Start by marking “The Biggest Parade” as Want to Read:
The Biggest Parade

The Biggest Parade

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  3 reviews
A perfect book for any holiday with a parade

Harvey was excited when the mayor appointed him parade chairman. He loved parades. Fred did not.

Fred doesn't want to be in the parade--not in the beginning, not in the middle,
and not in the end. Not on the baseball float, and certainly not dressed as the
founding dog of Bonesport. But Fred loves Harvey, so he wants to make him
happ
Published August 8th 2006 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Biggest Parade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Biggest Parade

Asho
I saw this book in a grocery store before I was even pregnant, but I knew I had to have it because, hello, it's about a basset hound! Fred the basset has a perfectly basset-y attitude, and I love the style of the illustrations.
Alicia
A crazy premise that a town would throw a big parade but because everyone was in it there was no one to watch... except one dog who refused to be in the parade to be the biggest, loudest spectator.
Nanci
great story about how everyone can contribute in their own way.

ELIZABETH WINTHROP is the author of over sixty works of fiction for all ages.

Her most recent picture book, MAIA AND THE MONSTER BABY, with illustrations by Amanda Haley was published by Holiday House. TWINS, a picture book for toddlers with illustrations by Jane Massey, will be released by Two Lions/Amazon in 2015.

Writing as Elizabeth Winthrop Alsop, she has just published an ebook memoir piece en
More about Elizabeth Winthrop...
The Castle in the Attic (The Castle in the Attic, #1) The Battle for the Castle (The Castle in the Attic, #2) Counting on Grace Dumpy La Rue Vasilissa the Beautiful: A Russian Folktale