Start by marking “Crazy About Cupcakes” as Want to Read:
Crazy About Cupcakes

Crazy About Cupcakes

Go cupcake crazy! With nearly 300 awesome, mouthwatering ideas to choose from, home bakers will find the right recipe for any occasion and every palate. And whether they’re chocolaty, spicy, crunchy, fruity, or creamy, these exquisitely decorated treats look as astounding as they tasteperfect little temptations designed to make adults nostalgic and children happy. All the

Published August 1st 2006 by Sterling

To ask other readers questions about Crazy About Cupcakes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crazy About Cupcakes

Hello, Cupcake by Alan    RichardsonBaking by Dorie GreenspanKaffeehaus by Rick RodgersThe Pie and Pastry Bible by Rose Levy BeranbaumThe Cake Bible by Rose Levy Beranbaum
Dessert Cookbooks
15th out of 184 books — 48 voters
County Fair Blue Ribbon Winning Pie Cookbook by Amber RichardsCake Keeper Cakes by Lauren ChattmanSouthern Cakes by Nancie McDermottThe Cake Bible by Rose Levy BeranbaumMore Cakes and Slices by Mary Coleman
Cake Cookbooks
24th out of 30 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Kayleen
Jul 22, 2010 Kayleen rated it really liked it
Shelves: food
I have books of cupcake recipes (just how many ways can you make a chocolate cake?) and books of cupcake designs, but this is a book of both. 30 pages of baking and decorating hints and techniques, 33 pages of cupcake recipes, 20 pages of icing and topping recipes, and 120 pages of how to put them all together, with ideas for all occassions. And there are cutesie little kid designs and sophisticated designs I would be proud to take to the office.
Having a photo by each recipe would make this a 5
Jen
Jan 03, 2009 Jen rated it liked it
This book is beautiful and nicely organized, with hints for baking cupcakes at the beginning, lists of cupcake recipes, frosting recipes, and a whole section of suggested decorations. At the end is a little chart that matches cupcake recipes with frosting counterparts. Yum. It also has very clear directions for baking novices.

However, my attempt at making the "chocolate macaroon cupcakes" with "dark chocolate frosting" failed. First: the frosting was a disaster. I had to dump the whole batch int
Heather
Apr 16, 2008 Heather rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
I love to browse through these kind of cookbooks and get ideas for parties and I pretty much judge them on the pictures since I am a diabetic and my opportunities for baking are limited :) This one is cute but most of the cupcake decorations are a little overdone and over the top for my taste but what is cool is there is a flavor combinations and design elements section in the back like for instance for the blueberry cupcake recipe you can try either cream cheese frosting, coconut pecan frosting ...more
Rachel
Jan 13, 2014 Rachel rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
By the time I finished reading this cookbook, there were numerous sticky notes marking recipes that I had to try. If you are interested in baking cupcakes, but don't know where/how to start, this would be the cookbook for you. There are many delicious recipes for cupcakes in a rainbow of flavours. Other sections contain icing recipes, decorating tips, and baking basics. About half the book contains pictures and instructions to achieve the cupcake: which cupcake recipe to use, which icing recipe ...more
Ishmealia
Mar 04, 2015 Ishmealia rated it really liked it
Love the recipes!
Lisa
May 07, 2015 Lisa rated it it was ok
this is one of the worst cook books that i have ever seen, along with this quinoa cookbook that looked like a 10 year old made it.

i have a really big problem with cook books that do not have alot of pictures in them. pictures are a must. also with the organization of the book i really didn't quite get it. it made no sense.

