Start by marking “The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)

The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #5)

4.47 of 5 stars 4.47  ·  rating details  ·  342,835 ratings  ·  12,306 reviews
All year the half-bloods have been preparing for battle against the Titans, knowing the odds of a victory are grim. Kronos’s army is stronger than ever, and with every god and half-blood he recruits, the evil Titan’s power only grows.

While the Olympians struggle to contain the rampaging monster Typhon, Kronos begins his advance on New York City, where Mount Olympus stands
Audio CD, 381 pages
Published May 12th 2009 (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Last Olympian, please sign up.

Serena 'Heroes of Olympus' has Percy Jackson in them, and there are Kane Chronicle/Percy Jackson crossovers (The Staff or Serapis, The Son of Sobek) but you…more'Heroes of Olympus' has Percy Jackson in them, and there are Kane Chronicle/Percy Jackson crossovers (The Staff or Serapis, The Son of Sobek) but you will want to read the Kane Chronicles before the crossovers - as well as the Heroes of Olympus because the crossovers take place after those series are over. (less)
City of Ashes by Cassandra ClareHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareMarked by P.C. Cast
Books That Should Be Made Into Movies
14th out of 19,116 books — 52,145 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. RowlingTo Kill a Mockingbird by Harper LeeTwilight by Stephenie MeyerPride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Best Books Ever
157th out of 35,330 books — 135,662 voters

More lists with this book...

Cara
I'm a little sad actually because I didn't want to say goodbye to our hero, the one and only Percy Jackson.

From the beginning we can already see things are going to move quickly. Kronos has a lot of things up his sleeve and won't let Percy and the other demigods have a break. The book pretty much starts off with a bang and doesn't slow down from there. Annabeth and Percy's relationship is kind of strained and Rachel showing up isn't helping matters. I have to say all the books have a lot of act
Tom
I'll bet you 1,000,000 dollars that this is gonna be the best Percy Jackson book!
Valerie
I finished this with a smile. After finishing The Battle of the Labyrinth I had no doubt that I would love the last one. Why specifically I knew this, I have no idea. But I was right and I'm happy when I'm right.

I was surprised that most of the book is set in New York City but it actually makes sense since Mount Olympus is above the Empire State Building.

I liked this book so much for the same reasons that I liked the other books. It was so funny. The part with the peanut butter had me laughing
Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*
Finished re-reading this––and yup, it's still amazing. It's been five years since I first read it, and that ending still makes me tear up. GAHHHHH. <3 I will write a longer review at some point.

I'll put my old review under a spoiler because it was very spoilery (and oh my gosh I was ... not the most eloquent back then, to put it lightly). :P

(view spoiler)
Kat O'Keeffe
A MILLION STARS! Perfect ending to a perfect series!
Dylan Williams
And that is how you finish a series!
Mario
After reading The Battle of the Labyrinth I thought it would be my favorite in the series. I can't say how wrong I was.

This was it. This was the best one in the series. It was just... epic. Perfect way to end it. Reading last few pages I had a huge lump in my throat. After finishing it, I just sat there, wishing to flip it to page one, and start again.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to read Heroes of Olympus soon.
Susannah
I am even more excited for this book than I was for HP 7. I totally love this series because I love Greek mythology. Anyways, this book will be amazing. I really hope we find out about Nico's past. I hope that Annabeth will realize that Luke is scum. I'm hoping for some good Percabeth moments or else I sue. More of the Olympians, particularly Athena, Apollo and Artemis, would be appreciated.
Janeen-san
This book is the extremily satisfying final book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympian sereis. A few points could have used a dash more explanation, but everything else I thought was absolutly great.
Riordan has filled this story to the brim with excitment, humor and danger.
Familiar characters return, and a few new ones are introduced. Rachel Elizabeth Dare, a mortal child who aided the half-bloods in the last book, The Battle of the Labyrinth, has a huge and important role to play.
Annabeth fina
Zoë (readbyzoe)
WOW JUST WOW. Easily my favorite book in the series! It wrapped up this series perfectly and gave hints to what would happen in the Heroes of Olympus series! I'm definitely a little in love with Percy now and have a total girl crush on Annabeth and those last couple of pages killed me (in a good way). I'm so glad I finished this series and I can't wait to start the Heroes of Olympus next year!
Marina

I still cannot believe what I read. This book had so many levels of awesome that attempting to grasp it would be like trying to fit a double-ended piece of thread through the head of a needle. This finale was just a never-ending rollercoaster ride and I think the best series ending I've ever read!:D

Ashley
WHY IS IT THE LAST ONE???!!!!! WHY TORTURE ME SO??!!! I CANT WAIT FOR IT!!!!! IF HE DOESNT HOOK UP A BETTER PERCABETH ROMANCE< IM SUING HIM!!!
Daria
I'll admit it. I was slightly dissapointed. I would have loved to give it 5 stars (can't give any less than four, seeing as it's Percy Jackson), but it lacked... something new. That's what I loved so much about the other books - they would amaze me with some new humorous twist on Greek mythology, and yet there was nothing in this one. (Albeit the Styx incident, of which I'll say nothing more, so fear no spoilers.) It was all so.... EXPECTED. In the very early action scenes, I felt as though Rior ...more
Laz
“With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.”

The world is ending and Grover is sleeping, oh my god. This was my favorite book in the series. My favorite satyr just slayed it all, okay.

Coming to its end, this book was epic. Truly, I loved it. I love how it all played out in the end. I remember strolling around my house with the book in my hand reading it because I was, oh, so anxious about how it would end and also sad because this was coming to its end.

