Start by marking “The Green Bride Guide: How to Create an Earth-Friendly Wedding on Any Budget” as Want to Read:
The Green Bride Guide: How to Create an Earth-Friendly Wedding on Any Budget

The Green Bride Guide: How to Create an Earth-Friendly Wedding on Any Budget

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  15 reviews
This guide offers a comprehensive resource for anyone interested in planning a green wedding. Embracing all brides-to-be, whether a little bit green or fully eco-conscious, the guide covers engagements, locations, invitations, bridal party attire, flowers, the ceremony, the reception, gifts and the honeymoon.
Published December 1st 2008 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about The Green Bride Guide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Green Bride Guide

One Perfect Day by Rebecca MeadOffbeat Bride by Ariel Meadow StallingsMiss Manners' Guide to a Surprisingly Dignified Wedding by Judith MartinA Practical Wedding by Meg KeeneAnti-Bride Etiquette Guide by Carolyn Gerin
Wedding Books
6th out of 181 books — 38 voters
The Mystic Princesses and the Whirlpool by P.J. LaRueCradle to Cradle by William McDonoughThe Urban Homestead (Expanded & Revised Edition) by Kelly CoyneThe Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael PollanSilent Spring by Rachel Carson
Being "Green"
64th out of 258 books — 184 voters

More lists with this book...

Erin O'sullivan
Great tool for folks looking to plan a sustainable wedding/shindig!
This book is an excellent resource for planning any kind of event--wedding, anniversary, bris, whatever. And, it is also a pretty good guide for being more environmentally conscious in day-to-day life. For example, the book provides a comprehensive list of eco-friendly clothing fabric, "green" beverages and foods, and so on. The author also does a good job of explaining *why* a source is good or bad for the environment.

This book is very comprehensive, informative, and user-friendly. However, it
Victoria Klein
When I was young, I dreamed about having one of those big, fancy weddings that you see in celebrity magazines … until my parents got divorced when I was 9. After that, the idea of marriage was deeply tainted for me. Even after meeting my current beau of 4 years, I wasn’t sure if marriage was ever going to be the right thing for me.

Thankfully, I’ve found a love that makes me feel safe and inspired – truly marriage material. He hasn’t proposed yet, but we have talked a lot about it and we both kno
This is definitely a handy reference, however I found many of the sites and places listed could be found with a little bit of effort using my favorite online search tool, Google. Although the information was slightly dated, it probably has more to do with when it was written, not the credibility of the author.

In general, I do like this book because it condenses information together in a small neat, easy to carry around package. It is also written in a straightforward, simple manner and broken do
Amanda Grey
Amazing! I really enjoyed learning how to create an Eco friendly wedding and I can't wait to implement some of these ideas into my own wedding!
Yeah, this one didn't really do it for me. I didn't even finish skimming. The biggest turn-off was that I felt it was very, very preachy. I mean, if I picked up a book with this title, chances are I'm already in the choir, you don't need to keep convincing me. And I shouldn't have to feel guilty if, say, renting a bus for all my guests to get to the wedding site is out of my budget. The title says any budget, but I'm not sure I agree. Overall, I just wasn't pleased or inspired.
There were a few interesting observations, but overall, I didn't think this was very practical. It says for any budget, but... not really. And the examples that she drops from her own wedding make it clear that she had a fancy schmancy wedding, which due to my own prejudices immediately turns me off. I hoped it would be more diy, I guess.
Jul 28, 2011 Sarah added it
Shelves: nonfiction
Fantastic! I can't recomend this book highly enough to anyone trying to plan a green wedding. It is so smart and comprehensive, full of useful ideas and really centered in being eco-friendly but the author isn't looking to pick at you or judge you for not being eco-perfect. A great resource for all indie brides.
Good links to websites to check out for materials and whatnots. Also includes real info about what types of foods are happier than others, info about jewelry sourcing, etc. More comprehensive than the "everything" guide.
Very focused on earth-friendly wedding ideas. The latest in green bridal entertainment!
Great advice, incredibly useful. Definitely pick this one up, ladies.
No, I am not dressing Chris in a hemp suit.
Very useful information in this one.
Ashley Binder
Some helpful green tips for any budget
Courtney marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2015
TheSoumiMuffin marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2015
Brenda marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
Caitlin is currently reading it
Aug 12, 2015
K marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2015
Esme added it
Apr 22, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Jessie marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Laura Simpson
Laura Simpson marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Melanie Glissman
Melanie Glissman marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014