Start by marking “We Don't Die” as Want to Read:
We Don't Die

We Don't Die

4.21  ·  Rating Details  ·  466 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
This is the phenomenal true story of the world-renowned psychic medium George Anderson—the groundbreaking book that first brought afterlife experience into the light. For over 12 years Joel Martin documented evidence of Anderson's powers—the ability to reach 'the other side'—and repeatedly astonished believers and skeptics. This is the book of those universal visions, the ...more
Published August 6th 2002 by Berkley (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about We Don't Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about We Don't Die

Scotti
Jul 22, 2011 Scotti rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone grieving a loss or interested in the "other side"
Recommended to Scotti by: Close friend
A good friend brought me this book a few months after my daughter passed away, almost five years ago. I have since bought used copies at about six at a time and most always have one on hand when anyone I know, or meet, has to go through a tragic loss. It has blessed me with new possibilities and I have great respect for George Anderson. I have now read many of his books.
Beth
May 10, 2008 Beth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: recent-reads
Lots of accounts of spirits coming through and leaving juicy little profound nuggets of what life is like on the other side of the glass - the good work continues, without temptation - i cried a few tears every day with the revelations - and have a new understanding
Cathryn McIntyre
First read this years ago. A classic in after death communication. Long before John Edward and James Van Praagh were known there was George Anderson. This book features his life and gifts in communicating with those in spirit. Highly recommend.
Heather
May 18, 2011 Heather rated it it was amazing
This book is absolutely fascinating. I had heard of George Anderson and his ability to communicate with the dead several years ago when I was interviewing a woman who had lost her son to suicide. She had visited Anderson and had a personal experience with him that brought her great comfort in her grief. I finally got around to researching him myself by reading this book. Anderson is probably the most convincing medium I have ever researched.
Ana
May 02, 2008 Ana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this is the first book I ever read about the life of a psychic and what we know about the afterlife. Having lost my dad 14 years earlier, it definitely gave me hope that my dad was actually "alive" and was aware of things happening in this plane, like my two oldest children being born.
Andrea Nicole
Nov 03, 2011 Andrea Nicole rated it liked it
While definitely an interesting read, I found myself skipping through some of the latter "reads". However, I found the Q&A in the last chapter interesting. Bottom line, whether you agree or not, there is life in the hereafter!
Avel Rudenko
This is the best book on the after life that I have ever read. After reading this book, I am no longer afraid of dying, I realize that this is just the beginning, that we live on forever. George Anderson has an exceptional gift. Anyone who has ever lost a loved one should read this book...it gives definite hope that our loved ones are still with us. If you ever had a fear of death, if you've ever wondered about a loved one who passed away, please read this book. George Anderson will give comfort ...more
Ineburbur
Jul 28, 2014 Ineburbur rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Critical on the Husband Wife Critical Worries

No simply being is perfect on this earth and everybody comes along with some destructive and good areas. One particular will need to acknowledge another mate with both the artifacts and emphasis on his / her beneficial facets as those from the unfavourable ones. But, from time to time, the negative points in the other mates are usually not whatsoever ignorable and it makes length in them. The conflicts on the relation of partner wife needs to be solve
Thy Anonymous
Nov 13, 2013 Thy Anonymous rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“At the 1986 reading George delivered to Barbara the following message from David: “I got a new job. I’m counseling young people who cross over.” He explained that he made the decision to do this and that all of the family’s and friends’ prayers had helped him to grow on the other side. Toward the end, he joked, “I earned my wings.” pg. 173.
This made me laugh out loud, I loved this part. Very nice book, changed a lot of the ways I viewed the afterlife.
Lisa
Mar 15, 2010 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
VERY interesting book about communicating with the dead. Could be that I'm very gullible, but I want to believe George Anderson and his "gift". From what's reported in here, Anderson is accurate with his confirmations about the dead people he's communicating with. He verifies information about the dead without knowing anything about the person he's "talking" with. Makes me want to contact him to see if he can talk with any of my dead loved ones.
Sheri Meshal
Sep 24, 2012 Sheri Meshal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've given this book away more times than I can count. It's not meant to be kept. it's meant to be shared.
Leigh
Apr 22, 2007 Leigh rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: spiritual
This book is great. Even the most cynical skeptic of the afterlife will find this useful and uplifting.
Mar 28, 2007 Sarah rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: someone who has just experience death
Whether or not you believe in life after death this book made it seem real.
Pattik
Sep 24, 2008 Pattik rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
one of my first books by a psychic medium - very good
Gabriella Alexandra
I am very happy I read this book. It is about the psychic medium George Anderson, who can communicate with those who have passed over. George argues that no one really dies- they just move to another plane that is parallel to our earthly plane. The author shares various recorded transcripts of George's sessions with those who have lost loved ones. In these meetings, George shares astoundingly precise details. It is almost obvious that he is receiving messages from the "other side"! This is a com ...more
Ashley
Dec 20, 2015 Ashley marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
#
Own in paperback.
NC

FS: "In the United States a person dies every sixteen seconds - or doesn't die."

