Hangover Soup: A Novel

Hangover Soup: A Novel

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  102 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Published August 1st 2000 by Back Bay Books (first published August 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Hangover Soup, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hangover Soup

Patti
I searched the library catalog for soup cookbooks, & found this book with a 1999 copy right. It's good & to out of date even in 2014.
Melissa Lee-tammeus
A look inside a woman's life in which she is struggling to hold on to a defunct marriage to an alcoholic. A fast, good read that makes you wonder "what would I do?" The fact that she is a tutor to college sports athletes gets a little long and tiresome but, other than that, I would say a very good novel about that weird thing we call love and just what we are willing to put up with to have it.
Michele St John
Faith met Jay in college, "where it's hard to tell who's a true alcoholic and who's not". Five years later they're living in Austin, where Faith tutors and Jay works as a sweet talkin' DJ at the local radio station, and where the gin and tonics finally drive them apart. Jay's pledge to stay sober brings Faith back, but their reunion brings consequences far beyond their own troubled marriage.
Annie Burnett
This book was really good, but moved a little slow. It didn't suck me in like some other books have in the past, but I knew that I wanted to finish it.

It's a great love story that isn't romantic in a conventional way, but earns your respect. The story really depicts love as it is in real life- something that cannot be fully understood or described.
Yvonne
If your significant other is a drunk or some other kind of addict, you must read this book. No, it won't solve your problems -- but it will soothe you for a while and make you see that you DO have the power to do something about it.
Ashley
I bought this book at the thrift store thinking the title was silly. The book turned out to be really good!! Granted, the subject matter of a marriage in jeopardy was a bit above my head at 15, it was still a great book.
Bronwyn Rykiert
I enjoyed this book, though I did skip over some of the talk about Faith's job as a tutor to athletes at a university. It was her story on her life with her alcoholic husband Jay and how she coped with it.
I read this book many years ago and remember very little about it, so I cannot say if I liked it or not...may have to read again when I have the time.
iT WAS AN OK READ.. THE PLOT JUST KiND OF DRAGS ON. NEEDLESS TO SAY, NOT ONE OF MY FAVORiTES. :o/
Deb
A young woman trying to come to terms with her alcoholic husband and their crazy marriage.
Dottie
Not an easy story of alcoholism -- but well worth the reading in the long run.
treva mccroskey
another one that i barely remember
Kayla Desvoignes
Kayla Desvoignes marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Lindsay
Lindsay marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Lori
Lori added it
Apr 19, 2014
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2013