Start by marking “Across Time And Death: A Mother's Search For Her Past Life Children” as Want to Read:
Across Time And Death: A Mother's Search For Her Past Life Children

Across Time And Death: A Mother's Search For Her Past Life Children

For as long as she could remember, Jenny Cockell had felt she had lived a former life as Mary Sutton. Finally, Jenny acted on her intense need to find her lost family. After years of painstaking searching, she finally reunited with family members from her previous lifetime. This is her startling, true story.
Published May 6th 1994 by Fireside

To ask other readers questions about Across Time And Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Across Time And Death

Ingrid
Apr 17, 2016 Ingrid rated it really liked it
Turned I read it for the second time, have already read it some 20 years ago. Still interesting and intriguing.
Evi
Dec 01, 2012 Evi rated it it was amazing
Read this book several years ago. It is one of my all-time favorite books. Even if you don't believe in reincarnation, this will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up.

"For as long as she could remember, Jenny Cockell had known that she had lived before as Mary Sutton, a young Irishwoman ..."

Robyn
Mar 27, 2008 Robyn rated it it was amazing
This book is so pretty and very well written. It appeals to me on a very personal level from all the experiences and history - I recommend it to everyone!
Robin
Jun 23, 2009 Robin rated it liked it
I like this subject matter and I liked the book. I liked to think I will be with my kids.
Trinity
Sep 19, 2014 Trinity rated it it was ok
This book had a really interesting concept and is something I do personally believe in, but I was left with the feeling that it almost would've been more interesting if it had been a magazine article. There seemed to be entire filler pages where the author repeated herself over and over. Like I said, VERY interesting topic, and the story at it's most basic level was extremely intriguing - but as a book, I did not enjoy it very much.
Martha Kahn
Jul 15, 2015 Martha Kahn rated it it was ok
Perusing my bookshelves I discovered this book that a friend recommended to me a long time ago. So I decided to read it -- I actually skimmed it. It is a poorly written book about a woman's search for her presumed past life children. There is some validity to her story but a magazine article well edited would have been more interesting.
Jean Brazil
Apr 05, 2014 Jean Brazil rated it did not like it
Shelves: gave-up, nonfiction
Just couldn't get into it. Weird and poorly written.
Bibliotekar
Feb 22, 2015 Bibliotekar rated it really liked it
well researched book about past lives.
Elise McDowell
Haven't read it yet. Sounds interesting though.
Janellyn51
Mar 23, 2009 Janellyn51 rated it really liked it
This is an intriguing book. It's hard to imagine that what Jenny finds in the end isn't true. I've seen a TV show where the children all quite elderly now were reunited and discussing the whole thing. I think it's a nice book even just for people who are interested in all things Irish whether you believe in reincarnation or not. But, this book and one called Looking for Caroll Beckwith are two books that I feel go a long way to making past lives seem a reality.
Jen
Jan 13, 2011 Jen rated it it was ok
I only read this book because a friend gave it to me. It's the true story of a woman who searches for the children she believes she left behind in a past life. The story is interesting, but I found it difficult to connect to the main character.
Kira vizcaino
Feb 25, 2015 Kira vizcaino rated it it was ok
great story... written in the most tedious, painfully boring way possible.
Veronica Mcdonald
Nov 20, 2012 Veronica Mcdonald rated it really liked it
It was a good book, not great in my opinion but it was good. I was told to read it as it would convince me of reincarnation. Makes me wonder but still not sure. All in all an alright read.
Alison
Feb 25, 2016 Alison rated it really liked it
A fascinating story of a woman(Jenny) who since childhood has had memories of another woman Mary, who died 21 years before Jenny was born. (reincarnation)
Linda
Mar 28, 2010 Linda rated it really liked it
Tale of a woman's quest to find the children of the woman she was reincarnated from. Strange tale but fascinating nonetheless.
Mary
Jan 03, 2009 Mary rated it really liked it
It's a bit of a slow read, but an absolutely fascinating story nonetheless. I believe!
Jessica
Oct 27, 2008 Jessica rated it it was amazing
This is so good it's hair-raising. If you believe in past lives, it's a must read.
Kathy
Nov 03, 2007 Kathy rated it it was amazing
A must read if you are interested in past lives.
Pamela
Aug 28, 2013 Pamela rated it it was amazing
LOVED THIS BOOK
Stephanie Dakin
Stephanie Dakin rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2016
Mary McNee
Mary McNee marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Harleen Giran
Harleen Giran marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2016
Dave Zebian
Dave Zebian marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
Lisa Picco
Lisa Picco rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2016
Roberta Lutri
Roberta Lutri marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2016
Sydney
Sydney marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Em.
Em. marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2016
  • Where Are You Going?: A Guide to the Spiritual Journey
  • The Triads (Classics of Western Spirituality Series)
  • Orthodox Psychotherapy
  • Mother Teresa's Secret Fire: The Encounter That Changed Her Life, and How It Can Transform Your Own
  • Pray, Hope, and Don't Worry: True Stories of Padre Pio
  • Soul Making: The Desert Way of Spirituality
  • Short Trip to the Edge: Where Earth Meets Heaven—A Pilgrimage
  • Gifts of the Desert: The Forgotten Path of Christian Spirituality
  • Praying Our Goodbyes
  • The Soul After Death: Contemporary After-Death Experiences in the Light of the Orthodox Teaching on the Afterlife
  • Sister Wendy on Prayer