Start by marking “A Husband's Wicked Ways (Cavendish Square, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Husband's Wicked Ways (Cavendish Square, #3)

A Husband's Wicked Ways (Cavendish Square #3)

3.65  ·  Rating Details  ·  606 Ratings  ·  52 Reviews

When a spymaster proposes marriage as a cover, it might be madness for a lady to indulge in...

A HUSBAND'S WICKED WAYS

Bestselling author Jane Feather beguiles with this sparkling story of the alluring secrets hidden behind the elegance of Regency London, when a lovely young woman discovers the danger...and delight...of risking everything for love.

Aurelia Farnham believes

Published March 24th 2009 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about A Husband's Wicked Ways, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Husband's Wicked Ways

Elle
Jun 19, 2012 Elle rated it it was ok
Aurelia Farnham, whose husband perished in the Battle of Trafalgar, is the third of the ladies of Cavendish Square. Her two friends, Liv and Nell, are happily married, and Aurelia is house-sitting the Cavendish Square manor while Liv is in confinement. She's busy with a very active young daughter, and fretting a bit about what she's going to do with her own future. She has almost no means, and is dependent on tight-fisted relations to keep her and her daughter clothed and housed.

Enter Colonel Si
Keri
Feb 24, 2016 Keri rated it liked it
The whole series was ok good, but I really thought that the overall trilogy arc was going to be about Liv's Aunt Sophie and Alex's mother. I thought when the letters that Sophie brought forth was going to be in code to discover how Alex was doing throughout his life. Since Harry was a code breaker I really thought that would have been a nice touch instead of reinforcing to Alex that his mother really left him behind with his dad. So now I don't know what the point of the letters were. Alex alrea ...more
Amanda Westmont
Oct 01, 2009 Amanda Westmont rated it liked it
LIBRARY BOOKS AHOY! Again in an effort to reduce the family reading budget (which belongs SOLELY to me and my book-a-day addiction), I dragged ass to the library last week with the kids. The romance section was far more barren than I expected, so I grabbed things rather randomly.

This turned out to be a SpyMaster novel, only it was SPYMASTER LITE. I enjoyed it and it was decently written.

The only thing I didn't like about this book was the fact that it was... A BOOK. I'm so accustomed (and addict
Verity
Apr 28, 2009 Verity rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Lovers of emotionally-detached heroes / whip-smart heroines
Shelves: feather-jane
I miss JF's ol' historicals that were full of adventure, passion, cat-and-mouse game, cloak-and-dagger & derring-do. The Cavendish trilogy was lightweight, tho' still entertaining enough. I liked this 1 the best. The 1st one was kinda silly, 2nd was darker, 3rd one was slightly better than the other 2. It's nice to see characters from previous books. I just wish JF would write more sparkling gems like the V line.

Greville was introduced as the bearer of bad news. Turns out, Aurelia's dear hub
Readitnweep
Dorothea Müller
Apr 19, 2015 Dorothea Müller rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Als Greville Falconer ihr eröffnet das ihr verstorbener Mann ein Spion war. Gerät ihre Welt ins wanken. Als dann Greville Falconer die reizende Aurelia Farnham um Hilfe bittet, weiß sie nicht um sie in die Fußstapfen ihres Mannes treten will. Nicht nur sie könnte in Gefahr geraden. Sie lässt sich auf das gefährliche Spiel ein. Doch die Spannung zwischen ihnen wird immer größer und die sinnliche Begehrte lenkt sie beiden von ihrer Mission ab.

Ab und zu brauche ich mal wieder so ein Roman für zwis
Amy
May 08, 2010 Amy rated it it was amazing
I liked this the best of the three Cavendish square novels by Jane Feather. The first two were too light. This one had a nice level of darkness too it, but not too much (Kissed by Shadows, while I love it, is particularly disturbing). In this one, the heroine gets to actively assist the hero in his work, and in doing so, Aurelia shines. The plot is relatively simple and there were no surprises or unexpected plot twists, which made it a lighter read, which was appropriate for the mood I was in.
Alice
Yup, sesuai dugaan, aku lebih suka seri terakhir ini. Aku suka perang dingin seperti ini--lebih menegangkan.

