Green flowers: 101 strangely seductive plants

Green flowers: 101 strangely seductive plants

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  8 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Green in the garden is at once the most common color of foliage and the rarest color found in flowers. Whether you're a home gardener looking for a jolt of freshness or a floral designer seeking inspiration, this charming collection of unexpected plants provides a palette of flowering greens for year-round display.
Combining Marie O'Hara's sumptuous photography and Alison...more
Published February 18th 2009 by Timber Press (first published January 15th 2009)

William
When I saw this book, my first impression was that the topic might be too narrow.

Incorrect.

Excellent book packed with color photos and descriptions of garden gems.

I am embarrassed by how few of these treasures I have in my own garden.

Many of them are not hardy here.

And of those that are hardy here, most are not sold by local vendors.

It encourages me to redouble my efforts to seek out valuable additions to the garden.

Hester
This book is good for photographers, gardeners, and poets. Every flower is well-photographed; he picture of "bird flower" is particularly arresting. The names of these flowers read like poetry: chocolate soldiers, love-lies-bleeding, kangaroo paw ,Texas bluebell, silk tassel bush, teasel,rose plantain, herb Paris, and rose plantain. I am left with a singular desire to smell green lavender and the green China rose.
Grok Testuser
Grok Testuser is currently reading it
Dec 13, 2013
Ann
Ann marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2013
Kelly
Kelly added it
Aug 15, 2010
Scent of Water The Scent of Water Painting Flowers & Gardens: In Watercolor and Pastel 'The Bodleian Murders' and Other Oxford Stories (OxPens Oxford Short Stories) Green Flowers: Unexpected Beauty for the Garden, Container or Vase