A Husband's Wicked Ways (Cavendish Square, #3)

A Husband's Wicked Ways (Cavendish Square #3)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  411 ratings  ·  40 reviews

When a spymaster proposes marriage as a cover, it might be madness for a lady to indulge in...

A HUSBAND'S WICKED WAYS

Bestselling author Jane Feather beguiles with this sparkling story of the alluring secrets hidden behind the elegance of Regency London, when a lovely young woman discovers the danger...and delight...of risking everything for love.

Aurelia Farnham believes s

Published March 24th 2009 by Pocket Star (first published January 1st 2009)

Elle
Aurelia Farnham, whose husband perished in the Battle of Trafalgar, is the third of the ladies of Cavendish Square. Her two friends, Liv and Nell, are happily married, and Aurelia is house-sitting the Cavendish Square manor while Liv is in confinement. She's busy with a very active young daughter, and fretting a bit about what she's going to do with her own future. She has almost no means, and is dependent on tight-fisted relations to keep her and her daughter clothed and housed.

Enter Colonel Si...more
Verity
Apr 28, 2009 Verity rated it 3 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Lovers of emotionally-detached heroes / whip-smart heroines
Shelves: feather-jane
I miss JF's ol' historicals that were full of adventure, passion, cat-and-mouse game, cloak-and-dagger & derring-do. The Cavendish trilogy was lightweight, tho' still entertaining enough. I liked this 1 the best. The 1st one was kinda silly, 2nd was darker, 3rd one was slightly better than the other 2. It's nice to see characters from previous books. I just wish JF would write more sparkling gems like the V line.

Greville was introduced as the bearer of bad news. Turns out, Aurelia's dear hub...more
Amanda Westmont
LIBRARY BOOKS AHOY! Again in an effort to reduce the family reading budget (which belongs SOLELY to me and my book-a-day addiction), I dragged ass to the library last week with the kids. The romance section was far more barren than I expected, so I grabbed things rather randomly.

This turned out to be a SpyMaster novel, only it was SPYMASTER LITE. I enjoyed it and it was decently written.

The only thing I didn't like about this book was the fact that it was... A BOOK. I'm so accustomed (and addict...more
Amy
I liked this the best of the three Cavendish square novels by Jane Feather. The first two were too light. This one had a nice level of darkness too it, but not too much (Kissed by Shadows, while I love it, is particularly disturbing). In this one, the heroine gets to actively assist the hero in his work, and in doing so, Aurelia shines. The plot is relatively simple and there were no surprises or unexpected plot twists, which made it a lighter read, which was appropriate for the mood I was in.
Stasha
I remember now why I stopped reading Jane Feather. The spy stories are weak, the characters flat and I really could care less about the romantic leads. I made it over 100 pages and I'm done. Life is too short to waste on poorly written, non-engaging books.
Sarah (wants some answers from GR)
23/12 - Not sure this is any better than the previous book in the series (which I was hoping it would be). Aurelia Farnham just seems like a means to an end for Sir Greville Falconer. He has physical passion for her but I don't feel any true understanding of her or her situation. I mean, leading a single mother with a young child into the dangers of espionage shows me he has no understanding of what her life is like and the fact that it's not just his life and hers that are effected by what he's...more
Nicole
Jane Feather - A Husband's Wicked Ways (Cavendish Square #3)

Aurelia Farnham believes she is happy living in London's stylish Cavendish Square. But with her friends Livia and...more
Kin
Aurelia Farnham... I don't actually see myself in her position. And that is one of the criteria I really much rely on rating on how good is a book. Predictable. As always. I don't know if it's really predictable or I'm really good in predicting I should have been a fortune-teller. Lol. Redundancy. However, it was somehow erotic for someone like me who's really conservative. Haha. Kidding aside, not bad but it doesn't have the wow-that-was-a-fucking-amazing-book-I-want-to-read-the-other-two-books...more
L8blmr
I used to read quite a lot of this author's work, and then it became "not enough". However, I found this book at a yard sale for a quarter, so...

After some of the historical romances I've read with action/adventure, suspense and mystery artfully included so that you get the best of more than one genre, this one did pale a little in comparison. There wasn't much suspense or mystery here; we knew who the "bad guys" were from the beginning, the climax of the story was weak and the revelation leadin...more
Patty
Jane Feather does not disappoint. This is the third in a series that I have not read before. It was not too awful to have missed the first two books - I could figure out where we were headed.

