Start by marking “Killing Kelly (Soap Opera #3)” as Want to Read:
Killing Kelly (Soap Opera #3)

Killing Kelly (Soap Opera #3)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  2,172 ratings  ·  49 reviews
Playing a malicious diva on a popular daytime soap, actress Kelly Trent has garnered more than her fair share of hate mail. She doesn't believe anyone would really confuse her with her character, but when an accident on the set hits too close for the producers' comfort, Kelly is unceremoniously put on hiatus.

At her agents suggestion, she agrees to appear in a music video,
Published March 1st 2006 by Mira (first published March 28th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Killing Kelly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Killing Kelly

Hating Alison Ashley by Robin KleinDriving Miss Daisy by Alfred UhryBeing Jamie Baker by Kelly OramThe Taming of the Shrew by William ShakespeareEducating Rita by Willy Russell
The Female Gerund Phenomenon
133rd out of 172 books — 22 voters
What a Woman Desires by Rachel BrimbleHeaven, Texas by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsJust the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie JamesLove Unscripted by Tina ReberBreathing Room by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Romance with Actors/Actresses/Acting
107th out of 139 books — 53 voters

More lists with this book...

Entertaining romantic suspense. Kelly is a soap opera actress. She is put on indefinite leave from the show after she is almost killed on the set. It's uncertain as to whether this was an accident or if someone is trying to kill her. During her time off she agrees to appear in a music video for a hot up-and-coming rock group. Doug is the dancing instructor hired to teach Kelly the tango for the music video. He is a former cop who has taken on the role of Kelly's bodyguard, as well, until it is d ...more
While I am a fan of the author and I love most of her other books, I really didn't like this book.

Kelly was an annoying, witless, twit! She is in constant denial of the danger she is in one minute, then goes screaming and running down the road because she thinks she sees a shadow in the bushes. She runs the car off the road because she thinks someone is following her, then claims it was nothing. THEN, she gets mad because her friends were worried about her. If EVERYONE you know thinks
Nov 20, 2014 Nancy added it
Too many characters, making the story annoying to read at times.
Carol Ann Beadles
Heather Graham's mystery novels are great and this one is included in that list. It is hard to put down and keeps you on the edge of your seat.
this was a quick read, fast-paced, fun. one hot love scene and after that everything else was left to the reader's imagination. boo.

one thing sort of made me crazy, though... this cast of characters was highly excitable. they punctuated their sentences with exclamation points. i didn't notice for a while, but once i did catch on i was unable to not notice it. it tickled me

imagine some mundane scenario... imagine you are in your kitchen, at your table, with your closest friend. now imagine you ar
Overall this was a pretty satisfying book from the Heather Graham collection. The suspense was tight and non-stop; the mystery was cleverly woven and multi-layered, leading to a complex whodunit that left me guessing until they unveiled the villian. Even the romance was fairly well done most of the time - except that, once again (my pet peeve with romances) the romantic interests were always getting annoyed with one another over the most idiotic things. "What? You're concerned for my life and wa ...more
Kelly Cardwell
Kelly is a soap star who one night is shooting a scene when she almost dies by going over a cliff. Someone is out to kill her. Doug is hired to be her dance partner and bodyguard but of course they fall in love. But there is a lot of mystery and who done it too make you want to keep reading. Love Heather's books!!!!
It was a horrible book. I did not know or care who killed kelly. she came off as vain and selfish and the dancer was so- so, doug. I found kelly to be unrealistic and annoying. I wanted to like her. The only character I really liked was Joe. I thought it was ridiclous that doug suspected joe. Why make a big deal about the third murder if the econd one was a suicide. The characters lance was annoying. The only one I liked were the characters from dying to have to her.

The character jane that caus
The love scenes were silly; they were fighting all the time - she didn't trust him. I didn't buy it, and to top it all off...the writing was terrible.
Awesome Read

