Start by marking “King Arthur: His Knights And Their Ladies” as Want to Read:

IX. More of Launcelot and Elaine
X. Of Sir Galahad
XI. Of the Death of Arthur
Published 1979 by Scholastic Book Services

To ask other readers questions about King Arthur, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about King Arthur

Dan Schwent
This was the first King Arthur book I ever read at the tender age of eight, bought at a yard sale for a dime. I recently tracked it down after finding out my mom donated it to a school along with a pile of my other childhood favorites.

King Arthur: His Knights and Their Ladies is a distilled version of the King Arthur stories everyone knows. For me, it was a gateway into other Arthurian stuff and fantasy in general.

As I said, it's distilled. Arthur's origin is simplified, the Knights of the Roun
Chelsea Decker
If you're wanting to read this book for an enjoyable, pleasurable story... think again.
My husband suggested I read this book after I read a book that had some King Arthur legends stirred in it. I couldn't figure out what parts were the legends, and which were what the author made up. This book is a great juvenile summary of most of the famous Arthur legends. Now it all makes sense! And Brian says Monty Python will make more sense now. :)
So use this book for quick reference if you're dumb like m
Arianna
I was reading this for my Secondary 2 english class, so the whole class had to read it together. It took at least one month to read this, and while I was reading this in class, I was reading Mary Stewart's Merlin Trilogy at home. Mary Stewart's is much better than this, because she explains different possibilities at the end of her book (1). Not this book. Anyways, I give it a 2.5/5 stars. I do recommend people to read it though!
Khadeeja Tariq
Nice but a little kiddish. I hate the fact that Arthur actually had a kid with his half-sister and he didn't even know. Plus all that bewitching people to look like other people just for love is pretty stupid. Anyway,... it's still a classic.
3 out of 5.
Adam
A very brief, simplified retelling of the story of King Arthur and his knights and their ladies. There are some good stories in there, but this telling of them is pretty bland.
Julie
Julie added it
Jan 21, 2015
DragonSafira
DragonSafira marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Tonya
Tonya added it
Aug 30, 2014
Oguzhan Ayaş
Oguzhan Ayaş marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Lori
Lori added it
Jun 14, 2014
Sarah added it
Dec 06, 2014
Matthias
Matthias marked it as to-read
May 12, 2014
Su
Su marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
S
S marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Fucker
Fucker marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2013
Emilie
Emilie marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2013
Me
Me added it
Jul 18, 2013
Beth
Beth added it
May 17, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
They Led the Way: 14 American Women Sugarplum Mrs. Satan: The incredible saga of Victoria C. Woodhull Great Gravity the Cat Kings, Lovers And Fools