Start by marking “Booty Nomad” as Want to Read:
Booty Nomad

Booty Nomad

3.47  ·  Rating Details  ·  150 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
What do you do when youve finished with the love of your life? David's a mess. He doesnt know how to get over his ex, the Eater of Souls. He's tried traditional methods, such as sleeping with a co-worker and looking at his female friends in a new light. He's even tried talking to his parents -- only to discover that theyre definitely having a lot more sex than he is right ...more
Published June 21st 2006 by Miramax Books (first published February 4th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Booty Nomad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Booty Nomad

Richard Kunzmann
Apr 13, 2009 Richard Kunzmann rated it really liked it
Novelists like Helen Fielding and Kathy Lette introduced us to post-modernist women, successful at work, somewhat neurotic, looking for love, sex and a chance to escape the rat race. Chic Lit was born and men were left high and dry as the girls stayed home to have serious fun in bed … with a book or television show. At first men scoffed and huffed as they reached for the remote control and another chilled beer – Chick Lit was yet another of those incomprehensible things women do. Then the metros ...more
Karen
Jul 29, 2011 Karen rated it it was ok
And so from 19th century chauvinism to Noughties chauvinism in one fell swoop. I'm not averse to 'd**k-lit' - Hornby, Parsons, even Gayle - but this is proof positive that a good stand-up comic does not necessarily make a good novelist. Actually, I've never heard of the guy, so have no evidence that he's even a good stand-up. It's all a bit ADHD; the rapid-fire one-liners don't really translate well to the page, and there is no narrative impetus to speak of.
Amanda
Aug 18, 2011 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cheeky-delight
I picked this book up because I read a few pages of Big Happy, another of the author's novels, and enjoyed it before foolishly lending it to someone. Also, the title is funny. OK, the title is hilarious and it was hard not to giggle while taking it to the counter to check out.

I was really surprised how much I enjoyed this book. It was a interesting look at the inner life of what seems to be a pretty regular guy in his late 20's. He realizes he hates his job and the One has become an Eater of So
Phillipa
Apr 03, 2014 Phillipa rated it it was ok
Meh. It's kinda fun and a completely inconsequential read. Ideal plane-or-holiday-fodder!
Linda
Dec 17, 2012 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, I'm clearing my shelves of library discards. I had picked this up for my husband, but he wasn't interested, so I read it.

This is in the genre of whatever the male equivalent of chick-lit is. It focuses mainly on the protagonist's relationships, including the one with himself. The cast is colorful, and the characters are well-developed and likeable. Twenty-somethings, the main characters are all looking for something, but aren't really sure what it is. The minor actors are a hoot, and it's
Deborah Burnside
May 11, 2012 Deborah Burnside rated it it was ok
The inside cover reviews promised I'd "laugh out loud" and I did...this is beach holiday reading, something you won't mind if you left by the pool, and funny? Well, YES. The characters are a wee bit shallow for me though, I liked them, laughed at and with them but... Bought at Tauranga airport's book table because it looked the most interesting. It probably was.
Katherine Tomlinson
Apr 14, 2011 Katherine Tomlinson rated it liked it
There are some funny things in this book, individual scenes that really work, plus the running gag of the phone calls from the Eater of Souls, but ultimately this reads like yet another Friends knockoff about aimless people in New York looking for love and something more than a paycheck.
Sylia
Oct 17, 2011 Sylia rated it it was amazing
This is seriously the funniest book I have ever read. It was my first time laughing out loud while reading on the train. Imagine how stupid I felt, but it was so worth it.
I loved the characters, the conversation, I could relate to them.

And P.S. I'm a girl.
Jacob
Apr 10, 2009 Jacob rated it it was ok

I can't relate with blandly self-destructive middle-class blokes who feel sorry for themselves when a relationship doesn't work out, and create drama when they can't cope with the fall out from their choices.

This gets two stars for the soup joke.
Leslie
Jan 02, 2009 Leslie rated it did not like it
crappy post-gen x book about twentysomething dating, written by someone obviously well beyond his twenties. i couldnt put down the trainwreck, it got worse and worse. bad metaphor led to bad stereotype led to bad simile, repeat.
Jess
Jan 09, 2012 Jess rated it really liked it
Not bad - another book I was putting off reading. I got some great quotes from it, and did in fact, lol.
Tori
Jul 25, 2011 Tori added it
2008- Sot of a ""guy-lit"" book. Had its funny moments, but I thought it went on too long.
Ross
May 25, 2007 Ross rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one
A friend recommended this book and I thought it stunk. What a piece of hot sewage.
Tuck
Jun 01, 2008 Tuck rated it it was amazing
This is one of the funniest books I have read in years. I could not stop laughing!
Arthur
Jul 29, 2010 Arthur rated it it was amazing
The most entertaining book I've ever read. Ever. Definitely a "guy" book.
Janet
Dec 19, 2007 Janet rated it liked it
I listened on tape and it was pretty good. About a 3 1/2 stars.
Richard Mulholland
Fucking awesome debut
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Ian Donnelly
Ian Donnelly marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Sarah Granger
Sarah Granger marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2016
Julie Castro
Julie Castro marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
Jerome Irish
Jerome Irish marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Marta
Marta marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2015
Scarlett
Scarlett marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2015
Leighanne Main
Leighanne Main marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2015
Lana Shkak
Lana Shkak marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2015
Austen
Austen marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
Tiffany Hnat
Tiffany Hnat rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2015
Marc Julian
Marc Julian rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2015
Maygen Fulton
Maygen Fulton rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2015
  • A Heroine of the World
  • Final Venture
  • The Little White Car
  • The Manservant
  • Armies of Light and Dark (Babylon 5: Legions of Fire, #2)
  • Decision Maker (Anniversary of the Veil, Book 2)
  • The Silver Token
Scott Mebus is American novelist, composer and playwright

He has written two adult novels, Booty Nomad and The Big Happy, as well asthe children's urban fantasy series "Gods of Manhattan".
More about Scott Mebus...