Start by marking “Rejesus: A Wild Messiah For A Missional Church” as Want to Read:
Rejesus: A Wild Messiah For A Missional Church

Rejesus: A Wild Messiah For A Missional Church

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  149 ratings  ·  12 reviews
ReJesus asks the following questions: What ongoing role does Jesus the Messiah play in shaping the ethos and self understanding of the movement that originated in him? ???????????????????????? How is the Christian religion informed and shaped by the Jesus that we meet in the Gospels? ???????????????????????? How do we assess the continuity required between the life and exa ...more
Published by Hendrickson Publishers (first published November 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Rejesus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rejesus

Cori
ReJesus helped put words to the feeling I get when I walk into many mainstream contemporary Christian churches: “I wonder what Jesus would think of this?” (I wrote a while back about feeling the same way about the 700 Club). Here is what I mean.

A few months ago, the BF and I went to see the Dead Sea Scrolls at a local church. I knew about this church (it’s enormous), but I’d never actually been. The BF has attended the church before, and said it felt like being at a church informercial. I quickl
Justin
I had no idea what to expect. This book took me a long time to go through because of the content and the time it took to digest. It is one of the best books I've read this year and probably most influential. I recommend it to anyone!
Gibby
To me this is the best book Hirsch & Frost have written together apart from "Shaping". I believe every church "leader" should read this book and re-engage the Jesus of the Scriptures. Until then, he/she should not teach about Jesus.
Stephanie Yoon
An excellent book for those frustrated with modern "Christianity" and anyone who seeks to get back to the simplicity of Jesus.
Roger Sigmon
Great reminder not to water down the story of the Real Jesus and his missional and radical life.
Dave
Compelling look at following Jesus rather than getting caught up in lifeless religion.
David Mullens
I really liked this book. Stressed the life of Jesus as the model of faith.
Mike
Aug 11, 2011 Mike added it
Excellent. Don't read it too fast like i did.
Jim
i've just read the first forty pages, the authors are a bit dismissive of conservative Christians.

the people that recommend it are apparently doing so out of friendship, a usual thing for blurbs but i wish "Christian" authors would be different. one of the raves is from someone the book is dedicated to. haven't looked through the book enough to know if other blub writers are mentioned in the text.

i enjoyed much of this book, frustrated by some, my copy is now scrawled thruout w/my thoughts.

(wis
Bobby
If you've read any books in the realm of "emergent" or "missional" genre then this won't blow you away; however, it is full of great insight and encouragement into what it means to be a church of little Jesus'.
Tobi
Es ist immer wieder gut, an die Grundlagen erinnert zu werden.
Donnie Gamble
Apr 07, 2011 Donnie Gamble rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Donnie by: David Gustafson
Have not completed, put aside for present.
Pål-Rune
Pål-Rune marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Kristofer Strid
Kristofer Strid marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Tim Ivey
Tim Ivey marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Kinoti Anampiu
Kinoti Anampiu marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Cameron West
Cameron West marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Jessica Luther
Jessica Luther marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Implementation 1 1 Mar 08, 2014 01:37PM
  • The Forgotten Ways: Reactivating the Missional Church
  • Emerging Churches: Creating Christian Community in Postmodern Cultures
  • Organic Church: Growing Faith Where Life Happens
  • Breaking the Missional Code: When Churches Become Missionaries in Their Communities
  • An Emergent Manifesto of Hope (emersion: Emergent Village resources for communities of faith)
  • Missional Church: A Vision for the Sending of the Church in North America
  • The Tangible Kingdom: Creating Incarnational Community: The Posture and Practices of Ancient Church Now
  • The King Jesus Gospel: The Original Good News Revisited
  • The Secret Message of Jesus: Uncovering the Truth That Could Change Everything
  • Recovering the Scandal of the Cross: Atonement in New Testament and Contemporary Contexts
  • The Present Future: Six Tough Questions for the Church
  • Soultsunami: Sink or Swim in New Millennium Culture
  • The Church in Emerging Culture: Five Perspectives
  • The Gospel in a Pluralist Society
  • Listening to the Beliefs of Emerging Churches
  • The Great Emergence: How Christianity is Changing and Why
  • Allah: A Christian Response
  • The Great Omission: Reclaiming Jesus's Essential Teachings on Discipleship
Michael Frost is the Vice Principal and the Director of the Tinsley Institute at Morling College. He teaches various missiology and evangelism subjects and has written extensively on a missional paradigm for the church in a post-Christian era.

See also other Michael Frosts.
More about Michael Frost...
The Shaping of Things to Come: Innovation and Mission for the 21st Century Church Exiles: Living Missionally in a Post-Christian Culture The Faith of Leap: Embracing a Theology of Risk, Adventure & Courage The Road to Missional: Journey to the Center of the Church Incarnate: The Body of Christ in an Age of Disengagement