Start by marking “Chains of Love (Blue Ruin, #3)” as Want to Read:
Chains of Love (Blue Ruin, #3)

Chains of Love (Blue Ruin #3)

As Blue's master, Derek has plenty of toys and ingenuity at his disposal, but his high-priced loft isn't the best environment for raising Blue's BDSM training to the next level. If only he had a basement and the proper "hardware..." Blue has other worries. Still conflicted between his love for Derek and his feelings for Cameron, he's due to face a killer in court and the ...more
Published September 2nd 2008 by Loose Id, LLC (first published September 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Chains of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chains of Love

Submission by Chris OwenDomination by Chris OwenRough Canvas by Joey W. HillDiscipline by Chris OwenBondage by Chris Owen
Best Gay BDSM
685 books — 1,008 voters
Change of Heart by Mary CalmesCut & Run by Abigail RouxSticks & Stones by Abigail RouxWith Caution by J.L. LangleyForce of Law by Jez Morrow
Best Gay Alpha Males
584 books — 785 voters

More lists with this book...

♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
What is WRONG with Blue? Seriously, he gets into more trouble than any other character I've read in a while. How he gets into trouble the way he does is beyond me. He must be giving off some very heavy slave pheromones. God I loved the D/s in this story. Between Sasha and Derek, I was in a haze of slutty submission. Damn Blue. I would like to be the one being dominated between the two. How does Blue find these sexy dominant men? Where are all these sexy dominant men? Cuz they certainly are NOT ...more
Brenda Maldonado
Dec 05, 2010 Brenda Maldonado rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All m/m romance fans, Yaoi fans
In this third installment of the Blue Ruin Series, we are treated to a series of erotic encounters that highlight the nuances of Derek and Blue's relationship. The BDSM aspects of their relationship are explored in great detail. We even get a few more insights into Derek's sexual history and his introduction to the lifestyle. We continue to enjoy Blue's refreshing antics in and out of the bedroom. Not the least of which is a selfless act of friendship that lands him in the hands of the Balkan ...more
Elisa Rolle
Blue Ruin series was born like a yaoi romance which blended in a BDSM relationship. At its third book, the yaoi component is only hinted and the BDSM relationship is in full swing. Blue and Derek still live together and they had overcome the little escapade of Blue with Cameron; true, Blue sometime still thinks to his old sweetheart, but I believe that Blue is too much for someone like Cameron, probably he is too much also for Derek.

This is probably the main aspect of the novel. Derek should be
Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌
I can just feel my tears of frustration bleed through my spoiler tag.

(view spoiler)
Tina
Aug 28, 2014 Tina rated it really liked it
Shelves: series-i-love, bdsm

OMG... I need to re-read the series. Loved it!
Taintedskyee (Books Books&More Books)
This book for me was lacking.I like a book with alpha male alot but some how I was a tad disappointed with Derek the Master in this book.I know in BDSM sharing and caring is common but not for me.What ever or how ever how can you share some one you love.....you may not allow the other to fu*k but rest is okay.Nope doesn't work for me:(I don't like Blue's character much it seems he like every other guy and that's a total minus point for me okay I can understand he is young and all but sadly that ...more
Don
Mar 09, 2016 Don rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-re-read, bdsm
Just as I was about to give up reading any more Katrina Strauss thinking she was only capable of writing kids stuff, along comes one of the most detailed and complex bondage scenes I've ever read in this 3rd installment of Blue Ruin. Best of all, it's a 3 way of my favorite kind, two Tops and a bottom. It was well worth plowing through the first 2 books in the series to finally get to this one, which paid off in more ways than one. Here we get the low down on the MC's backgrounds making them ...more
Danielle
Aug 29, 2014 Danielle added it
Shelves: mm, menage, masters, 2014
Another book I'm not going to rate only because I read it out of order and was kinda confused (which was entirely my fault) about all the Cameron stuff going on.

Besides that though I'm just not a fan of these series because I don't like that Blue and Derek have to go outside their relationship in order to get their rock off. Just not my thing.

Plus I'm not a fan of the writing style. Phrases like "he assumed the mounting position" just sound so weird. There was a huge mix of childish and more "
Skye Blue
Jun 20, 2015 Skye Blue rated it liked it
This is good series. I've enjoyed every one...the first one best of all.

Boy, Blue is a danger mangnet isn't he?
I liked Sasha, with there had been a little more of Sasha.
This series picks right back up, no matter how long you go between books, you can fall right back into the story.

Marty Rayne
Jun 17, 2009 Marty Rayne rated it it was amazing
Hottest!
Indie Reviews
In Blue Ruin 3: Chains of Love the boys are back having survived yet another harrowing experience this time at the hands of the alleged Maple Street Killer. As Blue waits to testify at his would be killer's trial, there is much going on in his life. He continues to deal with his conflicting feelings in respect of Derek and Cameron, and while there is no doubt that he loves Derek his feelings for Cameron linger. Blue is also looking at the prospects of cosmetology school with his friend Jodi. The ...more
Elaine White
Jul 08, 2015 Elaine White rated it really liked it
Okay, so this one made me love Blue a little more, since the last book had me questioning his loyalty to Derek. This one made sense of all of that. I really began to understand that what Blue was looking for with Cameron was closure, while in this book, he gets a little snuggly with Sasha, looking for someone who will push his boundaries, the way Derek isn't willing to.
That totally makes sense to me.

