Start by marking “Our Own Piece of Paris” as Want to Read:
Our Own Piece of Paris

Our Own Piece of Paris

3.06 of 5 stars 3.06  ·  rating details  ·  17 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Paris has seduced many, but for Ellie Nielsen, it's true love. So deep was her infatuation with the city that, if she couldn't have it all to herself, she simply had to buy her own little piece of it. This is an account of one couple's attempt to buy their dream flat in Paris.
Published 2008 by Atlantic Books

To ask other readers questions about Our Own Piece of Paris, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Own Piece of Paris

Stephanie (Stepping out of the Page)
Okay, so it was a little bit charming, but it was nothing exciting at all. It seemed quite repetitive and as though it was going nowhere. I did like the ending, but it seemed to drag on in order to get to those final few sentences. The whole book seemed a little bit impulsive and I felt as though it was really quite basic. It did give an insight into France and living in Paris, but I was hoping to actually see the book progress past the purchase of the appartment and not just stop there. An easy ...more
Josie
Light-hearted and amusing! I very much enjoyed seeing Paris from an Australian's point of view (i.e. without the inevitable sniping that would come from a British writer). Ellie Nielsen is in love with the city of light! Everything is wonderful! She can choose whether to have a chequebook that opens comme çi or comme ça! And she does make it sound like a fantastic dream, meeting all sorts of characters and having real-estate adventures.

Note: there's a fair bit of untranslated French in this book
Turi
A fun journey through an Australian couple's looking for and eventually buying an apartment in Paris. I love reading books like this, partly for the little details of everyday French life, but also to hear the enthusiasm of someone who's so in love with France. I hope Ellie Nielsen writes a follow-up about settling into their new place.
Jenn
This book was a fun read for me since I lived in Paris for 2.5 years.
Elisabeth
OK So sew me, I liked it. Hey, Paris is in it, what's not to like ;-)
Fikontong
Fikontong marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Joshua Thibodeau
Joshua Thibodeau marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Ratchel10584
Ratchel10584 marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2013
Emma Smith
Emma Smith marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2012
Kirsten Leslie-Osuna
Kirsten Leslie-Osuna marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2011
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2011
Nicola
Nicola marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2010
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2009
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2009
Buying a Piece of Paris Buying a Piece of Paris: A Memoir Buying a Piece of Paris: Finding a Key to the City of Love Buying a Piece of Paris: The Home of My Dreams in the City of Lights Buying a Piece of Paris: A Memoir