Die For Me (Romantic Suspense, #7)

Die For Me (Daniel Vartanian #1)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  6,210 ratings  ·  287 reviews
COME TO ME

The first victim is found in a snow-covered Philadelphia field. Detective Vito Ciccotelli enlists the aid of archaeologist Sophie Johannsen to determine exactly what lies beneath the frozen ground. Despite years of unearthing things long buried, nothing can prepare Sophie for the matrix of graves dug with chilling precision. The victims buried there haunt her. Bu...more
Published September 1st 2007 by Vision (first published 2007)

Mr. Perfect by Linda HowardHard Evidence by Pamela ClareUnlawful Contact by Pamela ClareAfter the Night by Linda HowardExtreme Exposure by Pamela Clare
Best Romantic Suspense
48th out of 1,216 books — 1,589 voters
Conjuring Darkness by Melanie  JamesA Summer Love by Melanie  JamesCornered Coyote by Dianne HarmanSpellbound in His Arms by Angel SeferUnthinkable Consequences by Bob Rector
Romantic Suspense Full of Action
14th out of 537 books — 761 voters

More lists with this book...

Tammy
If you were to google "creepy killer" "medievel torture" or "tension filled suspense", you are sure to come across this series at some point in your search.

Karen Rose is a brand new author to me (thank you Auntee and Isis for the recommendation!). I literally could not put this book down after I cracked the cover and ended up finishing it in record time. The interesting subplots, twists and unexpected turns held my attention until the very end. And then I lay awake all night with visions of a c...more
Jonetta
Quick Summary
It all started to unravel when a man stumbles upon a killer's graveyard only because his wife thought he needed exercise. By the time Sophie Johannsen, a local archeologist, finished her analysis, the body count was outrageous. Detective Vito Ciccotelli (Chick) had his hands full and not just with solving the case.

The mystery/suspense?
Utterly chilling. This was one of the most twisted serial killers ever. Woke up at 4:00 am because I just had to make sure they got him before he off...more
Zeek
Die For Me has received almost unanimous 5 star reviews from everyone whose read it that I know personally. I'm gonna have to add mine to it. Well written, extremely well plotted without sacrificing one ounce of character development- Ms. Rose is an author to watch!

She must be, considering the fact I'm almost fed up with the serial killer/stalker plot. In fact, I almost put DFM down soon after I started it because of this, but the intriguing characters and my curiosity about them kept me going.

S...more
Christa
Die For Me was another winner by Karen Rose. This book was filled with suspense and had a touching romance as well. The hero and heroine both have unresolved issues from their pasts that they help each other confront. They are both very likeable characters, and I appreciated the way that they did not fight their feelings for one another. The villain was truly evil and the descriptions of his handiwork were quite gruesome. As with the other Karen Rose books I have read, this was an intense, engro...more
Filipa
Este livro é de uma autora que infelizmente foi abandonada em Portugal.
Tem este livro traduzido cá como: "Morre por mim" e o segundo "Scream for me" como: "Grita por mim", ambos traduzidos pela Bertrand.
Depois, tem mais uns títulos traduzidos pela Círculo de leitores que já não são fáceis de encontrar.

Gostei muito deste livro e não contava lê-lo tão depressa. Então a Cata (do blogue páginas encadernadas) ia ler este mês e disse-me se queria fazer parte da leitura conjunta que ela ia fazer mais...more
Lisa Kay
★★★★★ Very well narrated by Tavia Gilbert; I’ll look for books narrated by her again. A fabulous crime-mystery that still manages to have a great romance within; amazing secondary characters; pleasant epilogue. Be warned, the serial killer is really diabolically evil.
ElaineY
REVIEW OF AUDIOBOOK; MAY 2013: MISSION ABORTED
Narrator: Talia Gilbert

I tried but I couldn't listen to more than a couple of pages. It's hard to tell from just a sample at times. Gilbert reads fine but I find high female voices unpleasant to the ear (it's my ears, other people don't have a problem). I thought I'd give this audio a chance, that as long as it's well-narrated, I'll be okay with it but I'm not.

I'll still check out KR's other books by other narrators, though. I might find one female...more
Verovsky Brandão
Margo Kelly
This is one of those covers that scares readers like me away. I almost didn't read the book because of the cover.

