Start by marking “Spiritual Initiation and the Breakthrough of Consciousness: The Bond of Power” as Want to Read:
Spiritual Initiation and the Breakthrough of Consciousness: The Bond of Power

Spiritual Initiation and the Breakthrough of Consciousness: The Bond of Power

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  19 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews

Explains the phenomenon of shaktipat, the spiritual transmission of power from a teacher to a devotee

• Shows how technology has eroded personal power and how insight and awareness can play a higher role in our lives

• Reveals how insight is the vehicle for profound self-transformation

Shakti is the creative force, the bonding power, that holds the universe together. Shaktipa

Paperback, 1st edition, 179 pages
Published July 23rd 2003 by Park Street Press (first published 1981)

Be the first to ask a question about Spiritual Initiation and the Breakthrough of Consciousness

Mag
I read it as a part of learning about yogic view of consciousness. Too bad I learned halfway through the book how discredited Baba Muktananda- Pearce's guru- was. It was interesting anyway, with Bohm's theory of enfolding/unfolding holonomic/holographic universe, and the discussion of shakti and shaktipat.
In the end, I haven't finished it, so I am not going to rate it.
Ryan Kovacsik
Mar 19, 2015 Ryan Kovacsik rated it liked it
I consider myself a spiritual person with an open mind, and I generally like writing of this nature, just as I do other philosophy and spiritual books and texts. I have always been a seeker, looking for deeper truths, and anything that might help me understand what is possible for humans in terms of psychological and spiritual growth. What are we capable of and where are we going? Are we evolving, and to what end? What can we do to facilitate positive growth in ourselves?

I like this book, as I l
Dave Dunniway
Mar 07, 2009 Dave Dunniway rated it it was ok
Not a bad book, but the writing style really bogged down the premise... heavy intellectual prose. I enjoy my spiritual wisdom down to earth and simple, not pontificated all elder university professor like. But the themes introduced in the book were interesting... mainly that true creative inspiration and genius is an evolutionary energy charge directed by the core intelligence of the universe (or what some might call God, though the intelligence doesn't have a projected personality that is a com ...more
Stewart
May 01, 2008 Stewart rated it really liked it
This book is in some way a followup to Pearce's "Crack in the Cosmic Egg," both looking at consciousness and its ability to create the world we experience. There is a chapter on creativity, which I thought especially valuable. It's a book I will have to read again.
Justin
There are some beneficial things in this book (especially some of the stories of individual spiritual experiences as they related to kundalini), but I struggled with some of the author's intellectualizations.
Cris
Cris rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2009
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2009
Adwaith
Adwaith rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2013
James Abro
Mar 06, 2013 James Abro rated it it was amazing
Excellent book about shaktipat diksha and it's role in human evolution.
David Hull
David Hull rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2013
Roy
Roy rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2008
Todd Lemire
Todd Lemire rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2014
Lynn Slowden
Lynn Slowden rated it liked it
Nov 18, 2012
Chad
Chad rated it liked it
Sep 23, 2016
Barb
Barb rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2013
Judy Corona
Judy Corona rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2014
Marion Keller
Marion Keller rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2015
John Stockton
John Stockton rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2010
Shashank Singh
Shashank Singh rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2015
Kytka Hilmar-Jezek
Kytka Hilmar-Jezek rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2011
Ben Gruagach
Ben Gruagach marked it as to-read
May 23, 2008
Caroline
Caroline marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2008
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2009
Garrett Dunnington
Garrett Dunnington marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2010
Yvette
Yvette marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2010
Blythe
Blythe marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2010
Sylvin
Sylvin added it
Jun 09, 2011
mauroo
mauroo marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2011
Nov 18, 2011
Libby
Libby added it
Jul 20, 2012
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2012
Robb Lejuwaan
Robb Lejuwaan marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2012
Brita
Brita marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2013
Deborah
Deborah marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2013
Dina Ivanovskaia
Dina Ivanovskaia marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2013
Jenea
Jenea marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2013
Vinaay Kalia
Vinaay Kalia marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2013
Godwin
Godwin marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2013
Rachel
Rachel is currently reading it
Aug 20, 2013
Raven Hill
Raven Hill marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2013
Jordan
Jordan marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2013
Hunter Lappen
Hunter Lappen marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2013
Michael Erwin
Michael Erwin marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
For nearly half a century Joseph C. Pearce, who prefers to be known simply as Joe, has been probing the mysteries of the human mind. One of his overriding passions remains the study of what he calls the "unfolding" of intelligence in children. He is a self-avowed iconoclast, unafraid to speak out against the myriad ways in which contemporary American culture fails to nurture the intellectual, emot ...more
More about Joseph Chilton Pearce...