i just really hated this book and i am glad that i got this from the library instead of wasting my money on this item!!!!!
Monica Albright
Mar 24, 2011 Monica Albright rated it it was ok
I am crazy about cupcakes...but not so crazy for this cookbook. The pictures are good...not great. But, the cupcakes in the photos look very realistic as far as looking like the final product in my kitchen, not a professional chef's...The recipes look good...I've taken down a few that I would like to try. Chocolate Beer Cupcakes! Root Beer Cupcakes? This is definitely a recipe over photo book.
Apr 29, 2009 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Bakers, new and old
Recommended to Jennifer by: I found it on Amazon.com
Shelves: books-i-own
This book is wonderful. It is my "go-to" book whenever I need a recipe or idea. The cream cheese frosting recipe is one I use every time I make cream cheese frosting. The Bailey's Irish Cream cupcake recipe is also very yummy. I highly recommend this book, whether you are a seasoned baker or a newbie to the craft.
Evonne
Jan 11, 2014 Evonne rated it did not like it
Greasy cupcakes. I've definitely had way better recipes.
Linnea
Dec 20, 2008 Linnea rated it really liked it
Good ideas on cupcakes, I just can't bake. Nice pictures, but there is one other cupcake book out there that is just a little bit better. This one focuses a lot on the decoration side of cupcakes - a little to intricate for me.
Janni
Aug 13, 2012 Janni rated it it was amazing
This book rocks! It has every single recipe needed to make a set of perfect cupcakes, infact, somedays I wonder what I'd be baking if it werent for this book. ALl the recipes in this book are so yummy and so amazingly perrrrfect! O:)
Linda
Mar 22, 2008 Linda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, baking
The cupcakes in this book are so fun to make -- and come out fabulous. Lots of ideas and decorating tips. Plus the back section tells you what frostings are best paired which each cake and what recipes can be combined for layered cupcakes.
Kierstin
Jun 04, 2009 Kierstin rated it really liked it
An excellent resource to use when you have questions like, "How do I make liccorice frosting?", or "What kind of cupcake should be served at a funeral?" Works well as a jumping off point for creative cake bakers.
Caitlindawn
Jun 30, 2010 Caitlindawn rated it it was amazing
This is such a great recipe book - the recipes are straight-forward and incredibly easy. Some of my favorite recipes have come from this book - including strawberry-lime cupcakes!
Carly
Nov 18, 2009 Carly rated it liked it
Shelves: done
This has good cupcake holiday baking I've used the Christmas & Easter ones & Thanksgiving but the decorating time always takes longer then they say it will on the prep time.
Danielle
Jan 22, 2008 Danielle rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking
I love this one. I don't do any of the funky flavors or themes in the back of the book, but that core collection of recipes in the beginning is great.
Kim
Mar 01, 2013 Kim rated it liked it
Shelves: cooking
Not too bad and good for beginner to advanced.
Terri
Apr 26, 2008 Terri rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: dessert lovers
Excellent cookbook! All the recipes look yummy
Truly
May 14, 2011 Truly rated it really liked it
good recipes and fun decorations
Jessica
Jan 22, 2008 Jessica rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Filled with tons of cute ideas!
Angelique Little
Angelique Little rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2016
Amanda Kinney
Amanda Kinney rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2016
Stacey Hutchings
Stacey Hutchings marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Betiel
Betiel marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Bellamy
Bellamy marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Joanna West
Joanna West marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Consuelo quintailla
Consuelo quintailla rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2016
Nicci Fenstmaker
Nicci Fenstmaker rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2016
colleen
colleen marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Revonda Ellison
Revonda Ellison marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
  • Cupcakes!
  • 500 Cupcakes: The Only Cupcake Compendium You'll Ever Need (500 Series Cookbooks)
  • Little Cakes from the Whimsical Bakehouse: Cupcakes, Small Cakes, Muffins, and Other Mini Treats
  • The Confetti Cakes Cookbook: Spectacular Cookies, Cakes, and Cupcakes from New York City's Famed Bakery
  • Cupcakes!: From the Cake Mix Doctor
  • Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey: Desserts for the Serious Sweet Tooth
  • What's New, Cupcake? Ingeniously Simple Designs for Every Occasion
  • Cake Pops: Tips, Tricks, and Recipes for More Than 40 Irresistible Mini Treats
  • Sugar Baby: Confections, Candies, Cakes, & Other Delicious Recipes for Cooking with Sugar
  • All Cakes Considered: A Year's Worth of Weekly Recipes Tested, Tasted, and Approved by the Staff of NPR's All Things Considered
  • 101 Things to Do with a Cake Mix
  • The Modern Baker: Time-Saving Techniques for Breads, Tarts, Pies, Cakes and Cookies
  • The Pastry Queen: Royally Good Recipes From the Texas Hill Country's Rather Sweet Bakery and Cafe
  • The Art and Soul of Baking
  • The Magnolia Bakery Cookbook: Old Fashioned Recipes From New York's Sweetest Bakery
  • More From Magnolia: Recipes from the World Famous Bakery and Allysa Torey's Home Kitchen
  • Rose's Heavenly Cakes