Start by marking “Warpath (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)” as Want to Read:
Warpath (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)

Warpath (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)

They were created to be killing machines. Highly intelligent, resourceful, and deceptively complex, the Jem'Hadar are a species engineered for war and programmed at the genetic level for one purpose: to fight until death as soldiers of the sprawling stellar empire known as the Dominion. No Jem'Hadar has ever lived thirty years, and not even their masters, the shape-shiftin ...more
Published April 1st 2006 by Pocket Books/Star Trek (first published March 28th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Warpath, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Warpath

Dan
Jun 20, 2015 Dan rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-trek, ds9
A fun and exciting novel filled with great action and some fantastic setup for the stories to come. This is classic David Mack: a number of stories come together with some fantastic payoff, while still setting up the novels to come. Four out of five stars is my rating for Warpath. Not to be missed.

Full review: http://treklit.blogspot.com/2015/06/w...
Elen
Sep 23, 2015 Elen rated it liked it
I'm just so tired of Elias Vaughn.
Crystal Bensley
May 24, 2016 Crystal Bensley rated it really liked it
Leading into some interesting Mirror Universe stuff and plenty of action!
Daniel
Jun 20, 2012 Daniel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As far as the Deep Space Nine relaunch novels go, this is probably my least favorite. That is not to say it isn't good, far from it, "Warpath" just isn't as good as the others. It's a classic mystery novel that ends on a sort of cliffhanger. The mystery involves Taran'atar and his actions involving Kira and Ro. As the novel goes on, pieces fall into place, but not completely, and certainly not before the end. One of the more fascinating bits of the book is the "Cardassian Woman." Anyone who know ...more
Beth - ;)
Aug 07, 2011 Beth - ;) rated it liked it
I had to give the book only three stars; there were parts that deserved more but then again there was one element that did not deserve any. The main story involved Taran'atar, the resident Jem'Hadar on DS9, who inexplicably decided to betray his masters and nearly killed Kira and Ro before taking a hostage and ship to an unknown planet, with the Defiant in close pursuit. This story was very interesting; it was the offshoots of it that were weird. I felt that Kira's 'dream' while comatose could h ...more
Kathy
Jan 17, 2013 Kathy rated it liked it
I probably picked the wrong book for the mood I was in. David Mack is great at writing complex stories that have multiple plot lines that eventually all start to tie together. Unfortunately, I wanted the exact opposite thing- a simple Trek story with only two plot lines. Needless to say, I was left with a bit of a bad taste in my mouth after reading Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Warpath.

I really should have picked a different Star Trek author for my mood but I was intrigued by the idea of David M
Angela
The tame Jemhadar on the station goes insane and attacks Kira. He then escapes with a purpose. This is an intriguing story, a tad confusing at times. A wormhole experience is well done, and the alternative universe involvement promises the start of a decent story. NB It does end on a cliffhanger. There are some lovely character moments with Quark and a few others. It would have made a decent tv episode. A good read.
Ross Vincent
May 04, 2016 Ross Vincent rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books-read
Once more, into the world of the Post Finale Deep Space Nine I ventured.
And this time, it was David Mack as the guide.
Needless to say, I was afraid. (The guy is not exactly sunshine and rainbows, but more edged weapons and a twisted sense of violence that would make harden SEALS go “damn….”).

Following up just moments after the end of ST:Worlds of Deep Space Nine – Olympus Descending, the race is on to capture the renegade resident Jem’Hardar, while Kira and Ro hang on the brink of death.

Soun
Two Nerds Talking
Jun 16, 2013 Two Nerds Talking rated it really liked it
The DS9 relaunch continues on in Warpath, which picks up where the Worlds of DS9 anthologies left off. (If you haven't read them, stop reading now)

The story mainly follows Taran'atar after his brutal attack on Kira and Ro, and his flight fromt he station. Not a lot happens in this book, but I must say I still enjoyed it. As always since the DS9 tv show, I was fascinated by the facets of Jem'Hadar culture.