I love that we get both sides of the story; that we see how conflicted Blue is and Derek's strugg
Pam/Peejakers (PJ Faste)
Apr 24, 2012 Pam/Peejakers (PJ Faste) rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Any M/M BDSM or Yaoi fans
Wendy Ann
Imp - such a tiny little word, and yet very fitting for the mischievous Blue. In what seems to have become typical fashion, Blue managed to get himself into trouble… again. As expected, Derek comes to the rescue but not before Blue has them wrapped up in a wholly different threesome arrangement than the prior book – one in which the mobster who’s holding Blue gives Derek lessons in being more dominant.

Unlike the last book and Blue’s relationship with Cameron, I actually wouldn’t have minded mor
mlady_rebecca
I keep getting more and more wrapped up in this series. I'm disappointed to realize I have to wait for the next book to be published. (Comes out November 24th). Well, at least it's written. *g*

To be honest, the plot is getting to be a bit "convenient". I mean finding a group of mobsters that are mostly gay, lead by a dom, and all with a heart of gold is a bit unlikely. But, hey, this is fantasy.

What I really love about this series is the characters. All the little quirks that make them unique in
Tara
May 23, 2011 Tara rated it liked it
In this installment, Blue manages to get himself kidnapped by the Russian Mob. the leader in intent on keeping for himslef, but instead works out a deal with Derek.

I don't know. This is the 3rd book. While Blue & Derek started off promising, it seems that Blue despite his supposed desire to stay with Derek, can't keep it in his pants. Every time a guy comes on to him, he seems instantly willing to submit to him, with only a passing moment of guilt for cheating on Derek. This is fine because
Virginia
Very sexy read about the continuing story of Derek and Blue. I enjoyed that in this series we got Derek coming into his own as a dom for his imp, Blue. The scenes with Sasha were sizzling and I enjoyed his respect toward Derek in trying to help him learn how to properly "handle" Blue and to see Blue's brattiness for what it was about...getting what he needed from Derek. We also saw Blue learn to start to learn to control himself better and allow Derek to trust him more and more with the ...more
Nichole (Dirrty H)
Jul 11, 2009 Nichole (Dirrty H) rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2009, m-m, bdsm
Well, that was a crazy ride. Definitely more BDSM in this one than the previous two. But it was mostly this sort of meandering tale that morphed into a psychotic soap opera. If you take it for what it is, it was quite enjoyable. My only complaint is that the first 80-90 pages lacked focus. I really had no idea what this story was about until it was almost over. But there was plenty of hot sex and plenty of laugh-out-loud moments.
Shannon
Jun 24, 2013 Shannon rated it really liked it
So far I like the first one the best but all of them are completely entertaining. Blue sure knows how to get himself almost killed in every book with poor Derrick rescuing him every time. They seem to love eachother but both want to have sex with other people so that makes it a little uncomfortable, at least for me. I will read #4 though. Gotta see how Blue almost dies in the next one!
Aug 31, 2009 Sarah rated it really liked it
Shelves: glbt-fiction
I like Blue. A lot! So forgive my total bias when it comes to this series. Even though I at times wanted to stuff his best friend out the door and get down to it with Blue and Derek! This is such a charming, sexy and cool series that never fails to push all the right buttons. Plus, those covers. omnomnom.
Girlgeorge
Damn, this series just keeps going in ways I don't expect...but always enjoy for different reasons. This one focused more heavily on the bdsm relationship between Derek and Blue. Sasha and his men were great side characters. All in all, a damn sexy as hell read.
Kristine Jenkins
Kristine Jenkins rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2015
Celia
Celia rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2011
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2015
Randi
Randi rated it really liked it
May 18, 2011
Ariel E. James
Ariel E. James rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2016
DelSol95
DelSol95 rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2011
Lori
Lori rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2010
Xara
Xara rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2011
Carol Gardner
Carol Gardner rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Discipline (Deviations, #3)
  • Bound To Please (Playing for Keeps, #2)
  • Bound to Him (Bound, #2)
  • Found (Hammer, #3)
  • Bound and Determined
  • Forever (From Thirty Days to Forever, #2)
  • Winner Takes All: Master/Slave Fantasies by Christopher Pierce
  • A Man, a Jersey, and a Tight End (Goldilocks #2)
  • 跪いて靴にキスを [Hizamazuite Kutsu ni Kiss wo] [Kneel Down and Kiss my Boots] (星の館 [Hoshi no Yakata], #1)
  • Taming Riki Vol 1, Part 1 (Taming Riki, #1)
  • Gamble Everything (Gamble Everything #1-7)
  • Remastering Jerna (Remastering Jerna, #1)
  • Twice-Caught (Tarin's World, #2)
  • Unveiled (Master Chronicles, #2)
Former erotic romance author; now retired.
More about Katrina Strauss...

Blue Ruin (5 books)
  • Some Kind of Stranger (Blue Ruin, #1)
  • Close to Me (Blue Ruin, #2)
  • Need You Tonight (Blue Ruin, #4)
  • Only You (Blue Ruin, #5)