Start by marking “Sell Your Book on Amazon: Top Secret Tips Guaranteed to Increase Sales for Print-On-Demand and Self-Publishing Writers 3rd Edition” as Want to Read:

3.82  ·  Rating Details  ·  72 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews

So You'd Like to. Become An Amazon Bestseller!
Don't wait. Publishing insider and CEO Brent Sampson reveals revolutionary advice guaranteed to increase your book sales on Amazon. Learn the powerful secrets used by successful Amazon authors every day. This informative and practical "how-to" guide shares new techniques that are proven to work.
Solutions Revealed!
Discover
Published March 4th 2007 by Outskirts Press (first published March 3rd 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Sell Your Book on Amazon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sell Your Book on Amazon

Jaimey
Dec 19, 2008 Jaimey rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone self-published or just looking for insight into Amazon
This book is an invaluable tool for authors wanting some inside information on how the Amazon system works. Increased sales start with increased exposure and increasing your book's exposure on Amazon can be tricky. With tips and guidelines covering everything that was available at the time of publication--2007; some things have obviously changed--this book can help any author increase exposure of their print-on-demand or self-published work.

Brent Sampson has an easy-to-read, witty writing style
Sandy
Apr 20, 2009 Sandy rated it it was amazing
THIS SHOULD BE THE FIRST BOOK YOU READ IF YOU'RE PLANNING ON SELLING YOUR BOOK ON AMAZON

Unfortunately for me, I struggled with Amazon for years before finding Brent's book. Here the information is, all in one well organized place: what all those tabs and "click here's" and strange terms mean. (Is Amazon as counter-intuitive to you as it is to me?) When I read this book, I realized I'd been doing nothing to help the sales of my books. Now I have a chance. I get to put together a winning strategy
Sid Frost
Nov 20, 2010 Sid Frost rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read Sell Your Book on Amazon, Second Edition, by Brent Sampson, published in 2010 by OutskirtsPress.com.

This book provides an insight into the many ways you can sell books on Amazon.com. These techniques could be useful to book publishers of all sizes, but I believe the independent publisher or self publisher will benefit most. Sampson describes ways to increase sales and profits in a simple, easy to follow format.

I bought this book because I have a self-published book due out soon and I kno
Bob Selden
Aug 04, 2008 Bob Selden rated it it was amazing
“Sell Your Book On Amazon” by Brent Sampson is a great “how to” book – in this case, “How to Sell Your Book On Amazon”. The author builds the book around a ranking system of stars – ranging from 5 (highly recommended” to 1 (to be avoided except in unusual circumstances). Sampson’s ranking system relates to the Amazon book ranking system with 5 star suggestions being the best strategy to boost your sales. My first impression of this ranking system was that it is a little too simplistic – would I ...more
Tami
Apr 15, 2008 Tami rated it it was amazing
One of the primary goals for most writers is to get their book listed on Amazon. We all know that Amazon is THE place to find books. Millions of books are listed and potential buyers are constantly searching the site for their next great read. Because of this, most writers assume that once their book is listed on Amazon that their work is done. They need only sit back and collect their huge royalty payments.

Unfortunately, this isn't the case for most writers. Most books hardly get any Amazon tr
Kelly  Schuknecht
Oct 01, 2010 Kelly Schuknecht rated it it was amazing
Shelves: marketing
As a book marketing coach I work with hundreds of self-published authors who want to sell more copies of their books. Sell Your Book on Amazon is THE resource guide for all authors who want to sell more copies of their book with America’s largest online retailer, Amazon.com.