In this book, t
Jeann (Happy Indulgence)
Finishing off the last of the Percy Jackson series, I felt rather sad that there will be no more following Percy, Grover, Annabeth and his demigod campers on their adventures. This book was absolutely flawless with incredibly action and commeration to Greek mythology tying everything together in the end.

The Last Olympian is pretty much all out action from the first page, as the Titan God Kronos unleashes his attack upon the world. As with the end of every great series, there are great moments mi
Nicole Catherine
May 17, 2009 Nicole Catherine rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Nicole Catherine by: a looooot of people. Aimee. Jake Vacanti. My brother...
I was up until 1:30 last night reading this book. Riordan did a great job tying up the loose ends (resulting in an awful lot of flashbacks, but that's okay because they were interesting flashbacks!) and the ending wasn't what anyone expected. At no point did I want to throw the book across the room (which can happen with the last book in a series) and I never even thought about going to bed and finishing it in the morning. My only complaint? Percy, as much as I love him, still acts twelve. And a ...more
Sella Malin
Jonathan

The Last Olympian is my personal favourite in the Percy Jackson series. While many series end on a poor conclusion, leaving fans divided (see Mockingjay for instance), this is one of those books that most readers tend to see as having brought about an overall satisfying conclusion. I suppose that this is helped by the fact that where the four books prior to this tend to be formulaic, setting up the series for this conclusion, The Last Olympian takes a different approach. However, something else
Adam Floridia

After mocking the mom of J,
Outside of norms he will stray.
Once hooked by the sirens’ call,
He will rush to read them all.
Did he overcome his fatal flaw?
Well, perhaps…let’s see…Naw!

Oh my gods! The prophecy came true! With our upcoming Hellenic trip, I thought it would be great to buff up on my Greek mythology. Of course for me, that means looking through notes from a grad course on mythology and re-reading texts like The Illiad, The Aergonautica, Ovid’s Metamorphosis, and Hesiod’s Theogeny. I r
Wendell Adams
Originally reviewed at Bookwraiths Reviews

The Last Olympian is, I suppose, a fitting conclusion to the Percy Jackson series. It brings together all the memorable characters one last time; lets them take their turn in the spotlight; entertains a long time reader with a novel spanning battle of epic proportions; and then simply and neatly ties up the loose plot threads. So for all those reasons, it is a satisfying ending to one of the most well-known coming-of-age tales in recent memory.

Like all
Kevin
This book was an amazing end to the Percy Jackson series. I'd definitely recommend the entire series to others.

It's kind of sad that there weren't be any more, but Riordan is going to be doing a "Camp Half-Blood" series which will sort of be a continuation of the existing story, just without the focus on the main characters from the Percy Jackson books. It's good in a way, since there's a bit more freedom to develop plenty of other characters and have plenty of plots and sub-plots going on, but
Mahana
What did people do when the Heroes of Olympus series wasn't fully released? What would people do if it was never released? HOW DO YOU JUST SAY GOODBYE TO PERCY JACKSON?
Nina Rapsodia
Jan 07, 2015 Nina Rapsodia rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Todo el mundo
Recommended to Nina by: Internet

Colombia.

Para: Rick Riordan
Campamento mestizo
Long Island, USA.

Me remito de nuevo a usted señor Riordan, luego de mi primer carta el año pasado. Le escribo esta misiva porque quería comentarle mis progresos finales con su saga de Perseo Jackson. Si, usted ya debe saber que me gusta comentar mis progresos literarios con personas que seguro no le interesarán, pero yo igualmente lo hago. ¿Y quiere saber porqué? Porque es
Brett
It was really good, I'm just sad that the series is over.
Megan
Sep 27, 2008 Megan marked it as to-read
OMG THIS IS LIKE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!
Becky
Alrighty, this review is going to be a two-fer, both a review of the book and the series. And I'm gonna make it short and sweet: It rocked.

Ok, a little longer than that. I have really come to love the characters in this series, and so I almost dreaded finishing this book even though I was almost dying to see what happened. This series didn't have the same butterfly-belly-anticipation as the Harry Potter finale held for me, simply because I'd had to wait so long for Harry to fight his last stand.
Mounica
Juliana Zapata
Fue un final increíble. Esta saga para mi no tuvo pero. Ame a los personajes durante todas las escenas y este final (a pesar de toda la tensión de la batalla) fue tan magnifico que me dejo con una sonrisa tonta en la cara.

Y AMO A PERCY!!

Reseña Completa: http://bastvilard.blogspot.com/2014/1...
Video-Reseña: http://youtu.be/cbpShJ8Dzc4
Joel
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

That is all.
  • Peter and the Secret of Rundoon (Peter and the Starcatchers, #3)
  • The Siege of Macindaw (Ranger's Apprentice, #6)
  • Behemoth (Leviathan, #2)
  • Fang (Maximum Ride, #6)
  • The Inside Story (The Sisters Grimm, #8)
  • Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane (Underland Chronicles, #2)
  • The Eternity Code (Artemis Fowl, #3)
  • Darke (Septimus Heap, #6)
  • The Overlord Protocol (H.I.V.E., #2)
  • The Rivers of Zadaa (Pendragon, #6)
  • The Wizard Heir (The Heir Chronicles, #2)
  • Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary (Fablehaven, #4)
  • Bloodhound (Beka Cooper, #2)
  • The Warlock (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #5)
  • Tiger's Voyage (The Tiger Saga, #3)
  • Dandelion Fire (100 Cupboards, #2)

More about Rick Riordan...

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (5 books)
  • The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
  • The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)
  • The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4) The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3) The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2)

“With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.” 7893 likes
“It's hard to enjoy practical jokes when your whole life feels like one.” 1795 likes