Start by marking “Into the Fire (Troubleshooters #13)” as Want to Read:
Into the Fire (Troubleshooters #13)

Into the Fire (Troubleshooters #13)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  4,154 ratings  ·  237 reviews
Suspense doesn't burn any brighter and desire doesn't run any deeper than when Suzanne Brockmann takes the helm, opens the throttle, and takes readers along for a breathless ride as she breaks the thrill barrier-again and again. With Into the Fire, Brockmann lights the fuse on her most explosive story yet.
Vinh Murphy-ex-Marine and onetime operative for the elite security
Published January 27th 2009 by Ballantine (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Into the Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Into the Fire

jenjn79
Jul 24, 2008 jenjn79 rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Troubleshooters fans
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series / favorite author
I've been impatiently waiting to read this book since Brockmann started talking about it in her newsletters, but it was well worth the wait. This was a fantastic book. However, if you're looking for a book with a feel-good ending, this is NOT the one. Because even though the "main" couple, Vinh and Hannah, do get their happy ending, just about every other aspect of this book will leave you feeling ragged and unsettled.

There are a lot of storylines in this book, a lot of characters - and unless y
Auntee
Jul 25, 2008 Auntee rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Brockmann fans; Romantic Suspense fans
Wonderful book! Three great plots that all converge in a suspenseful and somewhat heartbreaking ending. This is not a stand alone book--you should read "Flashpoint", "Hot Target", and "Into the Storm" first or you most likely will be hopelessly lost and you definitely won't get the full impact this book delivers. Not since "Breaking Point" has S. Brockmann written a book that I was so invested in, I was reluctant to put it down. If I could have physically read this book the 10 hours straight it ...more
Leea
Mar 20, 2013 Leea rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Troubleshooter fans

Folsom Lake, Ca.

4.5 stars...

And Murphy realized, with a sudden sharp shock of awareness, that his and Hannah’s were not the only lives that had been permanently damaged by Angelina’s murder. There had been a ripple effect from the tragedy. And his friends, like Dave, had lost more than Angelina. They’d lost Murphy, too.

Into the Fire is the 13th book in Suzanne Brockmann Troubleshooter series. If you thought that the past books had you at the edge of your seat then honey hold on tight because
Quinn
Another whirlwind entry into Suzanne Brockmann's Troubleshooters series. This is without a doubt the most enjoyable (long) series I have ever read, of any genre.

One of the great things about this series is that you get story arcs and relationships that traverse multiple books. This allows you become attached to and invested in characters before they are featured in their own book, as well as staying in touch with the characters you have come to love from previous books.

And Brockmann can write a
Wendy F
Izzy Zanella. There that's my review. Those two words should sum up the fact that this book rocked, lol. Izzy Irving Zanella, yummy extraordinaire.

I'm not going to write a big huge review for this one, because I was so caught up in the book that I completely forgot to mark quotes and points. I'll just say that even though this review's tagline is Izzy Zanella, it actually wasn't about him primarily. It was about poor sweet Murphy who lost his wife Angelina a few books ago. I like the route that
Ann (Noumena12)
Into the Fire is Suzanne Brockmann’s 13th book in her Troubleshooter’s series. The publisher’s standard summary does not begin to cover all of the explosive drama in this book. Tommy Paoletti has his hands full keeping up with his Troublshooters and SEAL Team 16 friends.

The primary plot catches up with former Troubleshooter Vinh Murphy. Vinh’s wife Angelina was killed by members of Tim Ebersole’s Freedom Network in Hot Target. Hannah Whitfield introduced her two best friends, Vinh and Angelina,
PepperP0t (ireadthatbook.com)
Emotions were at an all-time high for this installment with both old and new characters recollecting endings, beginnings and everything in-between including the seedy underbelly of life. Theoretically this time out the couple du jour is Hannah & (Vinh) Murphy, but there are many other couples (Izzy & Eden; Dave, Decker & Sophia; (James) Nash & Tess) with baggage to share and high prices were paid in each of their threads. Certain that a domestic terrorist organization is responsi ...more
Ninabeena
Sep 06, 2008 Ninabeena rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: folks who like a little romance & a little action in their reading
Recommended to Ninabeena by: Target
Shelves: read-in-08
I liked the book for the most part its just that there are so many characters going on at one time in the book (like written soap opera scenes really) it's really hard not to skip ahead to the characters that you actually like the best part of the storyline. Some characters storyline is so much more intriguing that I'd almost say go ahead and skip except that at the end everyones story comes crashing together at once and it kind of sucks if you've only read peices of some of the characters story ...more
Lori McD
3.5-4 stars - kinda undecided....
RECOMMENDED FOR: Troubleshooters fans, Izzy fans, and those who want to know what happened to Murphy

This book... is ACTION-PACKED! And it's LONG! Not necessarily in a bad way, but I couldn't believe all that had happened and I wasn't even to the 50% mark yet! Wow. This book takes you to the edge and back, many times.

