Start by marking “The 8th Journal” as Want to Read:
The 8th Journal

Read Book

The 8th Journal

What do we really know about ourselves--or the ones connected to us? Holly Anderson is just looking for an excuse to take a year off before starting college, but she never expected her time off to be so dramatic--or so potentially deadly. Reeling from the discovery that she is adopted and that her birthmother is the author of the best-selling adventure series of which she ...more
Published September 12th 2006 by Booksurge Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The 8th Journal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The 8th Journal

Liliana
Jun 29, 2016 Liliana rated it liked it
I received this book for free through Goodreads Giveaways.

The 8th Journal is about an eighteen year old girl named Holly who finds out that her biological mother, who recently passed away, is the famous and well-known author of the Buzz Series, and that she has entrusted her on finishing it. Not only that, but she also leaves her eight journals that certain individuals would kill for.

The story builds nicely, but I still felt it was slow and that it lacked the Indiana Jones action I was hoping f
Jessica Armstrong
Sep 10, 2015 Jessica Armstrong rated it really liked it
This coming of age mystery story follows Holly as her world is rocked: She finds out she is adopted and her late biological mother wants her to finish the hit series she published. Talk about high expectations! Holly is relatable; esp. to young adults entering their college years, the uncertainty of life and what to make of it can be daunting for all of us.
A maze of Family secrets, puzzles and dangerous incidents will have our main Lady and her closest friends Johan, T.J., Gilbert and the Profes
Renee Spicuzza
Sep 01, 2015 Renee Spicuzza rated it really liked it
This is the first novel that I have read from Nicole Parris and I am glad that I happened upon her while looking up some dramatic books on Amazon. “The 8th Journal” is a novel that follows Holly, a girl that many people, teenagers specifically, can relate to because she is nervous to go into a higher level of education and then has dramatic events bombard her as she goes through her year off. She discovers that she is actually the daughter of an author who has written her favorite novels and ...more
Alizabeth
Sep 12, 2015 Alizabeth rated it it was amazing
I really love all of the inspirational quotes that I'm finding in these books that are written by unknown authors. They are really life changing and beautiful and this book was just another example. I cried while I read this book, as it is so very, very, very beautiful. This isn't your average love story. Plus, Holly is a highly relate-able character. On top of that, there is a curse and a treasure! How cool is that? I thought everything that was tied inside in this book was really extravagant. ...more
Jan Heart
Oct 05, 2015 Jan Heart rated it it was amazing
New author with an excellent story to tell.
Who doesn’t need a break now and then? I got this book before the start of a particularly rainy three day weekend. If I’m going to be stuck inside I’d like to be stuck with a good book. This one did not disappoint. There’s a lot of new authors out there that I’ve trudged my way through their books only to be disappointed for my perseverance. There was no trudging with this book. I loved the story line and Holly was a very well developed character that g
Jennie Freestone
Feb 24, 2009 Jennie Freestone rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, adventure
OMGosh, this is a GREAT book and I am not just saying that because Nicole is my friend. From the very beginning to the end you are really tied into the emotions of each character. Every time you think you know what is going to happen, there are more twists and turns. It was truly captivating. You know its a good book when you have a hard time putting it down... you just want to know what is going to happen next! Loved it! Two thumbs up!
Kerry
Sep 08, 2008 Kerry rated it it was ok
This was an intriguing book. I became annoyed with the redundant descriptions and dialog, but was completely captivated by the plot - I simply had to finish it to find out the answer to who was behind what was happening! It was a new and innovative idea for an action/mystery book, and I hope it is successful enough to encourage the first time writer to try another creative action book.
Lisa Swift
I received this book through a goodreads giveaway and could not have enjoyed the book more. A mystery that incorporates history and adventure along with interesting and engaging characters equals a terrific read. I will continue to follow Nicole Parrish and hope to enjoy more of her work in the future.
Janet
May 01, 2014 Janet rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
A strong, and refreshing, book. The characters grab ahold of you from the start, and you can't help but get very involved in the story. And what an exciting journey Holly, and cast, take you on. All in all, a refreshingly pure, and solid, mystery that everyone will enjoy. This book will someday make an awesome movie.
Brenda Hannan
Mar 13, 2016 Brenda Hannan rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book from beginning to end, I could not put it down! There are so many twists and turns that all came together perfectly in the end. I am already wanting a sequel!!! I talked about this book so much, that my husband decided to read it too.
Greer Tate
Jun 04, 2015 Greer Tate rated it it was amazing
WINNAH!

