The Fisher King: The Book of the Film

The Fisher King: The Book of the Film

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Includes: complete screenplay, interviews with Terry Gilliam and Robin Williams, and Richard LaGravenese's afterword detailing the writing and production history of the film.
Published May 1st 2000 by Applause Theatre & Cinema Book Publishers (first published 2000)

Sandi
Jun 02, 2009 Sandi rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people that like sappy stuff
mildly entertaining. ok, MINIMALLY entertaining. it really TRIES to make some kind of social statement about not being shallow and wanting things, status, power, etc. but it just comes across as...lame.
and the ending makes me want to puke. it just wraps everything up so nicely in a cute little bow. oh, puh-leeze!
actually, the more i think about it, i actually dont like this book at all. i was giving it a "it was ok" rating, but im gonna change it to "didn't like it", since "this is frikkin lam...more
Leila T.
I think this is more of a two-and-a-half stars, but it was amusing enough as a "book of the film", and it's not written horrendously (unlike "The Da Vinci Code"), although I think the movie itself is probably better. I think another reviewer has said that the ending is crap, which is probably true, even though I just remember it as being surreal.
Deborah
This my all time favorite movie, therefore it gets favorite book by default
Sang-Woo
I wish this film was a novel, as well!
Wes
Wes marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
Hevel Cava
Hevel Cava marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
Chuck
Chuck marked it as to-read
May 24, 2013
Liz
Liz added it
Apr 25, 2013
Ido
Ido marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2013
Dorin
Dorin marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2013
Natalie Pointing
Natalie Pointing marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2013
Heather Pitcher-heft
Heather Pitcher-heft marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2013