Start by marking “The God Code” as Want to Read:
The God Code

The God Code

Gregg Braden investigates what it would mean to discover an ancient language - a literal message - hidden within the DNA of life itself, and shows what was once believed of our past is about to change.
Published January 1st 2005 by Hay House (first published January 30th 2004)

Joel
May 06, 2012 Joel rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one
His methodology is arbitrary, unscientific, and gimmicky. Google the book and you'll see what I mean. Books like this give Christians a bad name.

On page 16, he says "Pioneer 10 [the satellite] was almost 11 light years away, so it took 11 hours to send the signal and another 11 for it to be returned," which is obviously ludicrous to anyone who knows what a light year is.
Xabier Cid
Oct 03, 2009 Xabier Cid rated it did not like it
This book is completely erroneous, in the best scenario. Probably, is just a big lie. That's why:

1. The common believe is science
"Population statistics from the 2000 are believed to be the most accurate in history, indicating that we share our world with approximately 6.2 billion of our kind. Of that number, nearly 95 percent, or 5.9 billion people, believe in the existence of a higher power or Supreme Being of some description. More than half of those people refer to this power as 'God'. These
Nikki
Jan 02, 2010 Nikki rated it liked it
The author makes an interesting mapping of Hebrew characters to the elements (because Hebrew characters are also used as numbers). What he found is the message 'God is within you' in all carbon-based life. I got lost in some of his technical explanations...mostly because he uses the Sepher Yetzirah (an ancient Kabbalah text) as his basis. And the other assumption that I question is the premise that God's language is Hebrew.

I very much appreciated his message that because all humanity shares a co
Maryann Castellanos
I really like Gregg and his books. He is technical yet builds the mind up gradually so the consciousness can hold the concepts.
Dale
Sep 25, 2012 Dale rated it it was amazing
Shelves: quantum
Hard to follow at times, though well written. The content is amazing to contemplate.
Andrea Marley
Jul 31, 2015 Andrea Marley rated it really liked it
heavy
Iona  Stewart
Jul 22, 2011 Iona Stewart rated it liked it
This book has an exciting message in that the author directly links the name of God in Hebrew letters to the DNA code in our cells.

"Replacing the four elements of our DNA by the letters represented by their ancient and number code reveals that the basis of all life is made of various combinations of God's ancient name, YH, meaning 'Eternal'."

A point Braden makes that particularly appeals to me is that God halted creation before it was complete and commanded humankind to "walk before Me and becom
Nate
Feb 15, 2009 Nate rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Alex B
Recommended to Nate by: mom2
I like everything in this book except the core premise. I'm not convinced that the coincidences between atomic weighs and Hebrew/Arabic writings are a direct message from god. At best it shows that ancient authors might have had some knowledge of atomic structure. Also if I'm to believe that Indian kinds possessed nuclear weapons 8000 years ago, then why wouldn't documents half as old demonstrate knowledge of atoms? Couldn't those religious texts actually be science books whose language is so ar ...more
Kris
Oct 28, 2012 Kris rated it liked it
I bought this book awhile back and had just got around to reading it. I was not sure what to expect from this book, I had not read reviews, only heard that it is a book everyone should read.

The premise that something greater binds us all and it is encoded in each of us; and the code deciphered in Hebrew, is the name of god or the divine in Hebrew is interesting but not profound. There was something missing her for me. My gut did not ring this as true.

I like Braden's writing and he supports his
Dan Pfeiffer
May 14, 2016 Dan Pfeiffer rated it really liked it
What drew me to this book was the memory of a story published in one of the mainstream science publications in which geneticists described recent discoveries within DNA as being "language-like." Enter this book, which was written in the mid-Aughts. The author was already researching this concept and here are his findings. I am neither geneticist or scientist but clearly there is more to the linguistic attributes of DNA than what our previous research indicated. I found the book well researched, ...more
Stephanie
May 21, 2015 Stephanie rated it really liked it
If the science, religious texts, and information alone aren't enough to blow your mind, his conclusions ought to do the trick. Be it a titch preachy, it's breathtaking in its simplicity and sincerity. Have you ever heard the theory that war is a necessary part of progression? That every war in history has provided us with unforeseen opportunity to develop new technologies and to unite as a people more fervently? "The God Code" asks, is there no other experience or event that could bring about th ...more
Read It
May 25, 2016 Read It rated it it was amazing
Great Book. Very interesting. Gregg did research into the Kabbalah Books and found a pattern in the alphabet and numbers that relates to Fire/Water/Air/Earth and which translated into some deeper of Hydrogen/Oxygen/Nitrogen/Carbon which translated even deeper world for the name of god and how the name of god was in every single molecule in the human body since the presence of GOD and its code is in the DNA . Pretty awesome book I must admit and a great book to read again once and read three time ...more
Melissa
Dec 31, 2012 Melissa rated it liked it
So, I'm not sure it's such a big deal that the author has figured out that or DNA spells out God's name... I think all of his other messages in this book are what's important. It's important to care about the future of human existence, and to start thinking ahead, if we want human kind to realize its full potential. I believe one of the most powerful points he made was that if humans are going to live for many more generations to come, our best strategy is cooperation, not competition. Thought p ...more
Oliver
Jan 31, 2009 Oliver added it
This book is beyond words. This is one book that you must pick up if you have any interest in getting a deeper understanding of what it means to be a person who understands or want to understand God.

