Start by marking “Don't You Just Hate That?: 738 Annoying Things” as Want to Read:
Don't You Just Hate That?: 738 Annoying Things

Don't You Just Hate That?: 738 Annoying Things

Don't you just hate when you hold the ketchup bottle over your French fries and the first thing that comes out is red water? People who think soy is the solution to all health problems? The fact that Barry Manilow didn't write his hit song, "I Write the Songs"?

Almost as if in answer to Barbara Ann Kipfer's 14,000 Things to Be Happy About (over 1 million copies in print) an
Published April 1st 2004 by Workman Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Don't You Just Hate That?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don't You Just Hate That?

Deborah
Jan 19, 2016 Deborah rated it liked it
Cute book - lots of funny things that really do drive us crazy a little bit. It was a run, quick read.
Melinda
Jan 30, 2009 Melinda rated it it was amazing
A collection of hilarious thoughts that keep me laughing late into the night. This is my kind of humor.
Gemma
Sep 12, 2012 Gemma rated it liked it
Don't you just hate when you're reading a book that is supposed to be funny, and the author forces it so much that it's not funny anymore?

Yeah.

A few of these were funny. Like, "When you wonder what jerk left an empty roll of toilet paper, and then realize it was you."

But a lot weren't, like, "Going to the bathroom and coming back to find everyone in the restaurant bound and gagged." Yeah, cause that happens all the time.

Or, "When your car is stranded on an Alaskan highway and the only human wit
Rachel
Aug 03, 2009 Rachel rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009
330. Noticing that you answered True for nine of the ten questions on a True or False exam, and wondering whether any test would ever have that high a percentage of Trues.

690. The anxious interior monologue you experience prior to introducing yourself to a large group (e.g., Hello, I'm Scott Cohen. No. Good afternoon everyone, my name's Scott. No. Hi, I'm Scott.)

263. That at 10:27 A.M. you're already starting to think about where to go for lunch.

630. Lifting, then lowering, then lifting your umb
Amanda Fite
Mar 26, 2014 Amanda Fite rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
An entertaining short read about all the small things that annoy you. A bathroom reader for sure.
Bob Ro
Mar 01, 2016 Bob Ro rated it did not like it
The 739th Annoying Thing: This book was not anywhere near as entertaining or amusing as I had hoped it would be.
Zatika
Apr 15, 2014 Zatika rated it it was amazing
738 annoying things! Who would've thought being a wet blanket can be so hilarious? :D
Jessica
Dec 28, 2014 Jessica rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor
Funny!
Karen
Apr 26, 2008 Karen rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone with a sense of humor
This is a cute little read that might tickle your funny bone. Makes a list of all the things irritating to the author--damned if I couldn't relate to a few myself. I bought it as a gift for a relative but ended up reading it before it got wrapped. Highly recommended for those little trips to the bathroom and or to spark discussions at dinner.
Ann
Dec 11, 2011 Ann rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011
Don't you just hate that-- when your friends continue to win awesome free books from publishers and all you get is a clever little freebie like this one?

Oh, how can you not like a clever little book like this? Would make a great stocking stuffer for just about anyone.
Jessica Mitchell
Sep 26, 2012 Jessica Mitchell rated it it was amazing
It was funny! I was standing at the door of Barnes 'n' Noble waiting for my dad to pick me up, when i saw this book sitting on a rack. I picked it up and read all of it, ha! Its a really good thing to read for writing inspiration, thats what i use it for.
Ryan
Jul 23, 2012 Ryan rated it really liked it
A great book to keep on a coffee table for light reading, this humorous account of irritating things in the world can easily be picked up at any random page for a brief bit of levity, from something most all of us could associate with.
Pooja
Feb 10, 2015 Pooja rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
As previously stated by other reviewers, after a while, the author seemed to be fishing for things. It was fun to flip through, but there ought to have been more plausible scenarios one would just hate for some in the list.
Sebastian
May 03, 2015 Sebastian rated it liked it
Some of them were pretty lame, but overall it was an interesting way to pass time.
Tasia
Jun 03, 2012 Tasia rated it really liked it
I kept on agreeing with this thing over and over and over again. Fun little book, that's for sure, and it's great for sharing with friends! We all had a good laugh.
Megan
Apr 09, 2009 Megan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rereading-again
It's the easiest way to get a good laugh. Pocket-sized and fun and I love reading it over and over because I can sympathize with hundreds of the blurbs.
Sam
Nov 11, 2014 Sam rated it really liked it
This was a pretty funny and fast read. Some of the things listed I could really relate to. I got it at Goodwill for ¢50 and I didn't waste it.
Christine
Feb 15, 2008 Christine rated it it was amazing
This is laugh out loud funny. Yes, we keep our copy in a little basket in the powder room.
Berson
Mar 19, 2008 Berson rated it it was amazing
it really lifts up your spirit when you are feeling down lol
Emily Taylor Everhart
Apr 15, 2008 Emily Taylor Everhart rated it it was amazing
This book gets me through work every day.
Sheila
Nov 25, 2008 Sheila rated it really liked it
Some of these annoyances ring true for me.
Trudi Villarreal
Aug 06, 2013 Trudi Villarreal rated it it was amazing
Good to the last item!
Katherine
Katherine rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2016
Lola
Lola rated it really liked it
May 02, 2016
Monse
Monse rated it it was ok
Apr 30, 2016
Jenni
Jenni added it
Apr 16, 2016
Relanni
Relanni marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Esther Kleit
Esther Kleit marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2015