Start by marking “Hangover Soup: A Novel” as Want to Read:
Hangover Soup: A Novel

Hangover Soup: A Novel

Published August 1st 2000 by Back Bay Books (first published August 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Hangover Soup, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hangover Soup

Christine
Jan 17, 2017 Christine rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
The beginning was kinda terrible but I'm glad I kept going. The story got better, and I started to care what was happening, and then I got slapped in the face with an ending as stupid as the start. Ugh.
Melissa Lee-Tammeus
Aug 28, 2011 Melissa Lee-Tammeus rated it really liked it
A look inside a woman's life in which she is struggling to hold on to a defunct marriage to an alcoholic. A fast, good read that makes you wonder "what would I do?" The fact that she is a tutor to college sports athletes gets a little long and tiresome but, other than that, I would say a very good novel about that weird thing we call love and just what we are willing to put up with to have it.
Michele
Faith met Jay in college, "where it's hard to tell who's a true alcoholic and who's not". Five years later they're living in Austin, where Faith tutors and Jay works as a sweet talkin' DJ at the local radio station, and where the gin and tonics finally drive them apart. Jay's pledge to stay sober brings Faith back, but their reunion brings consequences far beyond their own troubled marriage.
Annie Burnett
May 27, 2013 Annie Burnett rated it liked it
This book was really good, but moved a little slow. It didn't suck me in like some other books have in the past, but I knew that I wanted to finish it.

It's a great love story that isn't romantic in a conventional way, but earns your respect. The story really depicts love as it is in real life- something that cannot be fully understood or described.
Yvonne
Aug 23, 2007 Yvonne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished, own
If your significant other is a drunk or some other kind of addict, you must read this book. No, it won't solve your problems -- but it will soothe you for a while and make you see that you DO have the power to do something about it.
Bronwyn Rykiert
Jan 13, 2011 Bronwyn Rykiert rated it really liked it
Shelves: family
I enjoyed this book, though I did skip over some of the talk about Faith's job as a tutor to athletes at a university. It was her story on her life with her alcoholic husband Jay and how she coped with it.
Ashley
I bought this book at the thrift store thinking the title was silly. The book turned out to be really good!! Granted, the subject matter of a marriage in jeopardy was a bit above my head at 15, it was still a great book.
Patti
Feb 15, 2014 Patti rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction-women-s
I searched the library catalog for soup cookbooks, & found this book with a 1999 copy right. It's good & to out of date even in 2014.
Nov 01, 2009 Sarah rated it liked it
I read this book many years ago and remember very little about it, so I cannot say if I liked it or not...may have to read again when I have the time.
Laurel
Laurel rated it it was ok
Jun 23, 2008
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2015
Pam
Pam rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2007
Maida
Maida rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2011
Laura rated it it was ok
Apr 28, 2008
Abby
Abby rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2008
Lynn
Lynn rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2011
Jennie
Jennie rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Jeanette Holton
Jeanette Holton rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2013
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2008
Kristen
Kristen rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2011
Steven Tabakin
Steven Tabakin rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2012
Leslee
Leslee rated it it was ok
Nov 01, 2009
Trudi
Trudi rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2008
Denae
Denae rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2010
Deb
Jan 13, 2009 Deb rated it liked it
A young woman trying to come to terms with her alcoholic husband and their crazy marriage.
Andrea
Andrea rated it it was ok
Mar 28, 2009
Micah
Micah rated it really liked it
Nov 14, 2012
Elise
Elise rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2010
Rosalind
Rosalind rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2012
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2008