Start by marking “The Night Before Christmas” as Want to Read:
The Night Before Christmas

The Night Before Christmas

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  243 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Here comes Santa Claus with four stories that celebrate the joy of holiday love and cheer.

Promises to Keep by Victoria Alexander — After a trip to see a department store Kris Kringle, a lonely businesswoman is swept back to a long-ago Christmas—and given a second chance to share a passion that will prove to her it really is a wonderful life.

Naughty or Nice by Sandra Hi
Mass Market, 395 pages
Published November 1st 2004 by Love Spell (first published December 1996)

To ask other readers questions about The Night Before Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Night Before Christmas

Promises to Keep by Victoria Alexander- 5/23/01

Katie has met that once in a lifetime soul mate and left him go. In 1942 at the Canteen dance on Christmas Eve she met Michael. He told her he loved her and wanted to marry her right then. Because her brother died in the war and Michael was leaving the next day she just could not commit. And lived a full life of regret. At age 74 she went to see Santa Claus and remind him he promised her a gift. She was given her 2nd chance to love Michael, knowing
This quartet of romances by women for women runs the gamut from the sentimental to the ridiculous, all under the “magic of Christmas” umbrella. First up is “Promises to Keep” by Victoria Alexander, about how a decision early in life can put a woman on a lonely path with no recourse, a premise that isn’t quite believable. However, this simple, nostalgic tale of post-WWII America tells a satisfying story of the heroine’s second chance through a bit of Christmas magic.

Second is Sandra Hill’s “Naugh
Ann aka Iftcan
I will admit right up front--I have a weakness for all holiday themed anthologies. I did enjoy this one--it has 4 stories by 4 different authors.

This book is a salute to St. Nick himself, who puts in a "personal" appearance in most of the stories.

Breakdown on the stories:

The first story (by Victoria Alexander) has a time travel element to it. It starts in 1996 with an elderly woman visiting St. Nick at the Mall and reminding him that he promised her a present many years before--and that she's n
Brenda Haven
ok...I read the one story by Victoria Alexander who is one of my favorite authors. I have rated it three stars. A sweet rendition of the classic It's A Wonderful Life. I did try to read the story by Nelle McFather but after about 20 pages of the story rambling in all different directions, I gave up. Didn't even attempt the other two. I've really got to stop trying to read anthologies. I think I have grown out of them.
Jul 18, 2008 Tracie added it
Dara wrote this to please her many fans while under orders not to write her MOD books while involved with a lawsuit with her publisher. This was not her best book by far, but she put it out because she was under such presure from her fans to self publish, which is what she did. Given more time I think this would have been another one of Dara's hits.
Nancy Luebke
I enjoyed this book, 4 stories by Victoria Alexanders, Sandra Hill, Dara Joy, and Nelle McFather. All set just before Christmas. There was laughter, Tears and all between. It was a really fun read. If you love Christmas stories, you'll love this.
This is a collection of fun Christmas romance short stories. All of them have a nice plot and give you more details about the characters than your regular bodice-rippers. Fun stories to read during the Christmas holidays.
Sherri Hunter
Not bad; not that great either. My favorite story of the bunch was Victoria Alexander's followed by Sandra Hill's and Dara Joy's. Couldn't get into McFather's story.
Victoria Alexander's PROMISES TO KEEP was a nice little chance for romantic redemption. For me, the other stories were mediocre at best.
Read this as ring from the ERTG. Not that crazy about anthologies, but it was an entertaining read.
Melody Monzon
I love this book no matter what time of year I read or how many times I have read it.
Noel marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015
Jessica Lee
Jessica Lee marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
Lise-Lotte Andersson
Lise-Lotte Andersson marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2015
Aimee marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2015
Lazelle Coetzer
Lazelle Coetzer marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2015
Marina marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2015
Mary Lynde
Mary Lynde marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2015
Heidi added it
Oct 10, 2015
Melissa marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2015
  • Lovescape
  • Blue Christmas
  • This Year's Christmas Present
  • The Brides of Christmas (Includes Warrior, #11; de Burgh, #3.5)
  • Mistletoe & Magic
  • Regency Christmas Wishes
  • A Stockingful of Joy
  • Moonglow
  • Christmas Keepsakes
  • A Regency Christmas Eve
  • A Gift of Joy (Delanza #2.5)
  • Santa, Honey (includes: Richmond Rogues, #4.5)
  • So This Is Christmas (Includes: The Protectors, #19)
  • Christmas Revels
  • The Amazing Tales of Wildcat Arrows

New York Times bestselling author Victoria Alexander was an award winning television reporter until she discovered fiction was much more fun than real life. She turned to writing full time and is still shocked it worked out.

Since the publication of her first book in 1995,
More about Victoria Alexander...