Start by marking “Sell Your Book on Amazon: Top Secret Tips Guaranteed to Increase Sales for Print-On-Demand and Self-Publishing Writers” as Want to Read:

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  17 reviews

So You'd Like to. Become An Amazon Bestseller!
Don't wait. Publishing insider and CEO Brent Sampson reveals revolutionary advice guaranteed to increase your book sales on Amazon. Learn the powerful secrets used by successful Amazon authors every day. This informative and practical "how-to" guide shares new techniques that are proven to work.
Solutions Revealed!
Discover
Published March 4th 2007 by Outskirts Press (first published March 3rd 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Sell Your Book on Amazon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sell Your Book on Amazon

Jaimey
Dec 19, 2008 Jaimey rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone self-published or just looking for insight into Amazon
This book is an invaluable tool for authors wanting some inside information on how the Amazon system works. Increased sales start with increased exposure and increasing your book's exposure on Amazon can be tricky. With tips and guidelines covering everything that was available at the time of publication--2007; some things have obviously changed--this book can help any author increase exposure of their print-on-demand or self-published work.

Brent Sampson has an easy-to-read, witty writing style
Sandy
THIS SHOULD BE THE FIRST BOOK YOU READ IF YOU'RE PLANNING ON SELLING YOUR BOOK ON AMAZON

Unfortunately for me, I struggled with Amazon for years before finding Brent's book. Here the information is, all in one well organized place: what all those tabs and "click here's" and strange terms mean. (Is Amazon as counter-intuitive to you as it is to me?) When I read this book, I realized I'd been doing nothing to help the sales of my books. Now I have a chance. I get to put together a winning strategy
Sid Frost
I read Sell Your Book on Amazon, Second Edition, by Brent Sampson, published in 2010 by OutskirtsPress.com.

This book provides an insight into the many ways you can sell books on Amazon.com. These techniques could be useful to book publishers of all sizes, but I believe the independent publisher or self publisher will benefit most. Sampson describes ways to increase sales and profits in a simple, easy to follow format.

I bought this book because I have a self-published book due out soon and I kno
Bob Selden
“Sell Your Book On Amazon” by Brent Sampson is a great “how to” book – in this case, “How to Sell Your Book On Amazon”. The author builds the book around a ranking system of stars – ranging from 5 (highly recommended” to 1 (to be avoided except in unusual circumstances). Sampson’s ranking system relates to the Amazon book ranking system with 5 star suggestions being the best strategy to boost your sales. My first impression of this ranking system was that it is a little too simplistic – would I ...more
Tami
One of the primary goals for most writers is to get their book listed on Amazon. We all know that Amazon is THE place to find books. Millions of books are listed and potential buyers are constantly searching the site for their next great read. Because of this, most writers assume that once their book is listed on Amazon that their work is done. They need only sit back and collect their huge royalty payments.

Unfortunately, this isn't the case for most writers. Most books hardly get any Amazon tr
Kelly  Schuknecht
As a book marketing coach I work with hundreds of self-published authors who want to sell more copies of their books. Sell Your Book on Amazon is THE resource guide for all authors who want to sell more copies of their book with America’s largest online retailer, Amazon.com.

Brent Sampson is the president and CEO of Outskirts Press (which offers full-service, custom self-publishing and book marketing services). In Sell Your Book on Amazon, Sampson walks readers through each of the key components
Tom Barnes
Oct 25, 2008 Tom Barnes rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone looking to sell on Amazon
Recommended to Tom by: Amazon ad

Brent Sampson has given us a pretty good primer on some of the Amazon programs available to authors selling their books on Amazon. I say some because Amazon is innovative and in a constant state of change. They add programs, change, update and even cancel one now and then. But Sampson’s ‘Sell your book on Amazon’ has captured a moment in time and gives you a good overview of the basic programs.
You begin on the Profile page and work from there to Amazon Connect, Listmania, So you’d like to…, the
I.S. Anderson
I got this book as a free gift from my publisher because of a package I bought with them that involved marketing no Amazon. I am pleased to say that it was well worth the extra money.

The book is just as the title says: How to sell your book on Amazon.com. This was the first time in a long time that I actually dog eared pages and underlined things. It went into depth about author pages, Listmania, and how to set your profile. Non-fiction authors will probably get more from the book than fiction a
M.L. McAmis
This is an enlightening book that explains, in depth, the different functions of Amazon.com for authors. It's like having a guided tour behind the scenes.
David
Had this one on my wish list on Amazon for a long time. Bought it to pair with a movie Charlene wanted for Roberta's kids to get to the $25 needed for free shipping. Ir was interesting. As a "How To" book it is more of a reference work than something to just sit down and read, so it took me awhile to get through it. I have implemented several of his strategies. I'll know more about how good it is when I see the results.
Kate
Since I decided to self-publish on Amazon, I used this book most heavily. Some of the information was already outdated - that was to be expected, but I did find a lot of tips that were helpful, such as what you ought to include on your author page.
Shalonda Williams
Nov 11, 2009 Shalonda Williams rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those started out on amazon promoting your book
Shelves: great-guide
This is the first book I read on promoting. It was a good read. It offers step by step instruction for most of what it speaks on. Great to get you started with promoting yourself on Amazon.
Charles Franklin
Great book for understanding the tiny details you need to optimize your Amazon book. Geared toward print books, but very applicable to eBooks as well.
Mark
A must read for every author - especially if you self-publish. A step by step guide to everything you need to do to advertise on Amazon for free
Aleshia Robinson
Decent advice. The book did explain to me how to create an author profile and use tags on their page.
Heather
not the best, but great if you want serious hand holding.
Parker Hathaway
Parker Hathaway marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Mzzhumble
Mzzhumble marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Since 1969, Dan Poynter has written and published more than 100 books including Writing Nonfiction, The Self-Publishing Manual, and The Skydiver's Handbook.

Dan Poynter's seminars have been featured on CNN, his books have been pictured in The Wall Street Journal, and his story has been told in U.S. News & World Report. The media comes to Dan because he is the leading authority on book publishin
More about Dan Poynter...
The Self-Publishing Manual : How to Write, Print, and Sell Your Own Book, 15th Ed. (Self-Publishing Manual: How to Write, Print, & Sell Your Own Book) Self-Publishing Manual, Volume II: How to Write, Print, and Sell Your Own Book Employing the Latest Technologies and the Newest Techniques Writing Non-fiction: Turning Thoughts into Books Parachuting: The Skydiver's Handbook The Self-Publishing Manual, Volume 1