Start by marking “Season of the Witch” as Want to Read:
Season of the Witch

Season of the Witch

6 sinister tales plus BONUS AUDIO CD.

'MISSED APPOINTMENT', a man has an unusual visitor as death suddenly appears on his doorstep . . .

'SPINSTER' is the story of a miserly old woman who receives a visit from a very special . . . and terrifying . . . little girl . . .

'SEASON OF THE WITCH': Curtis and Lauren Stanton move to an old farm home on Michigan's Old Mission Peninsu
Trade Paperback, 396 pages
Published August 15th 2002 by AudioCraft Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Season of the Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Season of the Witch

Oct 22, 2010 Jennifer rated it liked it
Re-reading because it's close to Halloween. Neat to read a book that takes place in Northern Michigan - the main story is on the Old Mission peninsula. The other stories reference areas I'm familiar with. Fairly standard horror, but a pretty good read.
Nina Soden
Dec 31, 2014 Nina Soden rated it liked it
This review is overdue! I finished this book in November 2014

I was given a copy of this book by my mother who picked it up at a small book store in Michigan. I found it interesting to read a book that takes place in Northern Michigan where I spent so many of my childhood summers. This book is a series of short stories, Missed Appointment, Spinster, Season of the Witch, Call for Help, The House at 2629 Woodland Street, and The Execution of Steven Minard. All of the stories are interesting in thei
Robb Bridson
Mar 08, 2015 Robb Bridson rated it liked it
This collection of short stories, all taking place in northern Michigan, reads a lot like a marathon of Tales from the Darkside, complete with twisted, sometimes darkly humorous endings.
I tend to like these kinds of horror stories, but, as with most short story collections, some of the stories are good, some okay, and one of them not so good (the story about the haunted house is hard to get through, mostly dye to style; this story was originally written for audio performance, and that could be w
Linda Levy
Jan 05, 2013 Linda Levy rated it really liked it
A history of San Francisco from the 1920s through the beginning of the AIDS epidemic in the early 80s. It was very interesting and gave many events that I remember context with the benefit of hindsight. I wish he had continued to present day; the ending was a bit abrupt but it was a great read.
Scott
Oct 31, 2015 Scott rated it really liked it
An enjoyable collection of connected stories that take place around the Halloween season. The title novella is the highlight; some of the others are a little hokey but overall this is a worthwhile read.
Bryan Wisdom
Bryan Wisdom rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2013
Isaiah
Isaiah rated it it was amazing
Nov 16, 2015
Alex Bennett
Alex Bennett rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2010
Matt
Matt rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2013
Christie
Christie rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2014
Cam
Cam rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2012
Chase
Chase rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2015
Holly
Holly rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2014
Zach Teachout
Zach Teachout rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2014
Christi Taylor
Christi Taylor rated it it was ok
Mar 23, 2014
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2015
Bruce
Bruce rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2010
Sebs
Sebs rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2015
Wayne C.
Wayne C. rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2010
Mackenzie Ellison
Mackenzie Ellison rated it really liked it
Sep 08, 2015
Debbi Smith
Debbi Smith rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2011
Sean Eddy
Sean Eddy rated it really liked it
Oct 07, 2015
Janet
Jul 15, 2012 Janet rated it it was amazing
I have read lots and lots of "scary" books, thrillers, etc. This was a great one. Really good.
Shahiro
Shahiro rated it it was amazing
Oct 31, 2008
Sheriesha Henderson
Sheriesha Henderson rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2014
Ivy Warren
Ivy Warren rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2015
Terri Pretzlaff
Terri Pretzlaff rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2016
Bruce Hazelet
Bruce Hazelet rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2016
Fran
Fran rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2016
Christopher Wright is the author of dozens of horror fiction books for children and young adults. He writes under the pseudonyms Johnathan Rand and Christopher Knight. Almost all of Wright's books (save American Chillers) take place in his home state of Michigan.

More about Christopher Knight...