LS: "Nonetheless, partially as a result of his and other' work, the near-death experience and research into discarnate survival have been rescued from the Twilight Zone and are currently being considered by researchers in a wide range of fields."
Jody Holden
Aug 12, 2014 Jody Holden rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this book. His story of how his spiritual gift affected him growing up. Loved the stories of the readings. Glad it included how the scientific method was applied to this phenomena and comparisons of different forms of communicating with spirits. Also felt like I got to know George as a person and I liked his matter of fact style.
Lorraine
Smoothing

Smoothing

I choose this rating because it sooth me at the time of my husband's illness
I didn't care for all the details as much as the stories themself got a little humdrum saying the same thing over and over or I would of gave it a 5 star.
Shirley
Apr 15, 2014 Shirley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A true eye-opener especially if you have lost someone very close to you ,why can't we continue to communicate? I look forward to reading more of this author's books very comforting
Cathy
A very interesting look into the early career of psychic medium George Anderson. A bit redundant at times but still well worth the read.
Coco
Apr 01, 2009 Coco rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As with Anderson's book Our Children Are Forever, this one can be very comforting for those who are grieving, depending upon one's mindset. If you are curious and have an open mind, it's an interesting read and I really liked learning the reasons George attributes for his psychic abilities. Having known two people who had readings by George, I know he has some sort of ability to be spot on, so that made me even more fascinated by him. It's a book that will leave you wondering and it made me feel ...more
Sue
Jun 03, 2014 Sue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not much new here, but entertaining and well-written . . . I haven't flown through a book so quickly since Out on a Limb {Shirley MacLaine}.

Seems like a research paper (extensive bibliography), mentioning Ruth Montgomery, Edgar Cayce and many more, combined with the author's personal interaction in a quest to possibly debunk George's abilities.

So much energy wasted on convincing the know-nothings; that was draining. Just get to it.
Suzanne
This is my third book about psychic mediums to help me understand how they communicate with our loved ones who are no longer in their physical bodies but are very much still with us. George's journey was very intersting and his readings very comforting. I found the Q&A in the last chapter very interesting to understand how he communicates and what he thinks of his gift. Bottom line, whether you agree or not, there is life in the hereafter!
Andrea Gutierrez
A very good book...if its just from the beginning. The only thing I didn't like about this book is the way that different stories were being told by different people who have encountered George but have the same process and method by which these people have encountered him. I just seems too...tedious.
Vrinda Pendred
Aug 09, 2011 Vrinda Pendred rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, fantasy
I found it interesting, and he could perhaps be psychic, but I definitely do not believe he was communicating with the dead. I found it astounding how they mentioned he heard voices and had all those emotional difficulties...yet casually said 'but it definitely wasn't schizophrenia' - oh? why not?
Debra
May 17, 2012 Debra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting book about death, mediums, and religion. I got bogged down a few times when science was discussed as this was not my area of interest on the subject of mediums.
John
Apr 21, 2008 John rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to John by: My Father
This book made me cry several times. I read it after seeing George Anderson on a show about unexplained mysteries. Profoundly interesting material.
Amy
Oct 07, 2012 Amy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was recommended to me, decided to read it out of curiosity. Still skeptical and unsure; you can't believe everything you read.
Lindy Duree
Nov 28, 2011 Lindy Duree rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am not sure I agree/understand/believe everything in this book. It did help me some with my grief after I lost my Mom and Dad.
Wendy Seles Shelton
Whether you believe in comunication with those who have passed or not, it's an enlightening read.
  • George Anderson's Lessons from the Light: Extraordinary Messages of Comfort and Hope from the Other Side
  • One Last Time
  • Reaching to Heaven
  • The Afterlife Experiments: Breakthrough Scientific Evidence of Life After Death
  • The Light Beyond: The extraordinary sequel to the classic Life After Life
  • Hello from Heaven: A New Field of Research-After-Death Communication Confirms That Life and Love Are Eternal
  • Sage-ing While Age-ing
  • Messages: Signs, Visits, and Premonitions from Loved Ones Lost on 9/11
  • I Never Believed in Ghosts Until . . .
  • Soul's Perfection (Journey of the Soul, #2)
  • The Eagle and the Rose: A Remarkable True Story
  • Inside the Other Side: Soul Contracts, Life Lessons, and How Dead People Help Us, Between Here and Heaven
  • When Ghosts Speak: Understanding the World of Earthbound Spirits
  • Many Mansions: The Edgar Cayce Story on Reincarnation
  • Saved by the Light: The True Story of a Man Who Died Twice and the Profound Revelations He Received
  • On Life After Death