Start by marking “No Shitting In The Toilet” as Want to Read:
No Shitting In The Toilet

No Shitting In The Toilet

A travel guide with a difference, this title introduces a world where you are more likely to find a cockroach on your pillow than a complimentary mint, where you take your life in your own hands every tim eyou get on a bus, where everything goes wrong, and you still end up loving every minute of it.
Published May 1st 2002 by Bantam (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about No Shitting In The Toilet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Shitting In The Toilet

Libby
Apr 09, 2009 Libby rated it liked it
Shelves: comedy, travel
A funny read. I had to laugh at all the walkman references though, cassette tapes are soooo early 90's! I do remember my joy at getting my first walkman though and I did take mine travelling with me. It saved me from oodles of Ace of Base songs - for that I am truly grateful...
Jun 20, 2008 Sarah rated it really liked it
A really funny travel guide from the people that seem to know how to backpack best. (the Australians)
Skyring
Nov 26, 2014 Skyring marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Rueben
Jan 20, 2017 Rueben rated it really liked it
C'mon, man, Brisbane ain't that bad!
Raigo
Jan 12, 2014 Raigo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kusagil esimese kolmandiku peal, kui ma olin end kohati juba hingetuks naernud, leidsin ma, et maailma naljakaima raamatu tiitel (mis kuulub teatavasti Jerome K. Jerome surematule reisijutule "Kolm meest paadis (koerast rääkimata)") võib juba ohus olla. Aga kusagil teise kolmandiku peal leidsin ma, et see muutub juba pisut väsitavaks. Nii et paadireis Thames'il jääb uhkelt edasi troonima.

Aga "Tualetis mitte sittuda" on sellegipoolest äärmiselt lõbus ja samas siiski ka hariv ning praktilisi näpun
Jennifer S. Alderson
Sep 20, 2016 Jennifer S. Alderson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel
Laugh out loud funny! His lists are spot on, especially good read for backpackers just returning home and having trouble readjusting to Western society. Have recommended it to all my traveler friends.
Jrnl010
Jan 21, 2016 Jrnl010 rated it did not like it
Mensen die reizen met constant een Lonely Planet in de hand,daar heb ik geen hoge pet van op. Al helemaal niet als er allemaal van die gele plakkertjes in zitten, waaruit blijkt dat ze het boek van tevoren thuis al hebben bestudeerd en zo de reis minutieus hebben voorbereid.

Alleen schapen volgen de kudde, geleid door bijdehante schrijvers van veel te dure en op de dag van uitkomen al verouderde reisgidsen. Zoek gewoon je eigen weg en laat je leiden door je boerenverstand.

Omdat ik dacht dat No
Carianne Carleo-Evangelist

He's no longer anti Canberra but obscenely anti Brisbane and New York. The New York thing pisses me off because I can't find from any of his stories that he's actually ever been there. And I'm also annoyed at yesterday's anti American tour guide, but anyway...

Loved his anecdotes and stories because we've all done such stupid stuff while travelling.

Honestly, I'm not sure what I thought about this book. It was typical Peter Moore in many sesnses but in others I think he's getting even more obno
John
Jan 02, 2008 John rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Moore fans
Shelves: travel
Unlike Moore's other books, this one is a combination of humorous (often saracstic pieces of travel "advice" grouped by theme: trains, planes, romance, trouble, etc.; within each he gives 10 anecdotes/examples/highlights from trips. I skimmed through this one quickly in a couple sittings though it's 250 pages long. Seems to be a filler book using much of the material from his previous exploits to get another title on the shelves for fans; new readers who find him funny would be hooked into readi ...more
Heidi
Sep 06, 2007 Heidi rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: travellers, backpackers, those who like to laugh
Shelves: travel
Peter Moore is a funny funny man. And Aussie slang is .. odd. This book is designed kind of like a guide book, except with a lot more laughing. Repetitive a few times, in the way travel stories can be, but still great. Treats travelling like the messy boring sometimes painful thing it can be and the stories like the trophies they are.