This is the first Karen Rose book I've read and I enjoyed it. I would have given it five stars, but three things bothered me. 1. It used the "f" word too much. 2. There was one sex scene, and it was peculiar. The guy scolded the woman after their first "time" together and later referred to how he was "teaching" her in that area. I didn't like that at all. 3. The character development...more
Jane Stewart
4.5 stars. The author weaves an excellent story, excellent voice, richly well done. Caution: too much horrific torture for me.

REVIEWER’S OPINION:
The majority of the story is the solving of many mysteries. The way they are solved, the fact that they are getting so close to the killer without the killer knowing, and the plot mechanics were well done. This is mostly mystery and suspense. It is rare for me to like a mystery as much as I liked this one. I usually want more time spent on the relations...more
Cata
Morre Por Mim é o primeiro livro que leio da autora Karen Rose.

Fiquei particularmente curiosa com esta autora depois de ter lido críticas fabulosas no Clube Nora Roberts, porém não tencionava ler nenhum livro dela tão cedo, uma vez que este mês entrei em modo de abstinência no que diz respeito a compras de livros. Porém- e mais uma vez- encontrei na Biblioteca Pública Regional da Madeira uma grande aliada, já que encontrei lá este livro disponível para empréstimo.

Passando ao livro mais concretam...more
Kathleen
I can't say that this book scared me but I can say that the Killer was extremely creepy. The story was so good that I'm gonna continue on with the next book in this series. I had not planned on doing that but after finishing this story I still want more.
Mojca
A grave is uncovered in a snowed field outside of Philadelphia. Police canvas the surrounding area with a metal detector, finding five more possible resting places. Enlisting the help of an archaeologist, they discover a hidden graveyard with sixteen graves and (only) nine bodies.

And the killer already has a new body to fill one of his empty graves. But is he truly simply a sociopath, or are his motives even more sinister than the police suspect?

It seems I'm on a roll here, because this was yet...more
Ana T.
I have enjoyed all of Karen Rose's previous books and I've reviewed all of them her. It was with great expectations that I started this one!

DIE FOR ME is the story of Vito Ciccotelli, a Philadelphia homicide detective. Vito is called to the scene of a single grave in an isolated snowy field and suspects there might be even more graves beneath the snow. He enlists the aid of archeologist Sophie Johannsen to map the field - and they find a 4x4 matrix of graves, dug with military precision. Nearly...more
Blu
This was my first read by Karen Rose and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Those who know me and my reading preferences know that I avoid romances with any sort of mystery plot like the plague. My thoughts are when I'm reading a romance - that's what I want to read, a romance. Most of those romances tend to be overshadowed by the mystery. In the case of "Die For Me" there was the perfect blend of mystery/suspence and romance. There was just enough romance between the two main characters to make the story...more
Geraldine
Sep 12, 2007 Geraldine rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: mystery lovers
I loved this book. Do not start it if you do not have the time to finish quickly. I just had to know who "done it" as soon as possible.
Kathrynn
Wonderful and intense thriller. Not a romance, though and not for the faint of heart. Very graphic scenes.
Stephanie
As always Karen Rose brings it!!! She is definately one of my favorite mystery/horror authors!!!
Catarina S.
Há muito que andava curiosa para ler algo de Karen Rose e finalmente li este livro. Contudo não gostei tanto como esperava. Ou li o livro na altura errada ou os policiais só me chamam a atenção em séries televisivas x)
Motivei-me bastante com a escrita da autora. A forma como ela descreve o que vai acontecendo é simplesmente fantástica!

Adorei o assassino, que é um homem mais frio e cruel de sempre. Comete as atrocidades mais bizarras sem dó nem piedade (adorei as torturas medievais! Yup.).

No enta...more
Shabby Girl ~ aka Lady Victoria
Absolutely fabulous. Karen Rose really is one of my fave authors. When I first started reading her I liked her stories, but didn't love them, but that has changed. I feel like she's found her rhythm and it's one that really suits me perfectly.

