Getting Lost: Mishaps of an Accidental Nomad

Getting Lost: Mishaps of an Accidental Nomad

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  6 reviews
"When you travel, things go wrong." That might not sound like uplifting advice, but in this hilarious collection of stories about mishaps in faraway places, award winning humorist Dave Fox proves otherwise. At age eight, Dave moves to England and nearly starts a riot in Northern Africa. As a nerdy teenager, he smuggles illegal radio equipment into Finland on his way to spe...more
Published June 1st 2006 by Authorhouse (first published 2006)

Andrew
As a professional tour guide, Dave Fox’s travel philosophy (articulated on page 7) is “When you travel, things go wrong.” Not that he necessarily thinks that this is a bad thing...on the contrary, it is often exactly when things go wrong during a trip that we learn the most about the places we visit. And the entire point of traveling is to learn about other places and other people.

This book is a memoir of the author’s earliest travel experiences, which helped lead him on the path that ended with...more
Lori Anderson
Absolutely hilarious! This is a guy I'd love to swap travel stories with. Thanks, Book Club, for introducing this book!

Highly recommended.

Lori Anderson

Blog
Shop
Facebook
Book Blog
Shane
Bit of a laugh this book. I bought it along with the Journalling book by the same author. Nice and easy to read. Sounds like he had fun!
Sheridan

This book had my laughing from start to finish. I've been reading stories to my friends. Dave Fox is a great humor writer.
Marcela
I like his way of telling his stories. Humorous and enticing at the same time. He always makes me want to travel more
Brandon Barney
Jul 07, 2008 Brandon Barney rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Brandon by: My Mother
A great read for anyone who has ever gone abroad, or wishes to.
Sue Kapcoe
Sue Kapcoe marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Bbeier
Bbeier marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2013
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2012
Sue Kooiman
Sue Kooiman marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2012
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2012
Tamara
Tamara marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2012
Rebecca Fox
Rebecca Fox marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2012
Dee Ann
Dee Ann marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2012
Valerie LeComte
Valerie LeComte marked it as to-read
May 02, 2012
Carol
Carol added it
Dec 06, 2011
Gretchen Taylor
Gretchen Taylor marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2011
Globejotting: How to Write Extraordinary Travel Journals (and Still Have Time to Enjoy Your Trip!) Haunted What KInd Of Dog Is That? Loster! - Hilarious Travel Tales Rescued from the Elusive First Edition of "Getting Lost" Bristol Football Club (Rfu)