It's heart-warming, sad, healing, funny, heartbreaking, adrenaline pumping... and so much more.

We meet new characters, like Dr. Jo, the psychologist
Robin
Darcy
This is one of my favorite books in the series. I think the reason why is because it has a large cast of characters, some of them my favorites, and some of them that have grown on me.

I wasn't too sure about this one going into it. I was shocked and heartbroken when Angelina was killed and initially didn't think that anyone would be able to take her place. But as we got to know Hannah and Angelina as kids, I realized just what a selfish person Angelina was, and even sort of hate her a little bit
Rachel C.
I've been reading this series since the original publication of Book 1. I'm glad Brockmann is still going strong and I will definitely keep reading, but this one wasn't one of my favorites.

While I liked A-plot characters Vinh and Hannah individually, I didn't think they had much chemistry as a couple. Izzy Zanella (hero of the B-plot and future star of his own book, I'm sure) was goofy and endearing but he reminded me A LOT of Kenny Karmody from "Out of Control." And his relationship with Eden f
JazzRizz
Wow, this book packs a huge emotional gut punch.

There is SO.MUCH going on in this book. Murphy has always been a favorite of mine, and to see him pull himself up from the dark was a huge bright spot in this book.

The Decker/Dave/Sophia story line is finally moving forward. I'm not sure how I feel about where it's going yet.

Izzy ... I have to say this was the main part of the book for me. I have always adored Izzy ... and I'm tied up in knots for him at the end of this book.

Nash & Tess ... s
Colleen
Wow - very intense! 3 stories going on in this book, so you have to pay attention. I'm so glad I didn't have the chance to read this until right before Dark of Night came out (I was on the wait list with the library to read it). Because now I can go straight into reading DON to find out what happens. ITF really is part one of some of the characters stories - Murphy & Hannah have their HEA, but the story is definitely left open for Nash, Tess, Dave, Sophia, Decker, Izzy and Eden. Speaking of ...more
Jenifer Mohammed
Loved this story as it tied up loose ends with Vinh and gave him a new/old love with Hannah. Still plenty of excitement with dangerous villains everywhere. I was definitely sympathetic to Izzy's relationship with Eden after reading more about her past but she still seems untrustworthy to me.
Mareli
This book contained too may stories for me. And I kept being distracted from one other and so I didn't enjoy it as many before. The whole story bw Izzy Zanella and Eden could be written later, imo, and nobody would have missed it. It was good, but really, not so relevant in the whole plot of this book.

Instead the first story, about Murphy the previous TS who lost his wife during a job and his best friend Hannah, deaf after an incident working as a cop, was really really really good. Murphy was f
Jeffrey
Oct 16, 2008 Jeffrey rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance fans
Although this book is marketed as "romantic suspense", in reality it is merely a romance set in the world of spies, Navy Seals and domestic terrorists. The action, if you can call it that, and the "suspense" are muted. In addition, this novel starts with a bunch of characters who have a lot of background from a prior book and ends with at least two subjects still not settled, although three of the couples do get together and love is blooming for another couple. At one point in the novel there we ...more
Tasha
Paigersoccerfan
This is about the 10th or 11th book(?) I have read by this author. It is part of her "Navy Seals" series, so features many of the same familiar characters in each book. I loved it! She is so good at telling different stories simultaneously and then tying them all together. This book was like a roller coaster, the story builds and pulls you up and you know the big thrill ride is coming. She keeps the story exciting with a big crescendo at the end. I own most of the books in this series and think ...more
Arch
Dave Malkoff and Sophia Ghaffari is the only reason why I have checked out this book. A buddy of mine knows that I am a big fan of Dave Malkoff and that I think that he and Sophia would make a cute couple. In my circle. I was the only one seeing Sophia and Dave as a couple. My buddies were seeing Sophia and Decker. I honestly can't see Sophia with Decker. He doesn't love her. Yet, everyone sees things differently.

