Start by marking “Adultery For Beginners” as Want to Read:
Adultery For Beginners

Adultery For Beginners

'A light yet extremely gripping romantic novel with the page-turning quality of a thriller.' -Daily Express (UK) Isabel and Neil have returned home to their comfortable sub-urban life after years abroad. Neil settles contentedly back into the life they'd left behind years before, but Isabel-pro-fes-sional wife and mother-is restless. Tired of just being 'Neil's wife' or 'M ...more
Published May 24th 2004 by Coronet Books

To ask other readers questions about Adultery For Beginners, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Adultery For Beginners

Aileen
May 27, 2011 Aileen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Isobel is married to Neil they have 2 children Michael and Katie they
have just returned to England. Neil has settled in and the children are
settling into School, Isobel is bored and wants to find work. She soon
makes Friends and she gets an interview with Patrick Sherwin and after
an interview she has the job, as his Assistant, Neil doesn’t seem
impressed, he says it sounds dodgy as she is working at Patricks House.
When she starts to have feelings for Patrick does she take things
further? Jus
Courtney
Originally checked out of the library to tease my husband and expecting typical chick lit, this turned out to be a really weird read. The twists at the end were wild and if not for the really obvious final thing - I would have given it more stars.
Jenn
Apr 02, 2007 Jenn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Predictable and mostly boring.
Krista
Sep 14, 2015 Krista rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
boring
Chrissy
May 06, 2012 Chrissy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
I don't know why it is that I like these domestic drama type books as much as I do, but I'm always a sucker for a good novel about a realistic relationship -- even one that ends in infidelity, right? And, that's definitely not a spoiler, given the title of this gem... obviously...

And speaking of titles, the title of this one *almost* stopped me from reading it. I mean, it seemed like it'd be another of those quirky, ironic type novels from the title -- or a bubble brained chick lit from the cove
Christie
Jane Green (author of books like The Beach House and Promises to Keep) says Sarah Duncan’s novel Adultery for Beginners is “completely engrossing. Like having an affair with (thankfully) none of the guilt.” I find that endorsement sort of strange, really. Like we all dream about having affairs or something. Is there something titillating about them?

Duncan’s novel tells the story of Isabel and Neil. They’ve been married for a while, living the ex-pat life because of Neil’s job as an engineer and
Shannon
Feb 20, 2017 Shannon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read. Started out light and fluffy but got deeper and more complicated. People are often not what they seem.
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★

Isabel and Neil are old marrieds. Suburban old marrieds, at that. While the routine that's as comfortable as an old shoe seems to suit Neil just fine, Isabel--professional wife and mother and one the nicest women in the line at school pick-up--is restless. Tired of being just "Neil's wife" or "Michael's mommy", she takes a part-time job working for the disorganized but devastatingly attractive Patrick, only to find herself drawn to him. Despite telling herself to think of her husband and childre
Alexandra Rolo
Adultério para principiantes é um romance engraçado para ler naqueles dias em que não nos apetece pensar muito. Tal como o nome pode "indicar" este é um livro para o público feminino.
Temos um casal que regressa ao seu país após vários anos a trabalhar no estrangeiro. Isabel cujos dias eram passados entre tratar da casa e levar os filhos à escola sente falta de algo mais e procura trabalho.
Uma vida aborrecida e um casamento sem calor onde o sexo era parte da rotina levam-na a descobrir a sensuali
Annie Ortiz
Feb 27, 2015 Annie Ortiz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nell
Jun 15, 2008 Nell rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The writing in this book was excellent but I couldn't empathise with the characters so the read wasn't as fulfilling as I'd hoped it would be.
Tina
Nov 14, 2009 Tina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great book to read in a plane!!
Kassy
Aug 07, 2016 Kassy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The worst book I have ever read.
Stephane Rector
May 16, 2011 Stephane Rector rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: not-finished
I really wanted to like this book, I just couldn't get myself to care about the story or the any of the characters.
Debrah
Jul 31, 2011 Debrah rated it it was ok
Ok i suppose but extremely predictable throughout. Well defined characters though for a book like this.
Sheri
I enjoyed this book. I wasn't sure when I started but could empathise with the main character and see how she made the decisions she did. I will read other books by this author.
Jenny
Jenny rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2012
Andrea
Andrea rated it liked it
Jun 28, 2016
Rhonda
Rhonda rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2011
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2014
Devna
Devna rated it it was ok
Sep 21, 2013
Irma Herrera
Irma Herrera rated it liked it
Dec 13, 2013
Ange
Ange rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2013
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Nov 05, 2012
Kritika Manchanda
Kritika Manchanda rated it liked it
May 26, 2013
Beth Frazier
Beth Frazier rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2008
Katrina Kincaid
Katrina Kincaid rated it it was ok
Jan 17, 2013
Jill
Jill rated it liked it
May 20, 2013
Tracy
Tracy rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2011
Kim D
Kim D rated it it was ok
Sep 10, 2011
  • Final Demand
  • The Seventh Sanctuary
  • Dym
  • Blink of an Eye
  • Fallen Angel (The Blue Angel Series, #2)
There is more than one author with this name.
More about Sarah Duncan...