Start by marking “The Early Reader's Bible” as Want to Read:
The Early Reader's Bible

The Early Reader's Bible

Children love the feeling of accomplishment they get from doing things by themselves: getting dressed, tying their shoes … and especially reading! That's why boys and girls get so excited about The Early Reader's Bible: the Bible that beginning readers can read all on their own. The Early Reader's Bible Features: - 64 easy-to-read Bible stories, based on standard public sc ...more
Published December 28th 2000 by Zonderkidz (first published January 19th 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The Early Reader's Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Early Reader's Bible

Leah
Mar 29, 2013 Leah rated it really liked it
"A Good Edition of The Good Book"

Intended for very young kids, this version of the Good Book includes several dozen well-known Old Testament and New Testament stories. The NT ones mostly are from the synoptics and from Acts, along with Jesus cleansing the temple in John 2 (way to go, the basis of Jesus' Ministry!) and from John 20, the risen Christ appearing to Mary Magdalene (basic apostleship!); there's also a single Philemon pericope. The Early Reader's Bible has basic words and new words voc
Jessica
Sep 15, 2015 Jessica rated it liked it
My 2nd grader loves this book but she has probably surpassed it in reading level. But it is long enough to capture her attention and succeed in reading. I'm not a huge fan of some of the artwork but we like it enough to keep it around and she takes it with her to church...although she is pretty capable of reading the actual Scriptures herself this is obviously a little easier to understand.
Danielle Mccoy
Jun 14, 2016 Danielle Mccoy rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
A good book for the nursery as it gives questions and games at the end of each story. Also good in the fact that slightly older kids can read it to themselves.
Krista Morrell
Feb 15, 2015 Krista Morrell rated it it was amazing
Love the questions and real-life applications after each small story!!!
Mary
Sep 17, 2015 Mary rated it it was amazing
When she was 5, I sat down with my grand-daughter, on the floor at Daily Bread books, to choose a Bible she could actually read. This was it! She just wanted to sit there and read, so was thrilled we bought it & she could take it home. It became a nightly favorite, especially the "application" questions after every story. She loved talking about how she fit into each story. Proof Puddin' kids of all ages find the Bible relevant; proof puddin' people of all ages need to find a translation of ...more
Ebookwormy
May 07, 2009 Ebookwormy marked it as to-read
Shelves: kids-preschool
I have removed this Bible from our wishlist after returning "The Toddler Bible" and "The Preschooler Bible" both also by V. Gilbert Beers. I have written reviews for both. If I could get my hands on a copy of this Bible, I might reconsider, but the work on the other Bibles is not recommended.
Dana
Jul 05, 2011 Dana rated it it was amazing
Perfect for kids just learning to read. My Dd was ready to try reading the scriptures on her own. Daddy reads this with her and she can do 95% of it on her own. She is 6 but a little behind her peers. She knew all the stories so it's nice that she can read them now. Worth the money.
Shannon
Mar 18, 2016 Shannon rated it really liked it
Shelves: bible
We love all these children's Bibles. What works for us is just picking one up, starting at the beginning and slowly reading it through. Then, we pick up another and do the same. It's not well-thought-out, but it works for us.
Lorrea Hall
May 15, 2012 Lorrea Hall rated it it was amazing

My 6 yr old twins ask to read this bible every night. They love that they can do it themselves. A great first stepping stone to reading the bible.
Penny
Sep 28, 2008 Penny rated it it was amazing
This is a great "reader's" Bible with comprehension questions. My reluctant, struggling reader is excelling after reading it!
Patricia
Patricia rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2016
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2016
Laura Williams
Laura Williams marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Brooke Rea
Brooke Rea marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2016
Erin Biehle
Erin Biehle marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Robin Jones
Robin Jones marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Darin
Darin rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2016
francine
francine marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
Jenny Klaas
Jenny Klaas rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2016
XINXIN CHEN
XINXIN CHEN rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2016
Mary Yoho
Mary Yoho rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2016
Reineke
Reineke marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2016
Tiffany Matthews
Tiffany Matthews marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2016
Carol Greene
Carol Greene rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2016
Jennifer Mercado
Jennifer Mercado rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2016
Martha B Kightlinger
Martha B Kightlinger rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2016
Jenna Thornburg
Jenna Thornburg rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2016
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2016
Baobab Tree
Baobab Tree rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2016
Dana Duell
Dana Duell rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2015