Her stories are very scary in the detail of the crazed and absolutely vicious villains and their crimes, but her heros and heroines are always so wonderful. Just how I like them, the men protective, smart and oh, yeah, of course they're all good looking, bu...more
Tracy
Dark and Utterly Chilling, But Excellent
It's winter in Philadelphia and a body has been found in a shallow grave in a frozen, fallow field. The body has been posed, the victim heinously tortured, and homicide detectives Vito Ciccotelli and Nick Lawrence soon realize they have a monster on their hands. The ME knows an archaeologist who may be able to help search the rest of the field after evidence points to more bodies. Dr. Sophie Johannsen doesn't look like Vito expected when he went to pick he...more
Kim (Bookishly Me)
I’ve heard a lot of good things about Karen Rose’s books that I had to try them out and since my favorite bookstore had the whole trilogy in store I got them all at once.

This story is about Vito Ciccotelli, a detective who is called in to investigate a body found in a field. He gets help from an archaeologist, Sophie Johannsen, with scanning the field for more bodies. They end up with sixteen graves but there are only nine bodies so they instantly know that the killer isn’t done yet.
There is an...more
Maqluba
My first Karen Rose from this series. I put it off for so long because I thought it would be cheesy for some reason but I was very very wrong. It read like a movie on a true story type thing. I was able to stay with our hero and heroine until they caught the monster and even though it was a very long book I didn't feel like I could stop reading at any time.
There isn't much to say other than the villian is one sadistic mofo and I came out of this book feeling a whole lot better about my town lol...more
Monica Lombardi
I would have given it 3 1/2 stars if I could have...

Too long. Good, but not excellent in the crime part. The bad guy was supposed to be pure evil but he was kind of... not scary enough. He was cruel, for sure, I'm not talking about adding cruelty (I'm not for the gory at all!) but he could have been made scarier, psychologically. And the romance didn't get me in, not really. I found Vito's family life depicted with more warmth and realism than his love story, which says it all.

Hopefully Daniel's...more
Robin
A body is unearthed in a field. Heading the investigation, Detective Vito Ciccotelli requests the help of an archaeologist to use ground penetrating radar in the area. Sophie Johannsen helps him uncover a total of seventeen graves, nine of them filled with bodies. Some of the victims have been buried up to a year; many have been tortured. But it's the empty graves that really scare Vito. This means the killer isn't done, and has many more murders planned.

Another excellent romantic suspense novel...more
Lisa
I actually finished this today. I never get tired of thrillers. This one was a 7 on my scale. It wasn't as scary as I expected, yet very much suspenseful. (Though I did figure out who was the killer halfway through the book). I admit it. It was creepy at times. How do authors pen such suspense? Do they even get scared themselves? I,as a reader, do. Hm.... maybe you should read this to find out.
Carla Faleiro
http://cafdeletras.blogspot.com/ (opinião completa)

Vito Ciccotelli, detective de homicidios, é destacado para investigar uma série de crimes macabros... Num terreno são descobertos corpos, alguns deles estranhamente mutilados.
A investigação leva-o a conhecer Sophie, uma arqueologa que parece ter muitas respostas para as perguntas de Vito... Incluindo as perguntas do coração!
Pamela(AllHoney)
My first novel by Karen Rose and I know I'll be looking for more. Strong on the suspense but it still managed to include a good romance. Very intense and thrilling! Uber creepy villain!
Heather
4.5
I loved this and will continue the story. In this story all the shifting of POVs worked well.
I thought it might have been a tiny bit too long though.
  • Killing Fear (Prison Break Trilogy, #1)
  • The Murder Game (Griffin Powell, #8)
  • Whisper of Warning (Glass Sisters, The #2)
  • Waking the Dead (Mindhunters, #3)
  • Fade to Black (Black CATs, #1)
  • Edge of Midnight (Chasing Evil, #3)
  • Deadly Lies (Deadly, #3)
  • Stop Me (Last Stand Series, #2)
  • One Scream Away (Sheridan, #1)
  • Hide from Evil (Dead Wrong, #2)

Karen Rose is the author of numerous romantic suspense books.

Though most of the books can be read as stand-alones, all of her books (except the Hot Pursuit anthology) take place in the same "universe" and have many connected characters. Some of the books are more connected than others.

You can visit the following...more
More about Karen Rose...
Don't Tell (Romantic Suspense, #1) Scream for Me (Romantic Suspense, #8) Have You Seen Her? (Romantic Suspense, #2) I'm Watching You (Romantic Suspense, #3) Count to Ten (Romantic Suspense, #6)