Though not a lot happens, a lot is set up here for future books. I'm really interested to s
Jimyanni
Mar 11, 2010 Jimyanni rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-trek
Excellent story, well written, powerfully moving, with plenty of action, plenty of intrigue, excellent characterizations, good pacing & plot movement. I would have preferred a story that had a more satisfying ending, but at least the immediate plotline was wrapped up as the major back-plot was continued on into the next book. Granted, the chapters that involved Kira's experiences/dreams were kind of jarringly discontinuous with the rest of the story, but I'm sure that we'll see them integrat ...more
Matt Piechocinski
Jan 09, 2011 Matt Piechocinski rated it liked it
The other issue I have with Trek novels, besides bloated continuities, is the fact that you'll basically have a series of books, which are written by differing authors. If you're gonna do that, I wish the same author would write all the books in the series ... I don't want to read the books before, or after, if they're not written by the guy that I wanted to read in the first place.
Derek Oberg
Jul 23, 2013 Derek Oberg rated it liked it
This one made me a little sad. I didn't want to see Taran'atar go bad. Great fake out at the end, though. I didn't see that coming. The big reveal of the mysterious Cardassian woman's identity pleased me. They sure do know how to set up the next book in this series...
Nicole
Dec 29, 2012 Nicole rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting story.
I liked the bits with the Nausicaan best, I think.

Felt like the book was working towards the books coming after it too much. The ending leaves me wanting more.

Glad I've got the next books in the series waiting on my bookshelf!
Fayd Eaton
Aug 23, 2013 Fayd Eaton rated it liked it
A good book in general terms. The Adventures of DS9 continue but in this book there are too meny paths to follows. A new scenario is opening for Kira. I will read the following book to understand how they want to move the story ahead.
Andrew Price
A good deal of action, but mostly just a set up for the next book. About half of the book is unnecessary. I wish they would focus on the plot and character development, not on selling as many volumes as they can.
Bradley
Kind of interesting. This Star Trek novel wasn't too bad. Well-plotted compared to some of the other DS9 novels. =)
Nicole
Jan 12, 2013 Nicole rated it it was amazing
Fun story however definitely read like a first of many story.
Michael
A cool story which could have been a bit longer
Josh
Sep 26, 2013 Josh rated it it was ok
goddamn mirror universe, go away.
Benjamin Plume
Jul 30, 2011 Benjamin Plume rated it it was amazing
Just....wow.
John Barnes
John Barnes marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2016
Ebenezer Scrooge
Ebenezer Scrooge is currently reading it
Sep 27, 2016
Eddie Walters
Eddie Walters rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2016
Rhys Hamilton
Rhys Hamilton marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
Michael
Michael is currently reading it
Sep 21, 2016
Alex Garvin
Alex Garvin rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2016
Leanne Olsen
Leanne Olsen rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2016
Nick
Nick rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2016
  • Unity (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
  • Trill and Bajor (Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Vol. 2)
  • The Dominion and Ferenginar (Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #3)
  • Lesser Evil (Star Trek Deep Space Nine: Mission Gamma, Book 4)
  • The Soul Key (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
  • Cathedral (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Mission Gamma, #3)
  • This Gray Spirit (Star Trek Deep Space Nine: Mission Gamma, Book 2)
  • Cardassia and Andor (Worlds of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #1)
  • Section 31: Abyss (Star Trek: Sector 31, #3)
  • The Left Hand of Destiny, Book Two (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
  • Demons of Air and Darkness
  • The Lives of Dax
  • Paths of Disharmony (Star Trek: Typhon Pact, #4)
2620393
David Mack is the New York Times bestselling author of more than twenty-five novels of science-fiction, fantasy, and adventure, including the Star Trek Destiny and Cold Equations trilogies.

Beyond novels, Mack's writing credits span several media, including television (for produced episodes of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine), film, and comic books.

Follow him on Twitter @davidalanmack or join his fans o
More about David Mack...

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • Emissary