With helpful tips on how to exaggerate them believably and make people think you've been to Afghanistan or Pakistan!
Dolf Patijn
This is not a travel book but a travel guide. I enjoyed his travel books better. The "Vroom" books are great. This is one of these books where I wonder if the publisher told him that he needed to come out with a book and he still had some material lying around to put together this travel guide. It is funny in places but not all that engaging.
Kara
Apr 23, 2013 Kara rated it liked it
The book is packed with travel anecdotes and tips that give out a tang of dark humor. I might have been more into it if I had really planned to travel to somewhere adventurous right now. Still, it does spark some inspiration there. The book is divided into different topics so will really come in handy for all kinds of travelling.
Discoverylover
I didn't enjoy this as much as Vroom by the Sea but it was still pretty good! Great book to read while planning a big trip overseas with funny stories about when it had all gone wrong and how to get out of it.
Sally
Jul 28, 2011 Sally rated it really liked it
I loved this book. It's a real antidote to the happy, sometimes cheesy, pollyanna style travel books that are all over the travel book market. This goes into the really earthy side of travel, the stuff that the brochures don't brag about. If you've ever had an unfortuante travel experience it'll resonate all too clearly. I laughed till I cried.
Anna
Aug 01, 2007 Anna rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: all who've ever travelled or are about to
It was hilarious, and certainly a lot of situations that anyone who's ever travelled would recognize.

Don't read the entire book at once though - it gets too much. It's the perfect read for when you want to read something that doesn't require a lot of concentration.
Ad Chopper
Aug 06, 2011 Ad Chopper rated it liked it
A funny read, that I revisit once a year. Bite sized bits of information that is perfect for that long trip.
Print Teach
Jan 29, 2015 Print Teach rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant. Completely un-traditional, laugh-out-loud, travel guide. Full of quirky memories, very silly facts, and - seemingly by accident - some really useful information. I absolutely loved it!
Rui Igreja
Feb 04, 2014 Rui Igreja rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel
This was supposed to be a funny book. There are indeed some funny moments, but there are more boring ones.
Ann-Triksden
Dec 23, 2013 Ann-Triksden rated it really liked it
Some things got a bit repetitive, but overall it was funny and surprisingly insightful (I just spotted a few backpack travelers myself recently, the description was perfect).
Mike Evans
Mike Evans rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2012
Eirik Newth
Eirik Newth rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2014
Chetan
Chetan rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2012
Michele Davis
Feb 10, 2013 Michele Davis rated it it was amazing
Great laugh out loud stuff!
Vicky
Vicky rated it it was ok
Jul 05, 2012
Kreete
Kreete rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2015
Graeme Rennie
Graeme Rennie rated it really liked it
May 16, 2014
Mel O'Brien
Mel O'Brien rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2015
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2012
David Roach
David Roach rated it it was ok
Dec 28, 2015
Adriana
Adriana rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2014
  • It's Not About the Tapas: A Spanish Adventure on Two Wheels
  • The Practical Nomad: How to Travel Around the World
  • Signspotting: Absurd and Amusing Signs from Around the World
  • How it Works: The Wife
  • San Sombrero: A Land of Carnivals, Cocktails and Coups (Jetlag Travel Guide)
  • The Ripening Sun: One Woman and the Creation of a Vineyard
  • The Lonely Planet Guide To Experimental Travel
  • It's All Greek to Me!: A Tale of a Mad Dog and an Englishman, Ruins, Retsina--and Real Greeks
  • I Left My Tent in San Francisco
  • North of Ithaka: A Granddaughter Returns to Greece and Discovers Her Roots
  • Jaguars Ripped My Flesh
Peter Moore (born 18 July 1962) is an Australian travel writer.

Moore, who was born in Sydney, claims to have visited 99 countries. He currently lives with his wife and daughter in London. He has published many books that re-tell tales of his travels.

He is a Vespa enthusiast and his 2005 book Vroom with a View and 2007 book Vroom by the Sea feature trips through Italy taken on vintage Italian motor
More about Peter Moore...