Start by marking “Booty Nomad” as Want to Read:
Booty Nomad

Booty Nomad

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  137 ratings  ·  17 reviews
What do you do when youve finished with the love of your life? David's a mess. He doesnt know how to get over his ex, the Eater of Souls. He's tried traditional methods, such as sleeping with a co-worker and looking at his female friends in a new light. He's even tried talking to his parents -- only to discover that theyre definitely having a lot more sex than he is right ...more
Published June 21st 2006 by Miramax Books (first published February 4th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Booty Nomad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Booty Nomad

Richard Kunzmann
Novelists like Helen Fielding and Kathy Lette introduced us to post-modernist women, successful at work, somewhat neurotic, looking for love, sex and a chance to escape the rat race. Chic Lit was born and men were left high and dry as the girls stayed home to have serious fun in bed … with a book or television show. At first men scoffed and huffed as they reached for the remote control and another chilled beer – Chick Lit was yet another of those incomprehensible things women do. Then the metros ...more
Karen
And so from 19th century chauvinism to Noughties chauvinism in one fell swoop. I'm not averse to 'd**k-lit' - Hornby, Parsons, even Gayle - but this is proof positive that a good stand-up comic does not necessarily make a good novelist. Actually, I've never heard of the guy, so have no evidence that he's even a good stand-up. It's all a bit ADHD; the rapid-fire one-liners don't really translate well to the page, and there is no narrative impetus to speak of.
Amanda
I picked this book up because I read a few pages of Big Happy, another of the author's novels, and enjoyed it before foolishly lending it to someone. Also, the title is funny. OK, the title is hilarious and it was hard not to giggle while taking it to the counter to check out.

I was really surprised how much I enjoyed this book. It was a interesting look at the inner life of what seems to be a pretty regular guy in his late 20's. He realizes he hates his job and the One has become an Eater of So
Phillipa
Meh. It's kinda fun and a completely inconsequential read. Ideal plane-or-holiday-fodder!
Linda
Well, I'm clearing my shelves of library discards. I had picked this up for my husband, but he wasn't interested, so I read it.

This is in the genre of whatever the male equivalent of chick-lit is. It focuses mainly on the protagonist's relationships, including the one with himself. The cast is colorful, and the characters are well-developed and likeable. Twenty-somethings, the main characters are all looking for something, but aren't really sure what it is. The minor actors are a hoot, and it's
Deborah Burnside
The inside cover reviews promised I'd "laugh out loud" and I did...this is beach holiday reading, something you won't mind if you left by the pool, and funny? Well, YES. The characters are a wee bit shallow for me though, I liked them, laughed at and with them but... Bought at Tauranga airport's book table because it looked the most interesting. It probably was.
Katherine Tomlinson
There are some funny things in this book, individual scenes that really work, plus the running gag of the phone calls from the Eater of Souls, but ultimately this reads like yet another Friends knockoff about aimless people in New York looking for love and something more than a paycheck.
Sylia
This is seriously the funniest book I have ever read. It was my first time laughing out loud while reading on the train. Imagine how stupid I felt, but it was so worth it.
I loved the characters, the conversation, I could relate to them.

And P.S. I'm a girl.
Jacob

I can't relate with blandly self-destructive middle-class blokes who feel sorry for themselves when a relationship doesn't work out, and create drama when they can't cope with the fall out from their choices.

This gets two stars for the soup joke.
Leslie
crappy post-gen x book about twentysomething dating, written by someone obviously well beyond his twenties. i couldnt put down the trainwreck, it got worse and worse. bad metaphor led to bad stereotype led to bad simile, repeat.
Jess
Not bad - another book I was putting off reading. I got some great quotes from it, and did in fact, lol.
Tori
Jul 25, 2011 Tori added it
2008- Sot of a ""guy-lit"" book. Had its funny moments, but I thought it went on too long.
Ross
May 25, 2007 Ross rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: No one
A friend recommended this book and I thought it stunk. What a piece of hot sewage.
Tuck
This is one of the funniest books I have read in years. I could not stop laughing!
Arthur
The most entertaining book I've ever read. Ever. Definitely a "guy" book.
Janet
I listened on tape and it was pretty good. About a 3 1/2 stars.
Andy
Andy added it
Sep 17, 2014
Bert
Bert marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
  • The Burglar Diaries
  • Legend of the Worst Boy in the World
  • Bill the Conqueror
  • Dragonfriend: Leonard the Great, Book One
  • Out of the Darkness (Babylon 5: Legions of Fire, #3)
  • Immortal Reborn: Arianna's Choice (Children of Angels, #1)
  • The First $20 Million Is Always the Hardest
  • Sleeping Cruelty
  • Decision Maker (Anniversary of the Veil, Book 2)
  • More Than You Can Say
  • Beyond the Veil
  • Apocalypso
  • Politics
Scott Mebus is American novelist, composer and playwright

He has written two adult novels, Booty Nomad and The Big Happy, as well asthe children's urban fantasy series "Gods of Manhattan".
More about Scott Mebus...
Gods of Manhattan (Gods of Manhattan, #1) Spirits in the Park (Gods of Manhattan, #2) The Sorcerer's Secret (Gods of Manhattan, #3) The Big Happy