I have read a lot of Heather Graham 's books and this one rates a five star review, she always has you guessing to the very end!
I would recommend this book to everyone that likes a mystery, to the end, A Very Good
Michele Varljen
I just finished reading this book.
I liked this book by Heather Graham, but this was the first book I've read by her that didn't include any paranormal elements. I did get frustrated with Kelly. She was the most stubborn main character. I just wanted to slap her sometimes. She spent the majority of the book in denial about the danger she was in & it drove me up the wall. Don't get me wrong I did like this book, I just got ticked off withe main character sometimes.
Another quick read/damsel in distress novel, although this novel had a few interesting characters. Did soap star Kelly Trent have an accident on set, or did someone try to kill her? It took about a second to figure out it was deliberate and 5 more minutes to know who did it. And she spends more time describing dwellings than anything else. If you like quick, light reads, you will enjoy this.
Amb-rah Rausch
Overall it was good in the mystery department. Kept me guessing and a fast-paced read. I was annoyed with the back and forth between Kelly and Doug though. It was too much of a distraction and I found myself putting the book down for days at a time to "get away" from the stupid fighting between the two of them. But as always, the big reveal came out of left field and made for a decent ending.
Ingrid Madreia
When I came across this book - yes, I did, because this is actually my grandmother's - I initially hadn't any hope, because it's novel, however the criminal, and the criminal doesn't sit me absolutely. But I have to say that it was awesome! I admit that I've never laughed as much as did when I was reading this book. Totally awesome!
And now I'm a big fan of them and wish to read more.
It was a fast read with a nice pace. I liked the hero, Doug; the heroine not quite as much, but okay. How could she not grasp, with the evidence right in front of her, that someone was trying to kill her!?!

Good romance with very good suspense and lots going on. I would definitely recommend it; it's a fun read. And for that it gets a 4, although it's more like a 3 1/2.
It read like a soap opera. I gave it two stars but it really deserved 1 to 1/2. The characters were tedious, the plot was predictable, and jumping around to a sort of behind the scenes with each suspect was irritating. You could almost hear the cheesy, overly dramatic music in the background each time one of the "villains" was the focus. Ugh.
Theresa Hurley
Good book! Loved Doug and Kelly!
Quick read. Romance. Kelly is a star on a soap opera and she starts receiving threats. 2 others die in apparently unrelated incidents. She takes break from show to do a video. Enter former cop, part time PI and dance instructor. Let the sizzle begin. I didn't know the culprit immediately so it was good in that manner.
I wasn't too sure about this book to start with, but it kept getting better and better. A few plot twists and I kept changing my mind about who was the killer and who wasn't. A satisfying and pleasurable read and one I recommend to all.
A very well written and entertaining suspense. There were a lot of suspects to the mystery, a lot of bruised egos, vindictive people and suspicious behavior. A very enjoyable read, the romance was sweet and funny, I liked it too.
Stephanie Tuell
the action started off on the first page and didn't stop. it was very hard to put down. the characters and places were detailed perfectly. graham had you feeling like you were really there.
Liked this book. It brought back some characters from Dead on the Dance Floor that I really liked. These books have been fun and an easy read. A good mix of murder, mystery and romance.
Christian Nisbet
Alot of twists and people you thought were good turned out to have a twisted motive for doing some of the things they did. it was a good fead.
Good mystery!! Just enough characters to keep you guessing, but not so many as to confuse you. Also, just the right amount of romance.
Liked this author and this book.
A good summer read - romance and some suspense, wrapped in a story about a TV soap star who is being stalked by an unknown person, and protected by a hunky dance instructor/PI.
I loved this book. I have never been disappointed with anything I've read from Graham. Doug sounds like a real Hotass in the book and I liked it.
Cassie Peters
This one seemed slow to me but finally in the middle it picked up the pace. I like her ghost hunting books a lot better than I liked this one.
I will almost NEVER quit reading a book, even if I don't like it. This book was so bad and badly written I found it impossible to finish.
  • Long After Midnight
  • Colder than Ice (Mordecai Young, #2)
  • Forgotten
  • Always a Thief
  • The Color of Death
  • Deep Freeze (Northwest, #1)
  • Lethal Lies
  • The Chosen
  • Kiss Me While I Sleep (CIA Spies, #3)
  • Playing Dead (Prison Break Trilogy, #3)
  • Dark Sky (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #4)
  • Beachcomber
  • The Stolen (Henry Parker, #3)
  • Killing Her Softly (Griffin Powell, #5)
  • No Other Love (No Other, #3)
Also published as Heather Graham Pozzessere and Shannon Drake.

New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Heather Graham majored in theater arts at the University of South Florida. After a stint of several years in dinner theater, back-up vocals, and bartending, she stayed home after the birth of her third child and began to write, working on short horror stories and romances. After some tria
More about Heather Graham...

Soap Opera (3 books)
  • Long, Lean, and Lethal (Soap Opera #1)
  • Dying to Have Her (Soap Opera #2)
Ghost Walk  (Harrison Investigation, #2) Phantom Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #1) Deadly Night (Flynn Brothers, #1) Ghost Shadow (Bone Island Trilogy, #1) Haunted (Harrison Investigation, #1)