Brent Sampson is the president and CEO of Outskirts Press (which offers full-service, custom self-publishing and book marketing services). In Sell Your Book on Amazon, Sampson walks readers through each of the key components
Karen/K.L. Docter
Jan 18, 2015 Karen/K.L. Docter rated it it was ok
Shelves: resource
Much as I'd like to say I found this book helpful, it really didn't fit my needs. The market has changed too much and Amazon's made too many changes to how it operates since the publication date of this book in 2007 to be of much use to me. If there's one available, I'd recommend a newer version. I can see where this information might be helpful if it were more up-to-date.
Tom Barnes
Oct 25, 2008 Tom Barnes rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone looking to sell on Amazon
Recommended to Tom by: Amazon ad

Brent Sampson has given us a pretty good primer on some of the Amazon programs available to authors selling their books on Amazon. I say some because Amazon is innovative and in a constant state of change. They add programs, change, update and even cancel one now and then. But Sampson’s ‘Sell your book on Amazon’ has captured a moment in time and gives you a good overview of the basic programs.
You begin on the Profile page and work from there to Amazon Connect, Listmania, So you’d like to…, the
I.S. Anderson
May 29, 2012 I.S. Anderson rated it it was amazing
I got this book as a free gift from my publisher because of a package I bought with them that involved marketing no Amazon. I am pleased to say that it was well worth the extra money.

The book is just as the title says: How to sell your book on Amazon.com. This was the first time in a long time that I actually dog eared pages and underlined things. It went into depth about author pages, Listmania, and how to set your profile. Non-fiction authors will probably get more from the book than fiction a
Diane Dettmann
Aug 18, 2015 Diane Dettmann rated it it was amazing
Helpful suggestions on promoting books on Amazon.
M.L. McAmis
Jan 25, 2014 M.L. McAmis rated it it was amazing
This is an enlightening book that explains, in depth, the different functions of Amazon.com for authors. It's like having a guided tour behind the scenes.
David
Mar 02, 2010 David rated it really liked it
Had this one on my wish list on Amazon for a long time. Bought it to pair with a movie Charlene wanted for Roberta's kids to get to the $25 needed for free shipping. Ir was interesting. As a "How To" book it is more of a reference work than something to just sit down and read, so it took me awhile to get through it. I have implemented several of his strategies. I'll know more about how good it is when I see the results.
Kate
Oct 15, 2013 Kate rated it liked it
Since I decided to self-publish on Amazon, I used this book most heavily. Some of the information was already outdated - that was to be expected, but I did find a lot of tips that were helpful, such as what you ought to include on your author page.
Shalonda Williams
Nov 11, 2009 Shalonda Williams rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Those started out on amazon promoting your book
Shelves: great-guide
This is the first book I read on promoting. It was a good read. It offers step by step instruction for most of what it speaks on. Great to get you started with promoting yourself on Amazon.
Mark
Mar 20, 2010 Mark rated it it was amazing
A must read for every author - especially if you self-publish. A step by step guide to everything you need to do to advertise on Amazon for free
Aleshia Robinson
Decent advice. The book did explain to me how to create an author profile and use tags on their page.
Meryl Evans
Jan 04, 2010 Meryl Evans rated it really liked it
Heather
Apr 16, 2012 Heather rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
not the best, but great if you want serious hand holding.
Denise Wolk
Denise Wolk rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2016
Alan McClain
Alan McClain rated it it was amazing
Apr 18, 2016
MARIE VOLTAIRE
MARIE VOLTAIRE marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
Nancy Welker
Nancy Welker rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2016
Jean
Jean rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2016
James Farley
James Farley rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Jessica Thornton
Jessica Thornton is currently reading it
Feb 24, 2016
Phyllis Goodwin
Phyllis Goodwin marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2016
Margaret Duarte
Margaret Duarte rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2016
Eric Anderson
Eric Anderson rated it it was ok
Jan 06, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Since 1969, Dan Poynter has written and published more than 100 books including Writing Nonfiction, The Self-Publishing Manual, and The Skydiver's Handbook.

Dan Poynter's seminars have been featured on CNN, his books have been pictured in The Wall Street Journal, and his story has been told in U.S. News & World Report. The media comes to Dan because he is the leading authority on book publishin
More about Dan Poynter...