Start by marking “Five Little Peppers and How They Grew (Classic Starts Series)” as Want to Read:
Five Little Peppers and How They Grew (Classic Starts Series)

Five Little Peppers and How They Grew (Classic Starts)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  9 reviews
“To help mother”: that was the goal of each and every one of the five Pepper children. Yet even as “Mamsie” struggles hard to feed and educate her brood, she still manages to fill the house with joy. The adventures of this poor but loving family—Ben, Polly, Joel, Davie, and the adored youngest, Phronsie—have charmed young readers for more than a century. Overflowing with w ...more
Published March 3rd 2009 by Sterling (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Five Little Peppers and How They Grew, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Five Little Peppers and How They Grew

Lilly Fife
This was such a cue little book.I loved it how they were so nice and willing to their family.Polly, the second oldest is always helping her mother and helping the rest of them,Phronsie,Ben,Joel, and Davie. I think children would LOVE this Classic Starts book. Anybody would love this.I hope you enjoy reading this.The author of this book is Margaret Sidny.

Aruna Kumar Gadepalli
Easy and quick read, good for the Grade 3+.
A Nelson
This is a charming story. The family is poor, but extremely happy and loyal to their mom. In the end, they have quite a change in fortunes as they become indispensable companions for a wealthy family.

The only part that might cause Grace & Ian to pause and ponder in any sort of negative way is the burglary scene toward the end of the book. But, it is fairly benign.
Kathryn
I didn't realize when I requested this from the library I was getting an abridged version. I read it just the same wishin I had requested the original version. It was such a delightful story with a bit of an unpredicted ending. Next time I will defintely be careful when requesting classics from the library.
Sharay
I love how well they get along,they are always so kind to each other.
Frenchie Presents....
Great book.... good series!
Paul Cleary
Nov 10, 2010 Paul Cleary is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I like it so far
PWRL
Apr 30, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-new
SM
Hossein Ghazi
Hossein Ghazi marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Josh F
Josh F marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Crystal Leblanc walker
Crystal Leblanc walker marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Aneeza
Aneeza is currently reading it
Sep 29, 2014
Irene Esposito
Irene Esposito marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Kayla D.
Kayla D. marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Phantom of the Opera Never Tell Ben (Love Stories For Young Adults, #15) Greek Myths (Classic Starts Series) The Jungle Book #1: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi Moves In (Sterling) Animal Stories (Classic Starts Series)