Start by marking “The Story Of Anne Frank” as Want to Read:
The Story Of Anne Frank

The Story Of Anne Frank

4.38  ·  Rating Details  ·  91 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
This book tells the complete story of Anne Frank's life and answers many questions such as How did her diary survive?

To ask other readers questions about The Story Of Anne Frank, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Story Of Anne Frank

Sonja - Intellectual Badass
"One day this terrible war will be over. The time will come when we'll be people again and not just Jews! ... We can never be just Dutch, or just English, or whatever, we will always be Jews as well. But then, we'll want to be." - Anne Frank, April 11 1944

A truly touching book. The photographs added a world of dimension to the story of Anne Frank.
May all people who suffered in inhumane ways rest in peace
Kit Swindle
May 24, 2010 Kit Swindle rated it it was amazing
After our visit to the Anne Frank House, we picked this book up, mainly because of the great photographs included (you are not allowed to take pictures in the museum/house).

It is full of wonderful insights and history you gain inside the house. It also has some pretty startling photographs depicting some of the concentration camps, of the Allied Invasion, and the stark reality of what happened.

After visiting the house and reading this book, I hold Otto Frank in my heart as not only a sincere fa
Lucía
Mar 30, 2015 Lucía rated it it was amazing
En mi viaje a Ámsterdam visite la Casa de Anne Frank y como no pude evitarlo quería algún recuerdo especial de esa visita. Por eso adquiri este exclusivo libro de su vida que solo se encuentra en el museo. Sensaciones encontradas si las hay, la lectura es rápida y muy interesante sobre todo cuando cuenta diferentes situaciones que no sabia. De mas esta decir la admiración que siento por esta niña con sentimientos tan esperanzadores. Sobre todo sabiendo el triste final de su vida. De los hermosos ...more
Sep 06, 2015 Sarah rated it it was amazing
This book has photos of the Frank family that I had never seen before. The story does not contain much new information if you have read Anne Frank's diary or a biography about Anne. However, it is still a book worth reading because of the photos from the Frank's photo albums. It also has photos of the Secret Annex. I am glad those photos are included because you are not allowed to take photos of the Anne Frank House when you tour it.
Lhya
Jan 24, 2016 Lhya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4/5

El Diario de Ana Frank, su historia, su museo, entrevistas de sus amigos y familiares, cualquier cosa con respecto a ella, es cultura. Hace poco tuve la increíble oportunidad de visitar el museo de Ana Frank, y lo hice leyendo este libro al mismo tiempo, por lo que la lectura se me hizo muy especial.

Antes de comenzar, aclaro que esto no es el diario de Ana Frank. The Story of Anne Frank es una recopilación de fotografías de Ana y su familia, junto con pequeñas citas de su diario y Menno Metse
Angela
Jul 28, 2010 Angela rated it it was amazing
Easy read in terms of getting through it quickly.
Hard read in terms of digesting the magnitude of what occurred relatively recently and what is still occurring in some parts of this world.
Jane
Aug 13, 2010 Jane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
My daughter brought me this book from her visit to The Anne Frank House this summer. The photographs, journal entries, and commentary are very compelling.
kathe
Sep 11, 2014 kathe rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Amazong photographs and great insights, and pleasent reading!
Angela Stegeman
Toch opnieuw weer Zeer indrukwekkend.
Simon Evans
Aug 23, 2015 Simon Evans rated it it was amazing
After a visit to the house this book is a short but essential overview of the tragic story of the inhabitants of the secret annexe.

It is a useful extension to the diary as it offers an array of photographs and begins the story before the war and finishes with the awful outcome for all but one of the annexe inhabitants.

Compelling and recommended.
Cheri
Cheri marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2016
Lyndsey
Lyndsey marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2016
Rosa
Rosa added it
Jul 28, 2016
Jisela
Jisela marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Cons Alonsagay
Cons Alonsagay marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2016
Lisa Goethals
Lisa Goethals rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2016
Aditya Khandeparkar
Aditya Khandeparkar marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Sarah rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2016
Missi Bastiaanse
Missi Bastiaanse rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2016
Sydney
Sydney marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
Bryah
Bryah rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2016
Hailey Bedford
Hailey Bedford marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2016
Nicole Morissette
Nicole Morissette rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2016
Amber
Amber rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2016
Jennefer
Jennefer rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Sara Webb
Sara Webb marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Lily Amis
Lily Amis rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2016
Amy De
Amy De added it
Jan 08, 2016
Katrina Lewis
Katrina Lewis rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016