Dracula's Heir (Interactive Mysteries)

Dracula's Heir (Interactive Mysteries)

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  85 ratings  ·  22 reviews
In 1897, Archibald Constable & Company published Bram Stoker’s Dracula, the most famous horror novel of all time. For reasons still debated by scholars, the first chapter of Dracula was cut from the book just weeks before publication. Here, it becomes the central clue in a spine-tingling original interactive mystery.

Dracula’s Heir begins 10 years after the horrific ev...more
Published August 1st 2008 by Quirk Books

To ask other readers questions about Dracula's Heir, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dracula's Heir

Cornerofmadness

This is just what it sounds like, an interactive mystery. It’s just plain fun. It’s no big mystery or the world’s best writing but it does do a passable job of looking like it was written in Stoker’s era. It starts off as a bequeath of some documents to a young attorney named Jonathan Kelso from Lady Godalming but the bulk of it is made up of John Seward’s pov and his journals. (He’s the psychiatrist in Dracula, who tried to help Lucy.)

The book is campy. It’s done in faux red leather and it is...more
Josh
This book was quite fun to read. The mystery wasnt all together too complex, and I figured out most of it, but there was one part in particular that took me by suprise. I probably would have figured it out had i taken the time to reread the book. The removable clues were pretty cool, and the ilistrations were awsome. Not only was this book a fun mystery but it was also a fairly good story. I would recomend this book to any who enjoy vampire stories and a moderate challenge.

A few complaints.
First...more
Reading Teen
Normally, I'm not very interested in vampire books. I read Twilight and hated it. I read The Chronicles of Vladimir Todd and loved it. That's about all of my range in vampire novels. But Dracula's Heir just seemed so original and fun with all of the notes and pictures added to it: I simply couldn't resist.

Dracula's Heir isn't the best book I've ever read; nor is it my favorite. But it was one of the most genius mysteries I have ever read. By the end of the book my jaw had literally dropped in sh...more
Dan
Dracula's Heir is an "Interactive Mystery", which means that every few pages there is a pull-out handwritten note or fold-out newspaper which the reader can examine for clues and/or hidden messages. Gimmicky? Sure, a damn fun gimmick.

As a kid I had a similar book-- that one based on A Study in Scarlet. I loved it then, and the appeal of physical interaction with clues is just as strong now. Though the book feels slight in the hand, the nature of the enclosed objects is such that readers will sp...more
Amanda
Thanks to Jackie for this fantastic and unexpected Christmas gift! I loved this book and finished it within an hour. I don't want to spoil what the mystery is, but I am very appreciative of yet another new and creative addition to my beloved Dracula, instead of a rewriting of it. And I don't care what the book is, it is cool to contain envelopes full of "surprises". I highly recommend this-- lots of fun!
Sara
Lots of fun and the story is written really well. I guessed the big bad before it was revealed but failed to figure out the motive. So, I had to read the sealed "answer" at the back of the book. However, if I hadn't been so anxious to find out why and reread the first part of the book, I think I could have guessed it all. Maybe. ;)
Roswita
A wonderful "what happens next" story. Sam Stall does an excellent job of continuing the Dracula saga and what occur in the lives of Dr. Van Helsing and Dr. Seward. The interactive mystery is a nice little twist that just made it all the more enjoyable.
Nancy
Could not put it down. I had read the missing chapter from the original novel. How clever this is to make a mystery based on that missing chapter. I liked the multigenre format, especially the newspaper.
Aaronlisa
I picked this up at a sales table. It was a fun read although the mystery was easily solved. Still I got if for a quarter of the original price and it was fun so I can't complain.
Anne Michaud
I *love* these cute books with little surprises hidden inside!! It's a shame the story was short, but at least it felt like the original, with journal entries and letters sealed in wax.
Chris
I really enjoy these interactive mystery books. The page count is short but all of the bits and baubles that are included make it a captivating read anyway. It gets a 4 out of 5.
Boyd
If you ever want to have fun on a cold dark evening with a friend, then read this book. It really gets you involved, and you will appreciate Dracula even more.
Michelle E. Kobus
The clues were very fun, and it was certainly entertaining; just predictable from very early on, glaringly so. What's in a name? The whole plot, apparently.
Anne
Feb 28, 2011 Anne rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: fic
I'm not sure why I thought "Dracula's Heir" would be better than it so obviously would be. Sometimes shame on the author, this case, shame on me.
Cam
This was a really fun book. The removable clues were nicely done, and the story was well-written and engaging. A great Halloween book.
Cindy
Fun to read; almost like finding a stash of old mail/newspapers and figuring out the mystery. Granted, it was simple enough to solve.
Josh
This was an interactive mystery book that came with props (party invitations, photographs) intended to be from the story.
Renae
Jun 07, 2011 Renae rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Rachelle DeMunck
Shelves: vampires, books-i-own
Gimmicky? Yes. Clever? Absolutely. Entertaining? Definitely. Not particularly deep, but worth an evening's read.
Kim Piddington
I REALLY enjoyed this! The cover is awesome-the story was engaging- and I loved the multi-genre approach!
Cookie
Jan 30, 2009 Cookie added it
i really like it and it has been a while since i read it but it was really good!!!!!
Angie
Okay, what can I say...I'm a big dork. Kind of goofy and not much of a mystery.
A lot of fun, I love interactive books like this!
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Stephanie Simpson
Stephanie Simpson marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Erin Wimpy
Erin Wimpy marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014
Lucky
Lucky marked it as to-read
May 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
100 Cats Who Changed Civilization Suburban Legends: True Tales of Murder, Mayhem, and Minivans The Encyclopedia of Guilty Pleasures: 1,001 Things You Hate To Love 100 Dogs Who Changed Civilization The Good, the Bad, and the Furry: Choosing the Dog That's Right for You