The Golden Tower (Warriors of Estavia, #2)

The Golden Tower (Warriors of Estavia #2)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  4 reviews
The continuation of a new fantasy series set in “a unique world where gods and spirits walk the earth along with those who worship and fear them.”(Romantic Times)

In Anavatan, the city of the Silver Lake, the Gods manifest themselves on an all-too-regular basis, and it’s hard to survive if you’re not pledged to one of the deities. Now, Brax, Spar, and Graize have discovere...more
Published November 4th 2008 by DAW Hardcover

Bad Tim
i picked up this book because its world seemed intriguing, but i liked it because i cared about its characters. the world-building here, despite raves about it in the reviews, did not impress me and sometimes detracted from the story. the plot was compelling, tho, but has that all-too-familiar fuzzy ending of the now-obligatory serial novel.

i wish authors could concentrate on writing satisfying stories instead of selling books. i guess that's why i'll never be an author. i simply don't accept th...more
Cissa
#2 in an excellent series.

I was very taken with the world-building in the first of these, and this one confirms my fascination. The gods are very real and meddlesome, and have their own agendas. Meanwhile, the mere humans have to navigate this... While still sometimes having unexpected influence.

How are gods created? This book gives an indication.

Patton does a wonderful job of making the gods real- and not at all human.

This is an excellent series, and I look forward to #3.
Mark
The city of Anavatan is home to six gods, protected by the God Wall from the wild spirits of the plains and mountains, which can kill a man if he is undefended. This second instalment sees the main characters – Brax, Graize and Spar – closer to their ultimate destiny, while also fleshing out the character of the Godling, born in the previous book. I find myself captivated by Patton’s worldbuilding and I’m going to go back to her Branion books for a re-read while I wait for the third instalment.
Heather
Stunning middle of the Warriors of Estavia trilogy. No second-book slump here!
LukeVonCastiel
LukeVonCastiel marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
Tomas Guadiana
Tomas Guadiana marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2013
Kithica
Kithica marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2013
Mpauli
Mpauli marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2013
Wolfread
Wolfread marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2013
Lisadees
Lisadees marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2013
Steven West
Steven West marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2013
Eve Bollin
Eve Bollin marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2013
Irinak
Irinak marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2013
TallWillow
TallWillow marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2013
snurp
snurp added it
Mar 29, 2013
Hestia
Hestia marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2013
Mike
Mike added it
Feb 18, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Fiona lives in rural Ontario with her wife, Tanya Huff. She currently works as a counselor for the developmentally handicapped.
More about Fiona Patton...
The Stone Prince (Branion, #1) The Painter Knight (Branion, #2) The Granite Shield (Branion, #3) The Golden Sword (Branion, #4) The Silver Lake (Warriors of Estavia, #1)