Aurelian Farnham, seorang janda dari suami yang mati di perang Trafalgar. Itu yang awalnya ia yakini. Namun pimpinan alm. suami Aurelia datang kepadanya dan memberikan bukti bahwa Aurelia tidak menjanda dari tiga tahun yang lalu namun dari beberapa bulan yang lalu di tahun yang sama. Sebuah kejutan, tentu saja, menyadari bahwa ia telah dibohongi oleh suaminya sendiri yang memilih jalan sep
Stasha
May 22, 2009 Stasha rated it did not like it
I remember now why I stopped reading Jane Feather. The spy stories are weak, the characters flat and I really could care less about the romantic leads. I made it over 100 pages and I'm done. Life is too short to waste on poorly written, non-engaging books.
Beth Johnson
Jul 06, 2015 Beth Johnson rated it really liked it
Shelves: hea, 2015-reads
This novel was frankly the best of the three. First off, the characters were open and honest as much as possible about everything going on between them, especially regarding all the espionage. Unlike the first two books, where the women were left in the dark for the most part, Ellie was an active partner. And the relationship was better for her service -- they made a far more believable couple almost from the beginning. I felt invested in their mystery because I wasn't spending time being irrita ...more
Nancy
Jul 28, 2014 Nancy rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, historical
When Aurelia learns her late husband was an English spy, she wonders how the messenger came by his letter. Could Colonel Sir Greville Falconer work for the same department? Her suspicions are confirmed when the audacious man enlists her help in nabbing a ring of Spanish spies. Is she up to the task? Moreover, can she pretend to be his fiancée as he demands? As they work together, pretense melds into passion. How can she keep this man at her side when their charade ends? With an intriguing plot, ...more
Dec 25, 2012 Sarah rated it liked it
23/12 - Not sure this is any better than the previous book in the series (which I was hoping it would be). Aurelia Farnham just seems like a means to an end for Sir Greville Falconer. He has physical passion for her but I don't feel any true understanding of her or her situation. I mean, leading a single mother with a young child into the dangers of espionage shows me he has no understanding of what her life is like and the fact that it's not just his life and hers that are effected by what he's ...more
Nicole
Sep 06, 2013 Nicole rated it it was amazing
Shelves: klaar-gelees, england
Jane Feather - A Husband's Wicked Ways (Cavendish Square #3)

Aurelia Farnham believes she is happy living in London's stylish Cavendish Square. But with her friends Livia and
Kin
Sep 16, 2013 Kin rated it liked it
Shelves: very-nice
Aurelia Farnham... I don't actually see myself in her position. And that is one of the criteria I really much rely on rating on how good is a book. Predictable. As always. I don't know if it's really predictable or I'm really good in predicting I should have been a fortune-teller. Lol. Redundancy. However, it was somehow erotic for someone like me who's really conservative. Haha. Kidding aside, not bad but it doesn't have the wow-that-was-a-fucking-amazing-book-I-want-to-read-the-other-two-books ...more
Carleen
Jun 12, 2015 Carleen rated it really liked it

The men in this series keep too many secrets that could put the women they love in danger. I get that they are spies or undercover, but if a Inquisition trained bad guy is on your trail, a little heads up would be nice.

Aurelia was the star of this book. She never really stood out in the other two books, but she got her chance here.
Cheryl
Oct 24, 2014 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
I am trying the read one a day at this sitting, this one took two, but I totally enjoyed the characters, the story line, the impression of the daughter, and I am a huge fan of big wolf hounds, plenty to laugh about, good background, and yes I would re-read it, and recommend it to others
L8blmr
Apr 26, 2010 L8blmr rated it liked it
I used to read quite a lot of this author's work, and then it became "not enough". However, I found this book at a yard sale for a quarter, so...

After some of the historical romances I've read with action/adventure, suspense and mystery artfully included so that you get the best of more than one genre, this one did pale a little in comparison. There wasn't much suspense or mystery here; we knew who the "bad guys" were from the beginning, the climax of the story was weak and the revelation leadin
Mary Mcdonald
Aug 03, 2015 Mary Mcdonald rated it liked it
This book was not as interesting to me as the first two - the characters didn't hold my interest, and I felt that it was not as good as the others in the series.
Patty
Jane Feather does not disappoint. This is the third in a series that I have not read before. It was not too awful to have missed the first two books - I could figure out where we were headed.

