Who Made the Moon?: A Father Explores How Faith and Science Agree

Who Made the Moon?: A Father Explores How Faith and Science Agree

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Prepare yourself for questions every parent or friend of a searcher must answer. As bestselling author Sigmund Brouwer began to hear more and more questions about creation from his growing daughters, he realized that the issue could easily turn them away from developing faith in God. Was he going to stand by and let them wrestle alone with widely asserted contradictions be...more
Published September 2nd 2008 by Thomas Nelson Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Who Made the Moon?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who Made the Moon?

Mark
This should be required reading for pretty much every Christian parent… seriously. The author, Sigmund Brouwer, honestly struggles with cosmology systems, anthropic principles, the history of those in power marginalizing those who are not (in earlier centuries: the Church; today: the scientific establishment), and gracefully & thoughtfully dealing with reconciling faith & science.

My guess is that some people will be highly offended by things he has to say, even though he is extraordinari...more
Jason
Feb 02, 2011 Jason rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Spiritual searchers
This book was presented to me, by my father, whom I believe was potentially concerned about me and my new child's eternal damnation. Mainly due to the fact that he was well aware of my low opinion of monotheisms. The author attempts to reconcile science with tenants of Christianity is his effort to answer his daughter's questions about the moon's beginning and other challenges to his family's chosen faith.

Much of the science that Brouwer relies on comes from other sources, especially 'The Scienc...more
John Besancon
Not a bad book, but definitely not what I anticipated. I would certainly not put this book in with the parenting / fatherhood books, but it was interesting and presented some good ideas. more of a reconciliation of science and religion book, if that piques your interest.
Chuck Shrader
Chuck Shrader marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Charlotte Hood odom
Charlotte Hood odom is currently reading it
Jul 24, 2014
Missy
Missy marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Laura Calverley
Laura Calverley marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Renae
Renae marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2014
Sherry
Sherry marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2013
Norm Leach
Norm Leach marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2013
JILL
JILL added it
May 28, 2013
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
May 12, 2013
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2013
Shobha Nagaraj
Shobha Nagaraj marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2012
Crystal
Crystal is currently reading it
Dec 02, 2012
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2012
Kendra Paulienne
Kendra Paulienne marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2012
Virginia Kindrick
Virginia Kindrick marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2012
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2012
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2012
Marie Friesen
Marie Friesen marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2012
Sigmund is married to songwriter recording artist Cindy Morgan. The couple and their two young daughters divide their time between Red Deer, Alberta and Nashville, Tennessee. He loves going to schools to get kids excited about reading, reaching roughly 80,000 students a year through his Rock&Roll Literacy Show.
More about Sigmund Brouwer...
Wings of Dawn Broken Angel (Caitlyn Brown, #1) Devil's Pass (Seven, #6) The Canary List Oxygen Level Zero (Mars Diaries, #1)