Start by marking “Graphic Design Solutions” as Want to Read:
Graphic Design Solutions

Graphic Design Solutions

Cutting-edge concepts, a beautifully illustrated text, and a dazzling array of award-winning design make the third edition of this standout best-seller one of the most highly acclaimed design texts in the world. Graphic Design Solutions continues to provide a clear and comprehensive introduction to graphic design and advertising design, with step-by-step visual solutions t ...more
Paperback, Third Edition, 403 pages
Published April 27th 2005 by Delmar Thomson Learning (first published 1996)

lysslyss
Apr 02, 2010 lysslyss rated it it was amazing
haha ONE of my FAVORITE textbooks! (am I NUTS!? I like a TEXTBOOK!?)

Great visuals, great examples.

This book explains everything from fonts, layouts, printing, WORKING in a design firm, OWNING a design firm, art history, design history, the best designers ever, graphic design worldwide, you name it!

This book was only an inch wide, but it was okay because it got straight to the point with only the necessary details. No fluff, no busy-words, no clutter. It would be a few pages, then THREE pages of
September
Mar 19, 2009 September rated it it was amazing
I have been reading and working from this book for about 7 months now, for Graphic Designs class. It's a very well written book with many great, full color examples of good graphic design. I even did one of my assignments, a book cover review, on this cover, because it is so bright and makes great use of basic and advanced graphic design principles.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who has an interest in Graphic Design. This is the leading book out there, at the moment.
Sandra Winkle
Mar 13, 2010 Sandra Winkle rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: teachers, students of design, those whose bosses want them to design the office newsletter.
Another design educational book. Great chapters on the elements and principles of design, the business of design, and related materials. This book has really good exercises at the end of the chapters for students to apply the knowledge.
Tatiana Jimenez
Feb 09, 2009 Tatiana Jimenez rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2009
Probably the best Graphic Design textbook I've read. I recommend it.
David Scott
Feb 23, 2013 David Scott rated it liked it
Shelves: design
It was ok. It's definitely a textbook. And since I've never really dabbled in the artistic world, I guess I didn't really get the fact that it's really conceptual. I read about 200 pages and it never really showed anything other than past works and gave definitions of terminology. I was hoping for more of a reference to composition, color, design problem solving, etc. It felt more like a history book than anything else.
Robin
Jan 23, 2008 Robin added it
this was a textbook for a course i took last semester. a really good introduction to the basics of graphic design.
Shila
Nov 12, 2011 Shila rated it liked it
Cool book. Great if you are self-publishing and trying to find a design scheme for your book, flyer, etc.
Constance
Apr 09, 2012 Constance rated it really liked it
I like informational books with practical use-this one holds some promise.
Brandee Terry
Apr 23, 2011 Brandee Terry rated it liked it
A textbook for my graphic design class. It contains a lot of good information.
Christian Baloga
Aug 06, 2012 Christian Baloga rated it it was amazing
After I graduated college, I continued reading the rest of this book. It's valuable to any graphic designer.
Dv Buch
Dv Buch rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2015
Hks
Hks rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2014
Jacqueline Nevarez
Jacqueline Nevarez rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2015
Meg
Meg rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2017
Yasser Mohammed
Yasser Mohammed rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2013
Kelly Mennillo
Kelly Mennillo rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2015
Andi S. Boediman
Andi S. Boediman rated it liked it
May 03, 2008
Erica
Erica rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2007
Imageseer
Imageseer rated it it was ok
Mar 19, 2008
Cora Cohlmeyer
Cora Cohlmeyer rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2015
Dustin
Dustin rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2015
Mark
Mark rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2016
Jordan
Jordan rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2015
Evgeny
Evgeny rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2014
Curt Ellis
Curt Ellis rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2014
Pankaj Sahani
Pankaj Sahani rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2017
Robin Landa
Jun 09, 2011 Robin Landa rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Noelle Dichiera
Noelle Dichiera rated it really liked it
May 24, 2014
Jackie
Jackie rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Logo Design Workbook: A Hands-On Guide to Creating Logos
  • Design Basics
  • Layout Workbook: A Real-World Guide to Building Pages in Graphic Design
  • Information Design Workbook: Graphic approaches, solutions, and inspiration + 30 case studies
  • Pantone Guide to Communicating With Color
  • Layout Index
  • Meggs' History of Graphic Design
  • How Designers Think: The Design Process Demystified
  • Graphic Design, Referenced: A Visual Guide to the Language, Applications, and History of Graphic Design
  • A Type Primer
  • Design Elements: A Graphic Style Manual
  • Fingerprint: The Art of Using Hand-Made Elements in Graphic Design
  • Graphic Design: The New Basics
  • Adobe Illustrator CS6 Classroom in a Book: The Official Training Workbook from Adobe Systems [With CDROM]
  • Design by Nature: Using Universal Forms and Principles in Design
  • Graphic Design Cookbook: Mix & Match Recipes for Faster, Better Layouts
  • The Design of Dissent: Socially and Politically Driven Graphics
  • The Language of Graphic Design: An Illustrated Handbook for Understanding Fundamental Design Principles
Robin Landa holds the title of Distinguished Professor in the Robert Busch School of Design at Kean University of New Jersey. She is included among the teachers that the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching calls the “great teachers of our time.” Most recently, Landa was a finalist in the Wall Street Journal’s Creative Leaders competition.
Professor Landa has won many awards for des
More about Robin Landa...