I was recommended this book by a friend who does NOT like to read and read it in 2 days. I could not put it down from start to finish. I had no idea how it was going to end and loved the twist at the end. Highly recommend to all teens. I see this as a movie. Heart it!
J.M.
Feb 15, 2010 J.M. rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned
Picked this up at the Hanover Book Festival because I was told by the author that it was a mix of Harry Potter meets Indiana Jones.

In short, it isn't.
Steven Hannan
Mar 13, 2016 Steven Hannan rated it it was amazing
My wife recommended The 8th Journal to me and I really enjoyed the adventure and mystery. It was truly a page-turner!
Frankenstein Galilei Octan
Frankenstein Galilei Octan rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2015
Thomas
Thomas rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2016
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2015
Alex S
Alex S rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2008
Chelsea
Chelsea rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2011
Bridgit
Bridgit rated it it was ok
Mar 10, 2009
Maureen
Maureen rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2016
Steph
Steph marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2012
Carla
Carla marked it as to-read
Frederick Rotzien
Frederick Rotzien marked it as to-read
Rochelle
Rochelle marked it as to-read
Katrina Mcghee
Katrina Mcghee marked it as to-read
Greg Leaping
Greg Leaping marked it as to-read
June
June marked it as to-read
Barbara Summey
Barbara Summey marked it as to-read
Ann Ellis
Ann Ellis marked it as to-read
Dr. Cole Marie Mckinnon
Dr. Cole Marie Mckinnon marked it as to-read
Debbie Carnes
Debbie Carnes marked it as to-read
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
D
D marked it as to-read
Cynthia Schwarzer
Cynthia Schwarzer marked it as to-read
Vykki
Vykki marked it as to-read
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Dawn Obrien
Dawn Obrien marked it as to-read
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
Kathy Heare Watts
Kathy Heare Watts marked it as to-read
Joy Adams
Joy Adams marked it as to-read
Nancy Driver
Nancy Driver marked it as to-read
Michele
Michele marked it as to-read
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Kryss
Kryss marked it as to-read
Lisa Cobb Sabatini
Lisa Cobb Sabatini marked it as to-read
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Laura Reading
Laura Reading marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
  • Plain Jane and the Playboy (Fortunes of Texas: Return to Red Rock, #1)
  • Anna Meets Her Match (Chatam House, #1)
  • Behind the Scenes with Count Olaf
  • The Witch Thief (Unbound #6)
  • The Wedding Night
  • Savage Redemption (Vampire #5)
  • When My Love Returns from the Ladies Room, Will I Be Too Old To Care? (MM to TR Promotion)
  • Death by Sudoku
  • The Mad Hatter Mystery (Dr. Gideon Fell, #2)
  • His Thirty-Day Fiancee (Rich, Rugged And Royal #2)
  • Lone Defender (Heroes for Hire, #4)
  • A Perfect Love (Texas Hearts, #2)
  • Shifter's Destiny
  • Guardian of the Night (Vampire Moons, #2)
  • Treasure at Lure Lake
  • Sweet Surrender, Baby Surprise (Duke Brothers #2)
  • The Skeleton Garden: (Potting Shed Mystery, #4)
  • Nothing Short Of Perfect (Perfect #1; Billionaires and Babies, #21)
Nicole is from Colonial Heights, Virginia. She majored in Marketing and holds a Masters in Education. In-between writing and blogging Nicole home-schools her two children, Tanner (8) and Wrenn (6). She's also a freelance speaker and medical contributor for hospitals regarding palliative care and lung transplantation--inspired by her daughter, Wrenn, who had a double lung transplant in 2010. ...more
More about Nicole Parris...