
Published June 1st 2008 by Alfred Music

Craig Cunningham
I love this book! I studied music at Musicians' Institute in Los Angeles California. I then formally studied Jazz Guitar as a Music Major at the University of Southern California. As a child, I studied classical guitar at the Conservatory of the Arts in St. Louis, Missouri. I studied formal musical notation for a long time, and I have renewed my interest in playing music. I performed as a professional musician throughout the 1980's and 1990's. I enjoyed the opportunity to work as a studio musici...more
Serge Pierro
Tedesco's classic book on studio guitar playing. Excellent insight into the world of studio guitar playing and what it takes to be successful at it. Includes actual pieces from studio dates. It also excels at teaching students to read at a higher level. I found that the book helped me prepare for studio sessions.
Don Sansone
This was part of my private lesson instruction while studying guitar at a university 30 years ago. It was powerful. I would guess that I could still learn a lot by going back through it. Thanks, Tommy Tedesco, wherever you are today!
Todd
Todd marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Oren Frank
Oren Frank marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2013
Dharmandy
Dharmandy marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2013
Erik  Bejstam
Erik Bejstam marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2013
Dinko
Dinko marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2010
For Guitar Players Only: Short Cuts in Technique, Sight Reading and Studio Playing Anatomy of a Guitar Player Tommy Tedesco - Confessions of a Guitar Player For Guitar Players Only: 0