Aurelia is sure that life is going smoothly, her good friends have gotten married, but she is still seeing them and their families. She has her daughter to take care of. A little more money would be nice, but life is basically good. And then she meets Sir Grenville Falconer and in true romance fashion her li...more
Rishi Diams
I have the most interesting love/hate relationship with Ms. Feather. Admittedly, this book literally fell in my lap; otherwise I might never have read it. I have not read the previous two books in this series although Ms. Feather drives home the point that such books exist by repeatedly jumping into the POVs of the characters from those books. The plot was rather thin and bland, something I'd already seen done a few times before. The one thing that stands out for me with Ms. Feather's work is al...more
Kelly
As I've always said I love books that take place in the 'old days' so that'a always my favorite part of the book. This book was a little more than ok but not fantastic. The whole spy thing was a little confusing I wasn't really sure why they were watching Don Antonio and nothing really came out of it when they settled their disputes. I don't know, that whole part was meant to be something extra but it was confusing at times. I do recommend the book though because it was still good to read and cr...more
garnetyuna
Did not finish.
I couldn't stand the two main characters anymore, so after 50 or so pages, I gave up reading this.
Mia
I'm a grad student and this was a re-read. Basically it's something I enjoy reading when all I want is some mindless entertainment that doesn't involve a wireless connection and intense thought process while dealing with schoolwork and complicated textbooks. I have many books by this author. It's ok. I've read better...hence the three stars.
Sheila
I almost never read the non-first book in a series. I tend to either be confused by characters who aren't fully introduced this time around OR bored by scenes with people not germane to the book. (It's different if you fall in love with them in their own books.) This book did neither, and had an awesome, awesome heroine. Well played!
Jessi
The third book in a trilogy, I did not read the other two books of. It was okay. Aurelia Farnham is a widow. Her husband used to work with Colonel Sir Greville as a spy. Colonel Sir Greville has been told how brave Aurelia is and he needs her help to get close to a Spanish spy. Sex and love ensue.
Amos
of Walmart 10/2/2010 std pm 10/4/2010 finis 2 am 10/6/2010. Excellent finis to Cavendish ladies opening prospects for many tie-in followup books/series. new / novel uses for words: chintz pg 142. conge, pg. 313. cicisbeo pg. 408. tambour frame, page 424. detrop pg. 428. damask pg 448.
Sue
The third in a fun series (Cavendish Square) - three friends in early 1800's London - one book for each romance - all three husbands have interesting professions that lead to action and adventure. I like Jane Feather when I want some light reading.
Melissainau
another book that is better in concept than in execution. I love the idea of spies in Regency London, love the idea that some were women. But there were too many leaps of faith & suspensions of disbelief for this reader.
Michelle
A great fluff piece of regency romance. Intriguing plot lines that will keepyou reading and laughing. I enjoy the author because she shows that no matter the time or the place mans' struggle to love and be loved is universal.
Gloria75
Il giusto epilogo della trilogia, anche qui un buon mix di avventura e passione, con sullo sfondo la grande amicizia che lega tre donne e il loro amore per i rispettivi mariti.
Dancer
The book was good, but the ending was rushed. After all Don Antonio does to Sir Greville and Aurelia, it was anticlimatic for Sir Greville just throw a knife at him.
Luvmyfamily
Best book in the trilogy even if it was a repeat of the prior two books. I find I liked this version best and have to give it a complete 4 stars!
Donna Jo Atwood
A continuation of Jane Feather's REgency spy series, If you like your Regency's with intrigue and sex, this should do it.
Phyllis
started out interesting until male character met his "future wife". boring woman. Just didn't want to spend any time with them.
Rhonda
Aug 09, 2009 Rhonda marked it as gave-up-on
Sam picked out 2 romance novels for me for my bday, and this was one of them! Ha, Jason loved that.
Santy
Love, totally loved this story...Love how the hero and heroine are matching to each other. Gorgeous!
Michael
Loved the heroine, was indifferent to the hero, and found the book as a whole not that bad
Carmelina
Enjoyed the beginning, nearly didn't read the rest but decided to perservere and did enjoy the end.
Qtpham85
I don't remember what it was really about. Just trying to add it to my read collection
  • The Virgin's Secret
  • The Bridegroom (Captive Hearts, #4)
  • Never Deceive a Duke (Neville Family, #2)
  • Wed Him Before You Bed Him
  • The Sins of Lord Easterbrook (Rothwell #4)
  • At Last Comes Love (Huxtable Quintet, #3)
  • The Wicked Duke Takes a Wife (Boscastle, #9)
  • Some Like It Wild (Kincaid Highland, #2)
  • Temptation and Surrender (Cynster, #15)
  • To Please a Lady (Carre, #2)
  • To Romance a Charming Rogue (Courtship Wars, #4)
  • The Runaway McBride (Seers of Grampion, 1)
  • One Night with a Spy (Royal Four, #3)
  • Rule's Bride  (Bride's Trilogy, #3)
Jane Feather was born in Cairo, Egypt, and grew up in New Forest, in the south of England. She began her highly successful career after she and her family moved to Washington D.C. in 1981. She now has over ten million books in print.

Has also written under pseudonym of Claudia Bishop (books written in 1984)
More about Jane Feather...
Snowy Night with a Stranger (School for Heiresses, Anthology 2) The Accidental Bride (Bride, #2) The Least Likely Bride (Bride, #3) Rushed to the Altar (Blackwater Brides #1) Almost a Bride (Almost, #2)