There is no simple way to put it. This writer has taken a question and turned it into a formula that simply took me out of my seat once I was done reading it.

I simply say you should own this book. Reading it once will not be enough.

Bold Bookworm
Sep 06, 2012 Bold Bookworm rated it really liked it
... This book is 20 percent science and 80 percent inspirational/motivational. An easy read that appeals to both pathos and logos, this book could follow or be followed with The Language of God by Collins.

Read my entire review: http://boldbookworm.com/gc030811.html

~ BB

B.J.
Jan 06, 2010 B.J. rated it did not like it
Total bull. It makes me sad that people actually believe this crap. It's more of a testament to a lack of critical thinking skills on the part of a large amount of people than anything about God. I know his goal was to create common ground between all people. Maybe he was successful because everyone who actually read this book has to be dumber because of it. I know I am.
Elliott
Jan 23, 2008 Elliott rated it it was amazing
Shelves: metaphysical
Excellent! Although the opening is a bit slow/elementary, the bulk of the book is fascinating! Discusses DNA, the ancient science of number values for letters, and sheds light on how what scientists call "junk DNA" (due to their lack of understanding) might be the most significant aspect of DNA. Grounded in science. Includes references to fascinating experiments by Russian scientists.
Barbara
This is a very interesting book with a premise that everything is connected in the universe and shares the same genetic code. It is an easy read, that causes one to think about how everything is strung together.
Anthony Haden
Mar 23, 2010 Anthony Haden rated it it was ok
While I enjoyed the Divine Matrix very much, I found the God Code to stretch credulity. Other reviewers have stated it here already. This is a book of dubious validity, unworthy of standing next to the likes of The Divine Matrix.
Mario
Mar 25, 2013 Mario rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Well written. The concept, in my opinion, was neat but pulled out of a hat. I deep down wish it was true, but I think you can see by the books popularity, no one else jumped on that particular wagon either.
Peter
Nov 02, 2007 Peter rated it it was amazing
"god eternal within the body" the atomic weights of Carbon, Oxygen, Nitrogen and Hydrogen translate into this truth.
Joyce
Mar 01, 2013 Joyce rated it really liked it
Shelves: inspiration
Every so often I come across a book on our book shelves that was completely forgotten and not included amongst my books read. This is one of them. It's very interesting.
Linda Galvan
May 05, 2008 Linda Galvan rated it it was amazing
Anything Gregg writes is absolutely worth reading and will change your perspective on life and reality...another wow! book. Genius mind!
Joseph Gabriel
Jun 19, 2012 Joseph Gabriel rated it really liked it
Shelves: spiritual, science
Once again, Gregg Braden does an incredible job explaining that the codes revealed in the Torah and Old Testament are imbedded in the very definition of life itself: our human DNA.
Diana
Diana rated it liked it
Apr 03, 2012
Resin
Resin rated it it was ok
Jun 27, 2015
Paul
Paul rated it did not like it
Feb 14, 2016
API-002 Hector Villegas
API-002 Hector Villegas rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2015
Eraquest
Eraquest rated it it was ok
Apr 20, 2014
Greg Isherwood
Greg Isherwood rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2012
Pseudoscience strategies. The Braden Case 1 13 Oct 27, 2009 09:55AM
  • Spontaneous Evolution: Our Positive Future (And a Way to Get There from Here)
  • The Moses Code: The Most Powerful Manifestation Tool in the History of the World
  • The Twelve Layers of DNA: An Esoteric Study of the Mastery Within (Kryon, #12)
  • Defy Gravity: Healing Beyond the Bounds of Reason
  • Everything You Need to Know to Feel Go(o)d
  • The Urantia Book
  • The Nature of the Psyche: Its Human Expression
  • Limitless Mind: A Guide to Remote Viewing and Transformation of Consciousness
  • Serpent of Light: Beyond 2012 the Movement of the Earth's Kundalini and the Rise of the Female Light, 1949 to 2013
  • Anna, Grandmother of Jesus: A Message of Wisdom and Love
  • How to Read the Akashic Records: Accessing the Archive of the Soul and Its Journey
  • The Disappearance of the Universe: Straight Talk about Illusions, Past Lives, Religion, Sex, Politics, and the Miracles of Forgiveness
New York Times best selling author Gregg Braden is internationally renowned as a pioneer in bridging science and spirituality. Following a successful career as a Computer Geologist for Phillips Petroleum during the 1970s energy crisis, he became a Senior Computer Systems Designer for Martin Marietta Defense Systems during the last year of the Cold War. In 1991 he was appointed the first Technical ...more
More about Gregg Braden...

“The basic elements of DNA—hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, and carbon—translate directly to key letters of the Hebrew and Arabic alphabets. In these languages, our genetic code spells the ancient name of God. The same name lives within all humans, regardless of their beliefs, actions, lifestyle, religion, or heritage. This relationship was described in sacred texts, such as the Hebrew Sepher Yetzirah, at least 1,000 years before modern science verified such connections.” 0 likes