Aurelia is sure that life is going smoothly, her good friends have gotten married, but she is still seeing them and their families. She has her daughter to take care of. A little more money would be nice, but life is basically good. And then she meets Sir Grenville Falconer and in true romance fashion her li
Rishi Diams
Jun 30, 2009 Rishi Diams rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
I have the most interesting love/hate relationship with Ms. Feather. Admittedly, this book literally fell in my lap; otherwise I might never have read it. I have not read the previous two books in this series although Ms. Feather drives home the point that such books exist by repeatedly jumping into the POVs of the characters from those books. The plot was rather thin and bland, something I'd already seen done a few times before. The one thing that stands out for me with Ms. Feather's work is al ...more
Kelly
Dec 17, 2009 Kelly rated it liked it
As I've always said I love books that take place in the 'old days' so that'a always my favorite part of the book. This book was a little more than ok but not fantastic. The whole spy thing was a little confusing I wasn't really sure why they were watching Don Antonio and nothing really came out of it when they settled their disputes. I don't know, that whole part was meant to be something extra but it was confusing at times. I do recommend the book though because it was still good to read and cr ...more
S Miller
Jun 11, 2016 S Miller added it
Shelves: f
Used - Very good
Mrs. Garen L. Herd
Good read

Another Jane Feather success. This book has intrigue, sex and banter. Once I got toward the end, it was hard to put down.
Mia
Dec 10, 2013 Mia rated it liked it
I'm a grad student and this was a re-read. Basically it's something I enjoy reading when all I want is some mindless entertainment that doesn't involve a wireless connection and intense thought process while dealing with schoolwork and complicated textbooks. I have many books by this author. It's ok. I've read better...hence the three stars.
Sheila
Feb 17, 2011 Sheila rated it really liked it
Shelves: read2011
I almost never read the non-first book in a series. I tend to either be confused by characters who aren't fully introduced this time around OR bored by scenes with people not germane to the book. (It's different if you fall in love with them in their own books.) This book did neither, and had an awesome, awesome heroine. Well played!
Jessi
Mar 14, 2010 Jessi rated it liked it
The third book in a trilogy, I did not read the other two books of. It was okay. Aurelia Farnham is a widow. Her husband used to work with Colonel Sir Greville as a spy. Colonel Sir Greville has been told how brave Aurelia is and he needs her help to get close to a Spanish spy. Sex and love ensue.
Amos
Oct 06, 2010 Amos rated it really liked it
of Walmart 10/2/2010 std pm 10/4/2010 finis 2 am 10/6/2010. Excellent finis to Cavendish ladies opening prospects for many tie-in followup books/series. new / novel uses for words: chintz pg 142. conge, pg. 313. cicisbeo pg. 408. tambour frame, page 424. detrop pg. 428. damask pg 448.
Sue
Jun 09, 2009 Sue rated it liked it
The third in a fun series (Cavendish Square) - three friends in early 1800's London - one book for each romance - all three husbands have interesting professions that lead to action and adventure. I like Jane Feather when I want some light reading.
Melissainau
Apr 22, 2011 Melissainau rated it it was ok
another book that is better in concept than in execution. I love the idea of spies in Regency London, love the idea that some were women. But there were too many leaps of faith & suspensions of disbelief for this reader.
Michelle
Apr 21, 2010 Michelle rated it really liked it
A great fluff piece of regency romance. Intriguing plot lines that will keepyou reading and laughing. I enjoy the author because she shows that no matter the time or the place mans' struggle to love and be loved is universal.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 14, 2015 11:00AM
  • The Virgin's Secret (Lost City, #2)
  • Never Deceive a Duke (Neville Family, #2)
  • The Bridegroom (Captive Hearts, #4)
  • Some Like It Wild (Kincaid Highland, #2)
  • Enticing the Prince (The Kazanovs, #6)
  • Don't Bargain with the Devil (School for Heiresses, #5)
  • How to Propose to a Prince (Royle Sisters, #3)
  • The Wicked Duke Takes a Wife (Boscastle, #9)
  • To Romance a Charming Rogue (Courtship Wars, #4)
  • Four In Hand (Regencies, #2)
  • Then Comes Seduction (Huxtable Quintet, #2)
  • One Night with a Spy (Royal Four, #3)
  • The Sins of Lord Easterbrook (Rothwell #4)
  • The Runaway McBride (Seers of Grampion, #1)
  • In Bed with the Duke (Governess Brides, #9)
Jane Feather was born in Cairo, Egypt, and grew up in New Forest, in the south of England. She began her highly successful career after she and her family moved to Washington D.C. in 1981. She now has over ten million books in print.

Has also written under pseudonym of Claudia Bishop (books written in 1984)
More about Jane Feather...

Cavendish Square (3 books)
  • A Wicked Gentleman (Cavendish Square, #1)
  • To Wed a Wicked Prince (Cavendish Square, #2)