Start by marking “P. J. Funnybunny Camps Out” as Want to Read:
P. J. Funnybunny Camps Out

P. J. Funnybunny Camps Out (P.J. Funnybunny #7)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  92 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Illus. in full color. Camping is not for girls, right? At least, that's what P.J. and his pals tell Donna and Honey Bunny when they want to tag along on a camping trip. But when two mysterious ghosts frighten the boys all the way home, only the girls know the real story.
Published February 22nd 1994 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published February 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about P. J. Funnybunny Camps Out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about P. J. Funnybunny Camps Out

Good book about four friends who think camping isn't for girls, but end the girls end proving that maybe camping isn't for them either.
Rosa Cline
This is a level 2 reading's more on the higher end of the level 2 book so if your child has just merged into level 2 they would have difficulty with this book but a great one to 'keep at it'.

PJ Funnybunny is a rabbit that has three other close friends a beaver, raccoon and a pig. They decide in this adventure to go camping. PJ's little sister and her friend want to go along but they say "camping isn't for girls" They have to trek up a big mountain at the top they say that would have be
The book was about a little bunny named P.J. He camped out with his friends. They called him funnybunny because he's a bunny and he's so funny. His sisters wanted to come, but P.J. Funnybunny didn't let them because he thought that girls weren't allowed to camp out. But they were. When it was near the end, they saw ghosts, but the ghosts were really his sisters that we saw earlier in the book, near the beginning.

I liked this book so much, because it made me laugh.
PJ Funnybunny has three best friends who all decide to go camping - without the girls, of course! Too bad for them the girls know what's up and turn the tables on them.

I read this tonight to my 2-year-old son, and my 6-year-old daughter overheard the story and had to join in. Our favorite part character was Potts the pig. Highly recommended for little ones, particularly devilish little girls.
Kerri Harshaw
A cute beginner reader for boys and girls. Although the boys will not allow the girls to go camping with them, the girls have a plan of their own up their sleeves! A great book to help students work on predicting. The text is quite funny, children will be sure to read this book over and over.
Feb 22, 2008 ABC rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: kids
Shelves: younger-kids
This would be cute, except I don't particularly care for it because there is the refrain, "Camping is not for girls." (In the end, the girls play a trick on the boys, but I still find it annoying.)
Apr 29, 2011 Kelly added it
Shelves: easy-reader
Not as good as the original P.J. Funnybunny but still has a good story with a good ending. Even good facial expressions for animals.
Matthew Ridley
I read it again this summer (6/25/12). It is a very funny book.
Vacation book for nephew and I, chosen by me
Brenna Call
cute story with a clever ending
Wupengyu is currently reading it
Sep 25, 2015
Tameka marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
Anna Banana
Anna Banana marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Ping Wa
Ping Wa marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Lee added it
Jun 24, 2015
Krisann Rhodes
Krisann Rhodes marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Anna added it
May 20, 2015
Mande added it
May 11, 2015
Nicole marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
With a degree in fine arts, Marilyn Sadler assumed she would be an illustrator. But when early in her career she was presented with an opportunity to write, she seized it and quickly discovered that she had found her true love. No sad, sappy stories for her, however. She likes to make herself laugh, and with that her characters usually end up looking pretty silly for one reason or another.

Her firs
More about Marilyn Sadler...

P.J. Funnybunny (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • It's Not Easy Being a Bunny
  • The Very Bad Bunny (Beginner Books)
  • P.J. The Spoiled Bunny (Random House Pictureback)
  • P. J. Funnybunny In The Great Tricycle Race
  • P.J. Funnybunny in the Perfect Hiding Place (Look-Looks)
  • Knock, Kock, It's P. J. Funnybunny! (A Flap Book)
  • Bedtime for Bunnies (Peek-a-Board Books(TM))
  • P.J. Funnybunny and His Very Cool Birthday Party
  • Honey Bunny Funnybunny (Beginner Books)
  • P.J. Funnybunny's Bag of Tricks
It's Not Easy Being a Bunny Pass It On! The Very Bad Bunny (Beginner Books) Honey Bunny Funnybunny (Beginner Books) Alice from Dallas