The book will get three stars. Dave and Sophia is the only reason why I am giving
Fri
Heather in FL
Well, it was good to see Vinh again. It wasn’t so great to find out that Angelina wasn’t really the love of his life. Oh, he loved her, but it seemed almost like she was second choice. He made do (though legitimately in love) since Hannah seemed to not be interested. So, I guess I’m glad that Vinh and Hannah got a second chance. I was also confused by everything going on between Tess and Nash. Seems like they haven’t been quite on the same page since they started. And then Decker/Sophia/Dave… I ...more
Amy
This is the best book in the Troubleshooters series. I love it when Suzanne Brockmann brings in characters from other books and doesn't just focus on one or two in a book. This was fabulous -- we got to see almost every character she has previously written about!

I loved the storyline with Murphy and Hannah, but I also loved reading about Eden & Izzy. BTW, can Eden's brother be a bigger ass?

Wonderful! Wonderful! Wonderful!

I can't wait for the next story in this series!
Chris
It was an interesting way to learn more about Deck. I did really like Murph and Hannah. Izzy and Eden's relationship was definitely an added dimension to the book. The ending was surprising and not. The book was very fast paced. Overall, I liked this book and would read it again, though, probably only as part of a series re-read.
Wendy
Totally Loved this Book! there was a lot happening and I loved it all. Vinh and Hanna are great characters, but I was really loving the Zanella and Eden storyline. I hope they have more story in the next books. I give this one a 5 out of 5. It was probably my favorite of the series so far.
Primadonna
Love the multiplots. But knowing this is one of the many books concerning Troubleshooters, it leaves me with lots of questions.

Strangely, I love Izzy. And somehow I can't say the same about Eden. It's like any minute I, as a reader, am supposed to feel sorry for her but... not really.
Bob
I listened to this book while on a trip. It has got to be one of the worst novels ever written. The characters, in particular the women, came across as childish brats. The dialogue was profoundly inane. I can't beleive I listened to the whole thing.
Allen Wolf
The first Brockmann book I read. Turns out there is a whole series all dealing with the same characters and same plot. Light, entertaining plots involving foiling the bad guys, solve the crime and toss in some steamy sex. Not exactly literature.
Trina Nache Baxter
I liked her earlier books. Now she has too many plot lines and they jump all over the place. I don't know if I'll read any more of her books.
Lorraine.Hates.Cliffhanger.Endings!
Wow, what a story or should I say stories. Rushing off to read the next book now!!!!!!
  • Time to Run (SEAL Team 12, #3)
  • With No Remorse (Black Ops, #6)
  • Shattered (High Risk, #3)
  • Hold on Tight (Hold Trilogy, #3)
  • Last Chance (Last Chance Rescue, #6)
  • White Heat (T-FLAC, #11)
  • Crazy Kisses (Steele Street, #4)
Suzanne Brockmann was born in 1960. Married with Ed Gaffney, a lawyer and published writer. They have two grown children: Melanie, who is a personal trainer and author, and Jason, who is an actor and tap dancer. They divide their time between Boston, Massachusetts, Sarasota, Florida and New York City.

Published since 1993, Suzanne is widely recognized as one of the leading voices in suspense romanc
More about Suzanne Brockmann...

Troubleshooters (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • The Unsung Hero (Troubleshooters, #1)
  • The Defiant Hero (Troubleshooters, #2)
  • Over the Edge (Troubleshooters, #3)
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
  • Into the Night (Troubleshooters, #5)
  • Gone Too Far (Troubleshooters, #6)
  • Flashpoint (Troubleshooters, #7)
  • Hot Target (Troubleshooters, #8)
  • Breaking Point (Troubleshooters, #9)
  • Into the Storm (Troubleshooters, #10)
The Unsung Hero (Troubleshooters, #1) Over the Edge (Troubleshooters, #3) Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4) Gone Too Far (Troubleshooters, #6) Breaking Point (Troubleshooters, #9)

“Because first and foremost, Izzy was marrying Eden Gillman because he wanted her to keep on smiling at him, the way she was smiling at him right now.
He wanted to be her hero.”
1 likes
“Dr. Heissman laughed and immediately apologized, "I'm sorry, I'm just so used to what I think of as squeezing water from a stone syndrome. SpecWar operators are not big on admitting to what they perceive to be a weakness. Even though awareness of vulnerability ultimately leads to strength. Either from directly dealing with the issue or learning to work around it.” 0 likes