Start by marking “Spiritual Initiation and the Breakthrough of Consciousness: The Bond of Power” as Want to Read:
Spiritual Initiation and the Breakthrough of Consciousness: The Bond of Power

Spiritual Initiation and the Breakthrough of Consciousness: The Bond of Power

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  19 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews

Explains the phenomenon of shaktipat, the spiritual transmission of power from a teacher to a devotee

• Shows how technology has eroded personal power and how insight and awareness can play a higher role in our lives

• Reveals how insight is the vehicle for profound self-transformation

Shakti is the creative force, the bonding power, that holds the universe together. Shaktipa

Paperback, 1st edition, 179 pages
Published July 23rd 2003 by Park Street Press (first published 1981)

Be the first to ask a question about Spiritual Initiation and the Breakthrough of Consciousness

Mag
I read it as a part of learning about yogic view of consciousness. Too bad I learned halfway through the book how discredited Baba Muktananda- Pearce's guru- was. It was interesting anyway, with Bohm's theory of enfolding/unfolding holonomic/holographic universe, and the discussion of shakti and shaktipat.
In the end, I haven't finished it, so I am not going to rate it.
Ryan Kovacsik
Mar 19, 2015 Ryan Kovacsik rated it liked it
I consider myself a spiritual person with an open mind, and I generally like writing of this nature, just as I do other philosophy and spiritual books and texts. I have always been a seeker, looking for deeper truths, and anything that might help me understand what is possible for humans in terms of psychological and spiritual growth. What are we capable of and where are we going? Are we evolving, and to what end? What can we do to facilitate positive growth in ourselves?

I like this book, as I l
Dave Dunniway
Mar 07, 2009 Dave Dunniway rated it it was ok
Not a bad book, but the writing style really bogged down the premise... heavy intellectual prose. I enjoy my spiritual wisdom down to earth and simple, not pontificated all elder university professor like. But the themes introduced in the book were interesting... mainly that true creative inspiration and genius is an evolutionary energy charge directed by the core intelligence of the universe (or what some might call God, though the intelligence doesn't have a projected personality that is a com ...more
Stewart
May 01, 2008 Stewart rated it really liked it
This book is in some way a followup to Pearce's "Crack in the Cosmic Egg," both looking at consciousness and its ability to create the world we experience. There is a chapter on creativity, which I thought especially valuable. It's a book I will have to read again.
Justin
There are some beneficial things in this book (especially some of the stories of individual spiritual experiences as they related to kundalini), but I struggled with some of the author's intellectualizations.
James Abro
Mar 06, 2013 James Abro rated it it was amazing
Excellent book about shaktipat diksha and it's role in human evolution.
Chad
Chad rated it liked it
Sep 23, 2016
Steff Schultz
Steff Schultz marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Elizabeth Campbell
Elizabeth Campbell marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2016
Grant
Grant added it
Mar 20, 2016
Syanna
Syanna marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016
Chris Craddock
Chris Craddock marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Marc A
Marc A marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Jeremy
Jeremy added it
Jan 17, 2016
Bella
Bella marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
Eclectic Affect
Eclectic Affect marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2015
Jennifer M. Kolikoff
Jennifer M. Kolikoff marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2015
Rodney
Rodney marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2015
Jacquelyn
Jacquelyn marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2015
Mounir Bashour
Mounir Bashour marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2015
Marion Keller
Marion Keller rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2015
Miraze
Miraze marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2015
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2015
Charles
Charles marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Lauriek
Lauriek marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Rande Moss
Rande Moss marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
Judy Corona
Judy Corona rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2014
Nichole
Nichole marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Todd Lemire
Todd Lemire rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
For nearly half a century Joseph C. Pearce, who prefers to be known simply as Joe, has been probing the mysteries of the human mind. One of his overriding passions remains the study of what he calls the "unfolding" of intelligence in children. He is a self-avowed iconoclast, unafraid to speak out against the myriad ways in which contemporary American culture fails to nurture the intellectual, emot ...more
More about Joseph Chilton Pearce...